Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. To the best of your knowledge (or anyone else experiencing the same issue), does this mean Doctoring is the only way to fix this error?

Thanks again...
    I honestly don't know. You'd need to ask the virtual-keyboard guys why you're getting the error.

On a related note, I've uploaded a hotfixed v2.51, which disables the virtual keyboard mods on the Tweaks section and should get rid of any issues of freezing (hopefully). This hotfixed version has the correct v2.51 version number on the about screen, heh.
    I have removed all tweaks from my phone and am waiting for WEB OS 1.2.

Does anyone know if I have to remove filecoaster, and/or preware, and/or package manager service before upgrading to 1.2?

Hopefully the tweaks will be back usable without problems shortly after 1.2 is released.
    trying to install preware with quickinstall but gettting a error: archive truncated, has anyone gotten this, i tried and tried and tried search and nothing? help appreciated thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If you have the Virtual Keyboard installed you need to uninstall it and the go into USB Mode on your Pre and delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. This should solve your freezing issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    To Mattykinsx, truelymacknificent, azkevman

lol, where were you 3 yesterday when I was looking for ppl with freezing issues

Do all 3 of you have virtual keyboard installed?
    Thanks ! Solved my issues. Thought VK was uninstalled when removing patches from the previous version of QI.
    Alright, I reloaded 1.1 and everything was fine until I clicked "Character counter" and then I received this error message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I honestly don't know. You'd need to ask the virtual-keyboard guys why you're getting the error.

On a related note, I've uploaded a hotfixed v2.51, which disables the virtual keyboard mods on the Tweaks section and should get rid of any issues of freezing (hopefully). This hotfixed version has the correct v2.51 version number on the about screen, heh.
    this hotfix when did u upload it....last night right?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

trying to install preware with quickinstall but gettting a error: archive truncated, has anyone gotten this, i tried and tried and tried search and nothing? help appreciated thanks!
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this hotfix when did u upload it....last night right?
    Just a min or two ago
    Just a min or two ago
    oh so this hotfix fixed the keyboard freezing issue? awesome ill download it thanks jason
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    I JUST went through it. There's a lot of info abvout needing to install pkg mgr svc first.

If you didn't then delete preware unplug the pre and start over with pkg mgr first.

It was just 2 mins ago and I am fine now. The instructions ARE very clear BUT it also looks like one of those things where they put in the word and and you only see it once. Easy to miss until you go back and say 'How the heck did I not see that?'
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Here's what I do:
    Mac OSX Snow Leopard
    Qiuckinstall 2.51

steps:
    OS Doctor phone back to factory state
    run quick install and apply tweaks
    get freeze issue on user agent stuff. Disconnect phone and restart quickinstall
    apply remaining tweaks without further issue
    go to button under red "minus" button for packages
    get "error reading pacakge list" but it comes in eventually
    I select "package manager service" and "Preware" then hit download
    packages download
    select install
    get error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.4_all.ipk .... ipkg: Archive Truncated"
    hit ok, get second error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.preware_0.0.0_all.ipk .... An Error occurred, return value: 22. ipkg: invalid magic"
    I hit ok.

no packages are installed on phone.

I manually downloaded a package and tried to install that. Got very similar error.

any suggestions?

all tweaks are checked except: "downloading in web browser" "Reduce min brightnes", allow audio and video attachment" "show emails in compose" "new card for each conversation" "Show full im status" "character counter" "offline message send without dialog" "messaging working in landscape" "sym+f and sym+g hotkeys jump words" "Change boot logo" "change dialer" " change lock screen" " change launcher opacity" "squarify the screen".

sorry for spellings.. typing quickly while at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Alright, I reloaded 1.1 and everything was fine until I clicked "Character counter" and then I received this error message.
    Try this:

1) Be sure to uncheck all tweaks in 2.03.
    2) Open 2.5 and go to Tools/Send file
    3)Download the below file and unzip to desired location
    4)Place the file location in the File: section or drag and drop to File: section
    5)The destination folder should be \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\stylesheets
    6)Send to Device
    7) Try applying CC tweak again should work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8hifi View Post
    Here's what I do:
    Mac OSX Snow Leopard
    Qiuckinstall 2.51

steps:
    packages download
    select install
    get error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.4_all.ipk .... ipkg: Archive Truncated"
    hit ok, get second error: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.preware_0.0.0_all.ipk .... An Error occurred, return value: 22. ipkg: invalid magic"
    I hit ok.

I manually downloaded a package and tried to install that. Got very similar error.

any suggestions?
    Sounds like an issue with downloading files. Maybe try downloading the files manually.
  14.    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Try this:

1) Be sure to uncheck all tweaks in 2.03.
    2) Open 2.5 and go to Tools/Send file
    3)Download the below file and unzip to desired location
    4)Place the file location in the File: section or drag and drop to File: section
    5)The destination folder should be \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\stylesheets
    6)Send to Device
    7) Try applying CC tweak again should work
    Be sure to click the "disable all mods" button before sending the messaging.css file to your device
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks for the very quick reply. Downloaded the two packages in question from your link (Preware and Package manager service). got same errors. Did not get these under 2.03

thank you again,
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    ok sorry if this is some where answered already, I did search but did find specifically the answer ..

With the add launcher pages - I understand ( i think lol ) that before the palm update I need to uncheck my tweaks .. but if I have added a launcher page, and remove it, will it move the items on that page to another page, ooooor delete them?

Thank You Jason! This is all so awesome! I couldnt give what I am sure your time and effort is worth but I did make a donation in appreciation!
    Unchecking that tweak will only remove the ability to add/remove pages. It will not actually remove the pages that you have added.
    I am having the grey-out problem as well. Here's what I did:

1) Uninstalled all tweaks via 2.03.
    2) Downloaded 2.5.1 this a.m.
    3) Clicked Disable all mods; Pre reset properly.
    4) Clicked 4x4 icons in Tweaks. Check appears in 4x4 box, then all menu items grey out, Pre does *not* reset but seems to be connecting/disconnecting repeatedly from Sprint (Phone offline/Sprint notices keep swapping ever minute or so)

Running WOSQICleanUp.jar tells me that "themes.json" is modified from the original state. Going to try to find that and install it, then try again. {Jonathan}
    Last edited by Jonathan I Ezor; 09/21/2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8hifi View Post
    Here's what I do:
    Mac OSX Snow Leopard
    Qiuckinstall 2.51

steps:
    packages download
    select install
    I hit ok.

any suggestions?

all tweaks are checked except: "downloading in web browser" "Reduce min brightnes", allow audio and video attachment" "show emails in compose" "new card for each conversation" "Show full im status" "character counter" "offline message send without dialog" "messaging working in landscape" "sym+f and sym+g hotkeys jump words" "Change boot logo" "change dialer" " change lock screen" " change launcher opacity" "squarify the screen".

sorry for spellings.. typing quickly while at work.
    getting the samething... still working on it.
    I'm getting errors when I try to install ANY patch.

Can't even install preware.
    Errors like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the "Show emails in compose search" tweak works?
    Ditto, can anyone tell us what the "Show emails in compose search" is? I can't find reference (other than the question above) anywhere.

Thanks to many for some great tweaks.

Jason, thank you for a great install pkg.

Joe