Page 32 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    does anyone know how to test the iphone spoof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    SHOW DEV MODE APP in Launcher.. !!

under file options tab

there is an option box to check "Show Devmode app in launcher"

What is this? is it a short cut to the kinoma code "upupdowndownleftrigtleftrigt.." ?

When i checked that box my pre re-set then when i tried the launcher the launcher wouldnt load. I was able to fix it but if it does add a launcher icon to enable dev mode i defiantly want this, so how should it be added?

in USB mode?
    Can someone post an explanation of tweaks that not as obvious to what their function is.

• iPhone spoof
    • Show DevMode in launcher ( from file--Options menu)
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    ok, question for jason or anyone that knows the answer.. i did search and didnt see this come up.

im hesitant to go through all the "un"tweaking, then retweaking everything with the new settings, knowing that in a few days I will have to redo it again when webos 1.2 comes out..

i know its not a big deal and im partially just lazy but..

does the "disable all mods "just reset all the tweaks back to stock?

So essentially what im asking is if i set it up, then hit disable, I'd be good to go for the web os upgrade right away?

or would it still be recommended to undo them 1 by 1 before upgrading?

thanks, very excited to try out some of the new mods
    Yes, the disable all mods will put everything back to stock and then you will be good to go for the 1.2 upgrade.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I tried "2.51" and when I click a box the quick install just sits there frozen. So I used "2.5" again, and it does the same thing now. I reloaded the backup and tried again and it still does the same thing.
    i need help please, i'm not that savy with this but i follow instructions well and i've did everything exactly the way i was supposed to. webos1.1 worked great (probably calling it the wrong version), but this webos 2.51 when i go to the tweaks section and check a box the screen just says please wait and my pre start going in and out of signal. Please what im i doing wrong. ps if i get on my laptop and use webos install1.1 it works flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I tried "2.51" and when I click a box the quick install just sits there frozen. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by truelymacknificent View Post
    ... webos 2.51 when i go to the tweaks section and check a box the screen just says please wait and my pre start going in and out of signal. ...
    Same thing here...I removed all tweaks that I had installed with the previous version of QI, then downloaded 2.51. Any tweak I try to apply just greys out all others and indefinitely sits and says "Please Wait" at the bottom. Nothing is being applied to my device.
    I also tried the "Disable all Mods" function...but that has not helped.

Any ideas???
    i need help please, i'm not that savy with this but i follow instructions well and i've did everything exactly the way i was supposed to. webos1.1 worked great (probably calling it the wrong version), but this webos 2.51 when i go to the tweaks section and check a box the screen just says please wait and my pre start going in and out of signal. Please what im i doing wrong. ps if i get on my laptop and use webos install1.1 it works flawlessly.

If you have the Virtual Keyboard installed you need to uninstall it and the go into USB Mode on your Pre and delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. This should solve your freezing issue.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Same thing here...I removed all tweaks that I had installed with the previous version of QI, then downloaded 2.51. Any tweak I try to apply just greys out all others and indefinitely sits and says "Please Wait" at the bottom. Nothing is being applied to my device.

Any ideas???
    Same problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post

Any ideas???

Uninstall Virtual Keyboard and then go into USB Mode on you Pre and delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. This should solve you freezing issue.

10.    #630  
    To Mattykinsx, truelymacknificent, azkevman

lol, where were you 3 yesterday when I was looking for ppl with freezing issues

Do all 3 of you have virtual keyboard installed?
    i did have VK installed, but i did it through preware, but i also unistalled the patch through preware since we were instructed to undo all tweaks first. so are you saying that preware didnt remove the patch and this is the right way to do it?
  12.    #632  
    i did have VK installed, but i did it through preware, but i also unistalled the patch through preware since we were instructed to undo all tweaks first. so are you saying that preware didnt remove the patch and this is the right way to do it?
    go into usb mode and see if there's a folder named "virtual-keyboard" there
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If you have the Virtual Keyboard installed you need to uninstall it and the go into USB Mode on your Pre and delete the Virtual Keyboard folder. This should solve your freezing issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

did u read my post maybe a page behind....i had the freezing issue when adding the iphone spoof....so i decided to transfer the keyboard file to my pc and delete from pre...then it worked without freezing....and then put back the keyboard file
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Jason,

A million thanks for everything. I just want to clarify that after deleting all tweaks in 0.2.51 and then successfully correcting all files from your clean up program, this was not designed to enable us to re-install VK?

I have no error files in cleanup, ALL of the tweaks I have applied are working perfectly, but I still get an error message when attempting to re-install VK via QI or Preware.

I wasn't on yesterday.

Yes I did. I performed format with webdoctor just now.
    go into usb mode and see if there's a folder named "virtual-keyboard" there

yeah its there. so just delete it? and that fixes the probs?
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Jason,

A million thanks for everything. I just want to clarify that after deleting all tweaks in 0.2.51 and then successfully correcting all files from your clean up program, this was not designed to enable us to re-install VK?

I have no error files in cleanup, ALL of the tweaks I have applied are working perfectly, but I still get an error message when attempting to re-install VK via QI or Preware.
    I believe that error is separate from WebOS Quick Install. WebOS Quick Install in no way is designed to conflict with the on-screen keyboard
    So since I did a fresh install with the webos doctor, everything should be fine just put the onscreen keyboard on last?
    I believe that error is separate from WebOS Quick Install. WebOS Quick Install in no way is designed to conflict with the on-screen keyboard
    Thanks for the quick reply. To the best of your knowledge (or anyone else experiencing the same issue), does this mean Doctoring is the only way to fix this error?

Thanks again...