Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks Again alvin319
    I went to your other post and did "send file" you posted and it fixed my "Change launcher opacity" issue/error also.
    Thanks again
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    oops..messaging mods causing problems now..I get
    ERROR: Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    difflib.PatchFailedException: INcorrect Chunk: the position of chunk > target size
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If you are having trouble with getting the 4x4 icons to work with 2.5 and are getting the below error follow the below steps. Worked for me.

1) Be sure to uncheck all tweaks in 2.03.
    2) Open 2.5 and go to Tools/Send file
    3)Download the below file and unzip to desired location
    4)Place the file location in the File: section or drag and drop to File: section
    5)The destination folder should be \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\stylesheets
    6)Send to Device
    7) Try applying 4x4 tweak again should work
    thank u very much. everything is working except charater counter for messaging
    and 4X4. any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    See my post http://forums.precentral.net/1907413-post473.html . This fixed the issue for me.
    Thanks.
    everyhing is working except 4X4 and the character count. any ideas
    i doctored my phone and all the tweaks seemed to work fine.
    I was wondering if there was any way to get a tweak for the emergency call button, so it wont auto dial 911?
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerUser View Post
    oops..messaging mods causing problems now..I get
    ERROR: Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    difflib.PatchFailedException: INcorrect Chunk: the position of chunk > target size
    You need to uninstall all tweaks and restore chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $original$. $I$ $had$ $the$ $same$ $issue$ $and$ $restoring$ $the$ $original$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ $resolved$ $all$ $my$ $issues$.
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    You need to uninstall all tweaks and restore chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $original$. $I$ $had$ $the$ $same$ $issue$ $and$ $restoring$ $the$ $original$ $chatview$-$assistant$.$js$ $resolved$ $all$ $my$ $issues$.
    How do you restore this file?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    How do you restore this file?
    By following the instructions HERE - How to Restore Individual Pre Stock File
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Thanks to whoever figured out the freezing problem! I deleted the virtual keyboard with Internalz and wa-la!! Now I can load the tweaks without a problem!
  10.    #550  
    v2.51 is out! Please tell me if the fixes worked. Download on first post.

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    - More detailed error reporting app-wide
    - (hopefully) Fixed Nascar/NFL hiding tweaks
    - (hopefully) Fixed iPhone user agent spoof tweak
    - (hopefully) Fixed virtual keyboard-related freezing issue
    so im the only guy getting error 9: no return code found in the stream ??

please tell me how to fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    ill try it out when i finish doctoring my pre
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so im the only guy getting error 9: no return code found in the stream ??

please tell me how to fix
    What are you doing when you get the error? Updating to v2.51 should fix that
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    So ive been reading and reading, i have just uninstalled all my checked tweaks from v2.03, but now im not too sure if i should go ahead with v2.05...I tried to uncheck virtual keyboard from the uninstall options, but it's still there...and i have only simply renamed the usb file from virtual keyboard...what else am i missing? besides needing more ideas on how to safetly uninstall the keyboard...Also the ability to just click one button to change all tweaks etc back to factory for the upcoming upgrade is extremely convenient, but as my Pre is now, it's almost back to stock tweakwise.

Plus...i have Flashlight service and there is no need to uninstall the Preware or Package Manager service etc...right?
    Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: After renaming the virtual keyboard file, i no longer have it...but...im confused why it was still there after uninstalling it first..
    I got mine to work by uninstalling through preware & then going into usb mode and deleting key board folder. no all the tweaks i applied with Webos Quick install 2.5 work.

• Email delete all
    • message view in landscape mode
    • e-mail landscape mode
    • new clock theme
    • battery % icon
    • text message FWD'ng
    • silence phone dialer.

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    so we have to uninstall ( uncheck ) all current tweaks from 2.5 prior to running 2.51?
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    so we have to uninstall ( uncheck ) all current tweaks from 2.5 prior to running 2.51?
    Nope, and you'll probably never have to again. 2.5 was a radical change in patcher system and it won't be changing anytime soon. All future updates you can leave tweaks applied.
    Nope, and you'll probably never have to again. 2.5 was a radical change in patcher system and it won't be changing anytime soon. All future updates you can leave tweaks applied.
    other than untweaking for Palm updates right?
    Hide Nascar is fixed for me. I had been using it from 2.03, while still running the rest of my tweaks from 2.5. I went back into 2.03 and disabled the Hide Nascar, went into 2.51 and it's working great. Thanks for this. It's great.
    Hiding nascar and nfl worked for me. Thanks.
    Jason. You are a GOD.