Page 31 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I am still having problems and nothing has helped. I have run the cleanup .jar and it finishes ok after having to replace some original files. After running it, my 2.03 version shows no tweaks checked, even though they are still applied to the phone. My 2.51 version still has all the tweaks greyed out and "please wait" at the bottom. Pressing the "Disable all mods..." button does nothing. I cannot open any emails or txt messages on my phone. Please HELP!!!!
    Jason, you are awesome and so is this app! I really appreciate the tweaks portion because it means I am less likely to eff up my phone rooting it.

I appreciate all your hard work and just made a donation. Wish it could be more.

Keep up the good work, we appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    What I would do first is click on the button in the Tweaks section of quick install (Disable all tweaks and restore from backup). Then try to reinstall the keyboard. After that using the updated quick install 2.51 (which was just released early this morning) try to reinstall all your tweaks again. Let me know wha happens.
    If you click on the disable tweaks and restore from backup does that wipe everything or what does it actually do. What will i lose in essence.

Ty in advance
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    What exactly does the iPhone spoof thing do? I was unsure of what it did exactly so I never applied it.
    Some web pages load different versions depending on what kind of browser or device you load them with. So for example, if you go to USAToday.com or Yahoo.com on a mobile phone browser or Firefox, you get two completely different pages. Well, they also have ANOTHER site especially formatted for iPhone screens that looks a lot better than the regular mobile phone version, which happens to fit and render perfectly on a Pre.

So what the spoof does is it makes your Pre tell web servers that it's an iPhone so it gives you the "good" mobile version of their site, instead of the "crappy" one.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by bouhammer View Post
    I am still having problems and nothing has helped. I have run the cleanup .jar and it finishes ok after having to replace some original files. After running it, my 2.03 version shows no tweaks checked, even though they are still applied to the phone. My 2.51 version still has all the tweaks greyed out and "please wait" at the bottom. Pressing the "Disable all mods..." button does nothing. I cannot open any emails or txt messages on my phone. Please HELP!!!!
    Well I was able to get 2.3 to work again and get my tweaks back through it. For now I think I will hold off on 2.51 until 1.2 releases this week and everyone can react to that. I am assuming there will be an awesome new version of this great app released after 1.2 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    If you click on the disable tweaks and restore from backup does that wipe everything or what does it actually do. What will i lose in essence.

Ty in advance

It just removes any and all tweaks applied with quick install and nothing else.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok got it going this is the best app!!! Love the way it lets the average user click and add the tweaks!!!! Love all the support from everyone on here. The send file is awesome to fix anything that gets buggard.
    Thanks for responding so quickly with the new version, Jason.

I was unable to install the add/delete launcher pages in ver 2.5. I was able to check the tweak and my phone would reboot, but nothing changed. So I removed it.

This morning I installed ver 2.51 and tried add/delete pages again. I checked the block and my phone rebooted. After the reboot, I could not bring up my launcher. The icon would light up and the upper left corner menu said launcher, but the phone would not bring up the page. I rebooted the phone again, but nothing changed.

I decided to remove all mods, but then I got a connection error: Error 12: connection refused. Then error 5, then error 15. I closed out of Quick Install and then opened it again. I hit the remove all mods button again and it worked this time. So I am back to square one.

I am running Windows Vista and Web OS 1.1.

I have to run now, but I will try again when I get home this evening.

Thanks for your help.
    Where can I download WebOS Quick Install v2.03?
    I need it to disable all mods I activated with this version and when I downloaded the new version I replaced the files.
    Thanks.

EDIT: The site doesn't have the latest version so that's there I got it from.
    Go to http://www.canuck-software.ca/wosqi.html to download it. If you have any problems I still have the old version so I can email it to whoever needs it.
    Last edited by hellbinder; 09/21/2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well, it took a visit to the doctor (WebOS doctor, that is), but all is fixed.
    I ran the WebOS Clean Up tool Jason provided and it listed 9 files that needed fixing. So, I ran the doctor and all seems to work.
    Loaded up WebOS Quick Install 2.51 and everything works.

Since I'd rooted my Pre and changed a few things by hand, I'd been meaning to run WebOS doctor before the update anyway.

Got everything running on Windows XP, by the way
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Yup deleting the Virtual-Keyboard folder on my Pre via USB mode fixed my freezing issue!
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    Where can I download WebOS Quick Install v2.03?
    I need it to disable all mods I activated with this version and when I downloaded the new version I replaced the files.
    Thanks.

EDIT: The site doesn't have the latest version so that's there I got it from.
    Go to Canuck Software to download it. If you have any problems I still have the old version so I can email it to whoever needs it.
    If you look on Page #2 of this post on Post #26 it is there.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Can anyone tell me how the "Show emails in compose search" tweak works?
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    ok, question for jason or anyone that knows the answer.. i did search and didnt see this come up.

im hesitant to go through all the "un"tweaking, then retweaking everything with the new settings, knowing that in a few days I will have to redo it again when webos 1.2 comes out..

i know its not a big deal and im partially just lazy but..

does the "disable all mods "just reset all the tweaks back to stock?

So essentially what im asking is if i set it up, then hit disable, I'd be good to go for the web os upgrade right away?

or would it still be recommended to undo them 1 by 1 before upgrading?

thanks, very excited to try out some of the new mods
    Excellent work Jason. The NASCAR application was removed perfectly. Too bad I updated the Virtual Keyboard because there seems to be a bug in the install script and now it removed it completely...but that it the subject for another thread.
    First Jason is awesome. Thank you very much for making webosqi even though the new one isn't working perfectly it's still better then what I could have done. I had a suggestion that maybe you could add hiding the Sprint TV and Sprint mobile webpage shortcuts. I don't know how many people actully use Sprint tv but I doubt anyone uses the sprint mobile site. Again thank you very much and when is palm just going to steal all your work and put it into webos?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Okay all of you dopes (me included) that did not follow the directions and uninstall Virtual Keyboard before updating to 0.2.2, here is what you need to do to reinstall it properly.

This fix should only be attempted by someone comfortable with a rooted Pre and Linux. I am not going to put in the exact commands because you should know what you are doing if you attempt this procedure.

1. Uninstall Virtual Keyboard either through WebOS Quick Install or Preware and let the phone reboot.
    2. Copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$.$bak$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/ $so$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $backup$ $copy$.
    3. Copy the file palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $checksum$ $is$ $0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e$.
    4. Remove any copy of
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
      ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
      in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    5. Reinstall Virtual Keyboard.

This is the method that I used to get back my virtual keyboard. You can now use WebOS Quick Install to change the themes and sounds once you include additional files in /media/internal/virtual-keyboard.

Good Luck
    That's beyond what I'm comfortable doing. Here's my question. All the other tweaks I like work. Will the fact that I'm getting this error message when trying to re-install the virtual keyboard endanger my phone when I upgrade to 1.2?

I'd prefer to not have to go the WebOS Doctor route because I'm under the impression that I'd lose all of my SMS.
    ABOUT TO GO CRAZY.... IS IT ME OR IS THERE NO LINK ANYWHERE FOR THE WebOS Quick Installer?????????!!!!!!!!

iM USUALLY SMARTER THAN THIS.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok...... I swear to God that the link wasn't there 15mins ago.... lol
    I searched up and down and everywhere.... nothing earlier.
    Now it's there.... Someone must be Screwing with my head.

Gotta be the Government.....
    Last edited by life256; 09/21/2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: I'm an IDIOT
    Quote Originally Posted by life256 View Post
    ABOUT TO GO CRAZY.... IS IT ME OR IS THERE NO LINK ANYWHERE FOR THE WebOS Quick Installer?????????!!!!!!!!

iM USUALLY SMARTER THAN THIS.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
    Check the first page...
    I had some of the Error 9 issues, but not exactly sure when they happen. Messaging tweaks never really worked for me before (maybe that's a Sprint vs Bell thing?) but able to fix it easily enough. Installed the iPhone spoof, the 4x4 launcher, and the messaging in new cards, no problem. Seems that if I reboot the phone or sometimes restart WOSQI I can install some tweaks, but eventually I get the Error 9 thing.

For those new to it, take your time. Don't click every tweak all at once! The phone restarts it's GUI each time, so make sure you take your time, and it seems pretty solid. To those intending to wait, it's up to you. Nothing here is going to mess you up, although if you have the messaging issues (like I did) it's easy to fix.

No biggie, though. The reset tweaks works great too. All in all, pretty nice.

Thanks Jason. Glad I donated.