Page 25 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    How do you do just the indvidual files is it with Web doctor or quickinstall?? And if so what files should i delete the five that were listed above??
    You have to do it through the root shell.

    If you don't know what that is, it would probably be best if you just ran Web Doctor.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    How do you do just the indvidual files is it with Web doctor or quickinstall?? And if so what files should i delete the five that were listed above??
    Rooting not needed, you can fix it with WebOS Quick Install http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html


    EDIT: So is no one having freezing problems? I've gotten no IMs from ppl regarding it
  3. #483  
    Trekker's challenge accepted! Thanks for the hard work, guys! You've definitely made my Pre a lot more enjoyable.
  4. #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post


    EDIT: So is no one having freezing problems? I've gotten no IMs from ppl regarding it

    No freezing problems here...I read like 15 pages to see what people did that worked and did that. the only thing i have you already know about( nascar and nfl icons)

    Great work!
  5.    #485  
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

    It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.


    And I gotta ask again, is no one having freezing issues anymore?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/20/2009 at 11:45 PM.
  6. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #486  
    Mine freezes with everything I've tried.

    Removed all the old tweaks last week.
    Tried it on Vista x64 and Windows XP

    2.03 still works for me, though

    Love the app. I can't wait to get this version working

    Thanks, Jason
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  7. jersey221's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

    It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.


    And I gotta ask again, is no one having freezing issues anymore?
    HELP when i try and enable a tweak it says please wait for ever idk what to do
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look for webos jar.when you double click it,it will download webos quickinstaller and webdoctor. make sure both are in a folder with the install folder that came with them . then double click web os quickinstaller if it does not recognize your pre you need to reinstall novacom . please make sure your pre is in dev mode first too.also did you click on just charge if not then do that too.
    Thousand thanks, man!!! I'm like a little kid with a new toy now! It was the developer mode - I've omitted that one completely! Damn!
    Only one thing left unanswered, which is where I can find the WebOS QI on my computer?
    Cheers
  9. #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Rooting not needed, you can fix it with WebOS Quick Install http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html


    EDIT: So is no one having freezing problems? I've gotten no IMs from ppl regarding it
    i dont have any im's i did send you a pm though lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonne09 View Post
    Thousand thanks, man!!! I'm like a little kid with a new toy now! It was the developer mode - I've omitted that one completely! Damn!
    Only one thing left unanswered, which is where I can find the WebOS QI on my computer?
    Cheers
    most likely in your downloads folder, just make another folder on your desk top and put all three folders in there ,webos quickinstaller ,webos doctor, and install folder then double click on web os qi...... then if i helped you out please hit the thank you button ...thanks very much!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

    It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.
    Jason -- I am a little confused.. FYI that I have not yet uninstalled my 2.03 tweaks, nor have I gone to 2.5...I am waiting for WebOS 1.2 before that. However, based on your comments above, can I just run your utility to undo all my 2.03 tweaks, or should I uncheck each one individually? Does it make a difference?

    And for those on 2.5, why would it matter if we ran this before vs after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button? Just want to make sure that we don't mess anything up!

    Thanks again for all your work! Any guesses as to how long after 1.2 is released that we would have a QuickInstall update to ensure all the patches work? Just curious!
  12. #492  
    You got it, bro! Two hits on the thanks button for ya!
  13. #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonne09 View Post
    You got it, bro! Two hits on the thanks button for ya!
    thanks man ,you got it working good now....lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you uninstall virtual keyboard inside webdoctor then, in usb mode delete virtual keyboard inside of your palm pre it should let you install it .then to change to a different keyboard(there is only one of four choices to choose from ) bring up the key board and on bottom left is a key with a gear symbol hit it and there will be a drop down to choose from.
    Yes I see those options, prior to WEBos QI 2.5 I was able to save a them form Webos Internals to the Theme folder in Media/internals and change the config file to name of the new theme, I was using Glossy Blue theme, now it seems VK doesn't recognize new installed themes. Thanks for the reply though hey with your help i was able to get my VKeyboard back so Thanks a lot for everyone in this forum for their help especially the devs who built and continue to support Webos Quick install
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Yes I see those options, prior to WEBos QI 2.5 I was able to save a them form Webos Internals to the Theme folder in Media/internals and change the config file to name of the new theme, I was using Glossy Blue theme, now it seems VK doesn't recognize new installed themes. Thanks for the reply though hey with your help i was able to get my VKeyboard back so Thanks a lot for everyone in this forum for their help especially the devs who built and continue to support Webos Quick install
    well right now it seems only the preinstalled keyboards are working but im sure there will be a fixx or something, and adding more keyboards too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. St0rmD's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #496  
    After doing a Disable/Restore, when running the Cleanup Utility, I get the following errors:

    ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

    same for /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html

    then "Cleanup completed with Errors"

    How bad have I borked my phone here? Am I going to need to root on my phone and replace these files?
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
  17. #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you forgot to turn off Tweaks from 2.03, attached is a CleanUp utility. Alternatively, if you are using v2.5, you can use this utility after after clicking the "Disable all mods, restore from backup" button (do not use before clicking that button).

    It will not only undo v2.03 tweaks, but it'll also check those files to make sure they're unmodified afterwords. If you get errors they're modified, be sure to follow this how-to to fix that issue, or alternatively whipe your device completely with WebOSDoctor.


    And I gotta ask again, is no one having freezing issues anymore?
    I never had the freezing problem, but I continue to get the Error 9 when I try to install some tweaks.
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well right now it seems only the preinstalled keyboards are working but im sure there will be a fixx or something, and adding more keyboards too.
    Off topic -- Thanks for changing your avatar -- the sumo was creeping me out.
  19. #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    After doing a Disable/Restore, when running the Cleanup Utility, I get the following errors:

    ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

    same for /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html

    then "Cleanup completed with Errors"

    How bad have I borked my phone here? Am I going to need to root on my phone and replace these files?
    it can be fixed lol....although you may have to web doctor it ! jason might be able to help you.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Off topic -- Thanks for changing your avatar -- the sumo was creeping me out.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha now that was funny lol thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions