Page 36 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    and where is the cleanup utility mentioned in post #694??
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    The Clean Up Tool is on page 25, post #481 from Jason. Download it and run it.
    It will tell you which files are having problems and need to be replaced.
    You can run WebOs doctor, or follow the link posted several pages ago (also by Jason) to instructions on how to restore specific files from WebOS doctor to replace broken files
    Right here....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolimini View Post
    and where is the cleanup utility mentioned in post #694??
    I clicked the button to "Search this Thread" above for "cleanup utility" and got this answer:

If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03

- Craig
    Can anyone help ...none of the messeges mods are working. Cannot allow audio and video tweak ,cannot add new cards etc.etc. Looks like we need a web os quick install 3.0. Nomore donations from me until web os quick install works in a way that we don't have to remove or clean up anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolimini View Post
    Can anyone explain -or explain again- why I keep getting 'clunker' error message when I try & load 4x4 on launcher page and add/delete launcher pages? (It did not show up checked when I ran v2.51 I already had add pages from previous tweak)
    Everything else works great....
    Do you have Character counter working?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I can not access these feeds with the new ver 2.51. Please help.
    I keep getting an error message regarding an i/o exception file not found exception. Am I doing something wrong?
    New Pre owner and new WebOS Quick Install user, so I don't have a problem with turning off prior tweaks... but I too have the chunking error, exactly as advertised... which, ironically, I consider progress since I had to reboot my computer and remove my battery to get to this point. :-)

Last edited by LitPeejster; 09/21/2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added graphic of dialog box error
    OK...

With a million thanks to emoney_33, we have a solution for those of us who have been unable to reinstall VK since upgrading to QI 2.50 or 2.51. Please go to this post and follow the instructions to remove the faulty files:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1909089

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, you must have Virtual Box and the official Palm SDK downloaded to access novaterm. Once you have those programs downloaded, head over to this link for final instructions:

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

I have very limited skills with this type of thing, and I was able to do this with no problems. I am now rocking VK and all of the new tweaks from QI.

Thanks again to Jason and emoney_33.
    So to go from WebOS QI 2.5 to 2.51 do you need to uninstall all tweaks, then upgrade and reinstall just like you had to do going from 2.3 to 2.5?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I was having the freezing issues with 2.5 also. Read a post to uninstall Virtual Keyboard and delete/rename the Virtual Keyboard folder in the Pre.

I hooked up via USB, went to my "H" drive (the Pre) and DELETED the Virtual Keyboard folder without thinking it through.

Now I'm thinking this wasn't a good idea. I assume I will need this folder in the future for the Virtual Keyboard? If so, how do I get this folder back onto the pre?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Jason,

LOVE the app! Awesome work! I just installed 2.51, and I am getting errors (in the attachment below) when trying apply some tweaks. I am running WebOS 1.2, Build 147 (also in attachment below). The tweaks I applied previously are still there, and I know the device is attached. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i didnt specifically update my quick install intentionally, i would just go to this forum post and download it every time; so i dont know how to get all of my 2.03 tweaks out of my pre. i would like to remove all of them.

i also tried clicking on a saved 2.03 download and it prompts me to download webos doctor (which i already have downloaded) and then proceeds to an error message.

could somebody please help me
    Hi All,
    First I wanna send a big thanks to jason for this amazing program . I desperately need some help though from someone. I used an older version of Quick Install and made multiple tweaks from the tweak menu. After selecting the ones I wanted, and letting the phone reset, I found that my web browser will not open up. Tapping the icon causes it to glow but no card comes up, and clicking on links in messages does nothing. I stupidly didn't test the functionality of my device after each tweak took effect and have no idea how to fix this. I have done partial and full erases but to no avail. Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere but this thread has gotten extremely long and I am desperate as I use web on my phone A tremendous amount for work Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I got mine to work by uninstalling through preware & then going into usb mode and deleting key board folder. no all the tweaks i applied with Webos Quick install 2.5 work.

• Email delete all
    • message view in landscape mode
    • e-mail landscape mode
    • new clock theme
    • battery % icon
    • text message FWD'ng
    • silence phone dialer.
    i begin having the issues with opacity or the style mods...im tryin to uninstall everything again, but i need a little help with the five errors im getting. i know im supposed to use the script from the Dr. but i dont really get it...
    I actually am using a bit of both QI's for now, and it works for most of the new mods. Cant get the VK back for some reason...trying through QI 2.03 and 2.05...no go.
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/21/2009 at 05:44 PM.
    WebOS quick Install is not removing the tweaks that I made....

I did the following:

Force Roam
    Minimize Dim
    Add/Delete Launch Pages
    Battery Indicator with %
    Virtual Keyboard (Preware unistalled that one)
    Silence PhoneDial Pad... add vibrating feedback

I did the tweaks with another version of Quick Install. Used the same version to update my husband's pre... but now nothing is working as far as taking away the tweaks I have done above. Any help will be appreciated.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    is there a new version of WebDoctor that restores to WebOs 1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by jloyac1 View Post
    Hi All,
    First I wanna send a big thanks to jason for this amazing program . I desperately need some help though from someone. I used an older version of Quick Install and made multiple tweaks from the tweak menu. After selecting the ones I wanted, and letting the phone reset, I found that my web browser will not open up. Tapping the icon causes it to glow but no card comes up, and clicking on links in messages does nothing. I stupidly didn't test the functionality of my device after each tweak took effect and have no idea how to fix this. I have done partial and full erases but to no avail. Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere but this thread has gotten extremely long and I am desperate as I use web on my phone A tremendous amount for work Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks
    J

i had this same problem with the 2.3 version try removing "downloading in web browser" tweak... hope this helps

on a side note the battery tweaks give me a solid white bar across the top of my screen no sprint logo, time, signal strength, or battery symbols in order to clear it up i have to remove all tweaks... other than that its all good!
    For some reason, Im getting an error when trying to apply some of the patches: "ERROR: Unable process patch to /usr/palm/applications/.............. difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the position of chunk > target size"
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    I was having the freezing issues with 2.5 also. Read a post to uninstall Virtual Keyboard and delete/rename the Virtual Keyboard folder in the Pre.

I hooked up via USB, went to my "H" drive (the Pre) and DELETED the Virtual Keyboard folder without thinking it through.

Now I'm thinking this wasn't a good idea. I assume I will need this folder in the future for the Virtual Keyboard? If so, how do I get this folder back onto the pre?
    I deleted my vk folder too via usb then after uninstalled/installed tweaks I just downloaded vk again and folder is back