Page 30 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I am loving this iPhone spoof. Makes web browsing much better. I will give the virtual keyboard patch another shot.
    I you have file coaster on your pre the dev app is in with the homebrew apps. Its great not to have to put code in everytime
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    I am loving this iPhone spoof. Makes web browsing much better. I will give the virtual keyboard patch another shot.
    What exactly does the iPhone spoof thing do? I was unsure of what it did exactly so I never applied it.
    ok sorry if this is some where answered already, I did search but did find specifically the answer ..

With the add launcher pages - I understand ( i think lol ) that before the palm update I need to uncheck my tweaks .. but if I have added a launcher page, and remove it, will it move the items on that page to another page, ooooor delete them?

Thank You Jason! This is all so awesome! I couldnt give what I am sure your time and effort is worth but I did make a donation in appreciation!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    thanks for this great app
    Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    What exactly does the iPhone spoof thing do? I was unsure of what it did exactly so I never applied it.
    It took me a few minutes to find this specific post, but this demonstrates the huge difference in web browsing once the iPhone spoof tweak is applied.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...perfectly.html
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    HELP!!!! when i click on a tweak to apply the button that says close at the bottom of the page says please wait and just sites there then i have to use task manager to close it out HELP!!!!!PLZ : (

EDIT: So if i had the vk installed do i just need to delete that and i am good?
    Last edited by jersey221; 09/21/2009 at 02:38 AM.
    hey jason....all the tweaks worked except the iphone spoof....but mind u....i had the keyboard installed when 2.51 froze....i had to go in usb mode...delete the keyboard file and then install it again...and it worked.....so the freezing is still happening with the keyboard file in usb

Edit: i had just doctored my pre b4 all this
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

um what am i doing wrong? please

I have tweaks open - i select anyone of the styling mods - it opens the box for me to select a file - i click the button on the right ( thinking its going to open a box for me to select what file i want to download? ) but nothing happens - i cant click in the "link box" to type or add anything

am i missing something somewhere??

THANKS!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Open the QI v2.51 & go to Tweaks. Click the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button on the bottom right.

This cleared everything up for me & allowed me to add all the patches back on with NO errors at all!!!

I don't know if anyone's having "tweak" issues. I tried applying some to my pre and for some reason I kept getting errors when choosing various messaging tweaks. On top of that, I tried the battery indicator tweak. It worked fine, but after reseting all tweaks, I experienced a solid white bar across the top of my screen where you'd usually see the battery status, time, network strengths, etc. which would not allow me to access the wi-fi/bluetooth options on the home screen. I was using version 2.5. I eventually downloaded 2.03 and somehow managed to correct the issue, albeit by luck; curious however if anyone's experienced this and if there's a proper way to correct the issue.
    I need helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    thank u very much. everything is working except charater counter for messaging
    and 4X4. any ideas

Post #473 should have fixed the 4x4 issue. What is the error you are getting?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Thanks.
    everyhing is working except 4X4 and the character count. any ideas

The steps you followed should have fixed the 4x4 error. What is the error you are getting?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Thanks for a fantastic app.
    I know that everyone is frantically getting things back to working order. Would it be possible to summarize, either here or in a separate post, what to do when the OS upgrade comes if we DON'T have the new version of WOSQI?
    I have 2.03, VK, My Tether and a few tweaks. I have held off with v. 2.5 until the new OS came on purpose, but I really want to make sure I don't have any problems.
    My assumption is I need to remove all tweaks (since there isn't a remove all on 2.3) slowly, remove the VK and My Tether. Since I installed the keyboard through Preware, I assume I must remove it with Preware, then remove Preware (?)
    I think there are a number of people in my situation who have been approaching these add-ons cautiously and want to avoid problems. Appreciate any specific instructions.....
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    The steps you followed should have fixed the 4x4 error. What is the error you are getting?
    Alvin Can you help me

somebody

found
    Alvin Can you help me

somebody

found

Did you try installing using Preware? This is the easiest way. If so and you got a error let me know what that was.

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Did you try installing using Preware? This is the easiest way. If so and you got a error let me know what that was.
    it gives me the same error in the ipkg log
    What I would do first is click on the button in the Tweaks section of quick install (Disable all tweaks and restore from backup). Then try to reinstall the keyboard. After that using the updated quick install 2.51 (which was just released early this morning) try to reinstall all your tweaks again. Let me know wha happens.
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/21/2009 at 06:53 AM.