Page 26 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it can be fixed lol....although you may have to web doctor it ! jason might be able to help you.
    I'm not worried about that. My experience with computers is that pretty much anything can be fixed. I'm not used to working with Linux on this sort of hardware though, having just got the phone (I've mostly worked with different flavors of Linux on x86). Haven't really delved into the resources on accessing the file tree and modifying stuff as root. Also, I have no idea where I can find the original versions of those files.

I.E. I'm not afraid to get down and dirty and hack through this stuff, I just haven't found the path into the woods yet.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    I'm not worried about that. My experience with computers is that pretty much anything can be fixed. I'm not used to working with Linux on this sort of hardware though, having just got the phone (I've mostly worked with different flavors of Linux on x86). Haven't really delved into the resources on accessing the file tree and modifying stuff as root. Also, I have no idea where I can find the original versions of those files.

I.E. I'm not afraid to get down and dirty and hack through this stuff, I just haven't found the path into the woods yet.
    this is where you go to get what you need , click the link you should b happy!!!

Main Page - WebOS Internals
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #503  
    To those with a freezing problem, please do the following ASAP (I'd like to try and get this update out tonight):

1) Plug in Pre in USB mode.

2) There should be a "Virtual-Keyboard" folder. Inside of it is the file "kb_config.json

3) Copy that file to your computer then upload that file to FileBin.ca - The Place for Your Files and post the download link for me.
  4.    #504  
    After doing a Disable/Restore, when running the Cleanup Utility, I get the following errors:

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

same for /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html

then "Cleanup completed with Errors"

How bad have I borked my phone here? Am I going to need to root on my phone and replace these files?
    Try http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html for those files (make sure you have the current version of WebOSDoctor)
    http://filebin.ca/gdrcbe/kb_config.json

i think i got it , but it would not let me upload the whole folder ??!!
    jason , this is the file i removed from my pre to get my keyboard to work although i can not put my own keyborad in there it wont except it for some reason.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    On the tweaks page can you make it so it doesn't restart the luna service or lunasysmgr service everytime a tweak is ran? I would like to save ALOT of time by applying all patches then restarting the service on dialog save. Like maybe the user selects what they want then press the commit button. The commit button then activates the processes of editing all the .jsjsjs $files$ $for$ $the$ $tweaks$ $then$ $when$ $done$ $it$ $restarts$ $the$ $service$.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    After doing a Disable/Restore, when running the Cleanup Utility, I get the following errors:

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

same for /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html

then "Cleanup completed with Errors"

How bad have I borked my phone here? Am I going to need to root on my phone and replace these files?
    See my post #473 to fix the first error. Here are the other two file to fix the other issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/20/2009 at 09:37 PM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

So ive been reading and reading, i have just uninstalled all my checked tweaks from v2.03, but now im not too sure if i should go ahead with v2.05...I tried to uncheck virtual keyboard from the uninstall options, but it's still there...and i have only simply renamed the usb file from virtual keyboard...what else am i missing? besides needing more ideas on how to safetly uninstall the keyboard...Also the ability to just click one button to change all tweaks etc back to factory for the upcoming upgrade is extremely convenient, but as my Pre is now, it's almost back to stock tweakwise.

Plus...i have Flashlight service and there is no need to uninstall the Preware or Package Manager service etc...right?
    Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: After renaming the virtual keyboard file, i nolonger have it...but...im confused why it was still there after uninstalling it first..
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html for those files (make sure you have the current version of WebOSDoctor)
    You know, I just got impatient and started running Doctor.

Don't worry, I have a backup. I subscribed to that thread for future reference though, thanks.
    lol @ stormd

@ holly
    you can delete that virtual keyboard file inside of your pre ,when you install with the new keyboard in 2.5, it will replace that file and there is something in there ,i believe, is what the problem is . you can also hit that button that says disable all before you do anything it wont hurt . then try installing some stuff .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It was freezing on me and then i remembered i had the keyboard and wasnt sure how to get rid of it so i just ran doctor and now it works fine except for nfl nascar and iphone tweaks. And for some reason I only have 5 contacts in my palm profile even though I exchanged my phone once already due to a drop and they all came back then. And yes i know that last part probably has nothing to do with webos QI.
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    It was freezing on me and then i remembered i had the keyboard and wasnt sure how to get rid of it so i just ran doctor and now it works fine except for nfl nascar and iphone tweaks. And for some reason I only have 5 contacts in my palm profile even though I exchanged my phone once already due to a drop and they all came back then. And yes i know that last part probably has nothing to do with webos QI.
    try installing iphone tweak a few times i got it to work finally, reboot pre each time too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I went back and uninstalled 2.03, I ran the new cleanup file. I have removed virtual kybd, I even went into USB mode and deleted the folder.But nothing works. My messaging app won't open any SMS messages (which I found to be an issue when I tried to enable the message forwarding tweak in 2.03). When I open tweaks in 2.5, all I get is the greyed out Please Wait button. None of the tweaks let me check them. The delete all mods button will not work. What can I do to get something working?
    what is the character counter anyways ??? i dont get it...lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    lol @ stormd
    On the bright side, I'll be able to report whether or not Doctoring and running 2.5 is a viable fix for all the problems people are reporting.

Profile restore is almost done...gimme a few more minutes, and I'll let everyone know.

Edit: and looks like everything is fixed. As if there's anything Doctor can't fix

what is the character counter anyways ??? i dont get it...lol
    Counts how many characters you type in an SMS. Most carriers have a 160 character limit per message, then either truncate your message or divide it into multiple texts. Depending on your plan, this can cause issues (Does Sprint have any non-unlimited Texting plans? I don't know, my brain still works in an AT&T world...this also might be an issue for Bell customers up in Canada)
    Last edited by StormD; 09/20/2009 at 10:25 PM.
    kool that works ha ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Yes, you must uninstall all 2.03 mods before updating

Quilt is nice, it's really just a matter of preference which to use.

I should note, my patcher outputs an xml of the current config. So if any on-device developers have need to use if for one reason or another, PM me
    i can get it to work on my phone
    I got the same errors and I never rooted or did anything but use your os install program -- so the clean up didn't work on mine I assume?
  19. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    had problems while running webos 1.2! ran web dr 1.1 then used quick install 2.5 and all tweaks worked an vkeyboard worked fine! wifes phone running webos 1.1 had problems earlier! web dr 1.1 then no problems after!
    can some1 please help me, i cant get it to work 4 me