Page 35 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    Yeah, I can get things to work in 2.51, but somethings bring up error messages. I can't remove the iphone spoof for the life of me. It just won't uncheck for anything. I'm restarting now. Maybe it'll work. This program is great though. Makes me love my pre even more...
    yeah same thing here, so i said ****** it and reset the phone with Doctor,now i can redo tweaks just fine, everything back to where had it.
    I think it's best to get virtual keyboard from preware. Also, I'm gonna try using the disable all mods button from 2.5 as well as 2.51 just in case everything is gone from the first version (2.5). Hope this helps...I don't wanna use the Doctor
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.

And I gotta ask again, is no one having freezing issues anymore?
    I undid all my tweaks using 2.03 and then ran the cleanup utility. I got 2 errors:

1. ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.png" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.
    2. ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $is$ $modified$ $from$ $its$ $original$ $state$. $Be$ $sure$ $to$ $restore$ $the$ $original$.

Using the directions at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1849247 , i redownloaded the Doctor, extracted all the files, and then did the "Send File" (still using WebOSQI 2.03) for those 2 files. I reran the cleanup utility and are still getting the same errors. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!
    is it possible to tweak the phone use the middle button or volume buttons to wake it up? i dont know if its just me but i feel pushing the power button can be a bit cumbersome
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Well, it took a visit to the doctor (WebOS doctor, that is), but all is fixed.
    I ran the WebOS Clean Up tool Jason provided and it listed 9 files that needed fixing. So, I ran the doctor and all seems to work.
    Loaded up WebOS Quick Install 2.51 and everything works.

Since I'd rooted my Pre and changed a few things by hand, I'd been meaning to run WebOS doctor before the update anyway.

Got everything running on Windows XP, by the way
    What is this WebOS Clean Up tool??? i think i might wanna run that.

I keep trying to apply the download in browser tweek and get that "cannot patch: unmatched size or location" error i tried to drop the file in from the WebOS image, and its still not working, not sure why. anyone with ideas? Can someone send me their:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.browser\app\controllers\global_code.jsjsjs

thats the file that seem to having the issues.
    I went back to quick install 2.5 and disabled all the mods using the button. I did the same for 2.51, unplugged and re-booted. Re did all the tweaks (afterwards) in 2.51. I got one error messaging from allowing audio and video attachments. Closed it out, unplugged again and restarted 2.51. Everything works lovely now. I do miss the haptic feedback and click. I modified the file to allow haptic and set to 45. I got sound back too. This is great...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Alright, I reloaded 1.1 and everything was fine until I clicked "Character counter" and then I received this error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Try this:

1) Be sure to uncheck all tweaks in 2.03.
    2) Open 2.5 and go to Tools/Send file
    3)Download the below file and unzip to desired location
    4)Place the file location in the File: section or drag and drop to File: section
    5)The destination folder should be \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\stylesheets
    6)Send to Device
    7) Try applying CC tweak again should work
    Be sure to click the "disable all mods" button before sending the messaging.css file to your device
    k, I'll look into this
    I been having the same issue, however it seems to be affected depending on what you do, The 1st time I try to run the counter I received exactly the same error Mattykinsx did, I remove all tweaks, did the iclean and send the file.
    2nd time, I started with the counter and it work but the "show im status and the month display on calendar" did not and gave a chunk error as well. I remove all tweaks, I clean up and send files.
    3rd Time I used 2.51 and I started with "show im status and the month display on calendar" both worked but "the counter" did not, this time I got 4 different unable to process patch.
    some how it seems like the im status and counter cant work together
    I continue applying all the rest of the tweaks and try the counter at the end,
    4th time I did not remove all tweaks I decided to try to send send the files and it game only 2 unable to process errors, the compose-scene.html and messagin.css. I run it again to note down, right before i clicked the messaging.css to close my laptop die so I reboot luna manually and end it up getting the counter to work, looks a little weird but is there. Everything else seems to work execpt it remove my avatar and my landscape tryies to look like portrait.

These are the 4 Errors I received after trying to apply "the counter tweak"

1st
    ERROR:Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacgterCounter.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailed:Incorrect Chunk:the chunk content doesn't match the target

2nd
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html

3rd
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/compose-scene.html

4th
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    What is this WebOS Clean Up tool??? i think i might wanna run that.

I keep trying to apply the download in browser tweek and get that "cannot patch: unmatched size or location" error i tried to drop the file in from the WebOS image, and its still not working, not sure why. anyone with ideas? Can someone send me their:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.browser\app\controllers\global_code.jsjsjs

thats the file that seem to having the issues.

The Clean Up Tool is on page 25, post #481 from Jason. Download it and run it.
    It will tell you which files are having problems and need to be replaced.
    You can run WebOs doctor, or follow the link posted several pages ago (also by Jason) to instructions on how to restore specific files from WebOS doctor to replace broken files
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    I NEED HELP I AM GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE IT DONT MATTER WHERE I GO OR WHAT I DO

I need helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    I am having the same issue and I am working with the Virtual Keyboard team to find a solution. Per Jason, this is NOT an issue with Quick Install. Head over to the VK thread in WebOS Development and follow along there. Hopefully we have a fix soon...
    I know that right now the last thing Jason wants to be doing is taking Tweak Requests, but I was wondering if anyone out there with a solid knowledge of WebOS' inner workings can answer this question:

Somewhere in the code, does it appear as though we will ever get the option of customizing our notification alerts? The fact that we cannot seperate SMS from Email, let alone email account to email account, is quite frustrating. Just wondering if this is something we can expect down the road.

Thanks...and sorry for the slightly off-topic post.
    Last edited by PreFix; 09/21/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Thanks PSM9.....I'l take a look at it when I get back from work.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Can anyone explain -or explain again- why I keep getting 'clunker' error message when I try & load 4x4 on launcher page and add/delete launcher pages? (It did not show up checked when I ran v2.51 I already had add pages from previous tweak)
    Everything else works great....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Alright, I reloaded 1.1 and everything was fine until I clicked "Character counter" and then I received this error message.
    I get the same error message:

I went so far as to use the doctor to get a clean slate and have followed the instructions meticulously.

I have tested it on a Vista and an XP PC with the same results on each.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/21/2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I get hte same error message:

I went so far as to use the doctor to get a clean slate and have followed the instructions meticulously.

I have tested it on a Vista and an XP PC with the same results on each.

- Craig
    Try this, it will replace the file that does not match.

http://forums.precentral.net/1908701-post649.html
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bouhammer View Post
    does anyone know how to test the iphone spoof?
    In your web browser, go to "www.facebook.com"

It will redirect you to "iphone.facebook.com" and it will look exactly like x.facebook.com instead of like the desktop version facebook site.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Try this, it will replace the file that does not match.

http://forums.precentral.net/1908701-post649.html
    Thank you for your help. I already did that after reading it in your post but still get the same chunk error.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/21/2009 at 03:35 PM.
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.

And I gotta ask again, is no one having freezing issues anymore?
    IT WORKS!!!! EVERYTHING IS FIXED OMG XDDDDDDDDDDDD =D THANKS U SOOOOO MUCH MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    YOu are giving wonderful help. I already did that after reading it in your post but still get the same chunk error.

- Craig
    by any chance are you using the show full IM Status?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    sorry but I too continue to get the 'chunk' message
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Somewhere in the code, does it appear as though we will ever get the option of customizing our notification alerts? The fact that we cannot separate SMS from Email, let alone email account to email account, is quite frustrating. Just wondering if this is something we can expect down the road.
    I searched for "SMS email notification" and got a number of threads were this had been discussed at some length including this answer in My Notifications:

Q. Can there be separate sounds for SMS/Email/Charger?
    A. Not without editing those other applications. There is a patch available for the messaging application, however this thread is not the place to ask for assistance with that patch.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/txt-manager
    does give you control over SMS alerts.

- Craig