Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    ok got the tweaks to work but now I can't change the Virtual KB theme..
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    do you have an idea why the character count isnt working or is it just a bug that needs to be ironed out?
    Character count was working for me before I WebOSDoctor'd my phone. Only thing I couldn't get to work was the Virtual Keyboard.
    mdaviso, It is up to you if you are comfortable deleting and copying OS files on your Pre. The other option is to backup your Pre and refresh it with WebOSDoctor and restore your applications before reinstalling Virtual Keyboard and the other patches.

For me it would have been easier to restore my Pre with all of the time I spent figuring out the problem.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    when it may make pre fwd in the palm. but that support music
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thanks again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post

**Changed Keyboard theme to "remix_ice" from "remix_classic".
    How did you do this?

I tried to change my kb board theme, ( it worked prior to WEBos2.5

I saved a Glossy Blue them in the themes folder
    edited the Jr file
    Added a installed them line to include "glossy blue"
    I got the them from On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Below is my edit jr Kb config file, I added an installed them line

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "glossy_blue",
    "installed_themes":
    [
    {"label":"remix ice","value":"remix_ice"},
    {"label":"remix classic","value":"remix_classic"},
    {"label":"glossy blue","value":"glossy_blue"},
    {"label":"remix glossy","value":"remix_glossy"},
    {"label":"lpc dark rounded","value":"LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e"}
    ]
    }

It wouldnt load the KB once i changed the theme to glossy Blue

So How did you change the theme,
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    mdaviso, It is up to you if you are comfortable deleting and copying OS files on your Pre.
    Exactly. I didn't Doctor my phone just because of the Virtual Keyboard. I was also having problems with my car stereo not recognising the phone as a USB drive, do the Doctor was the best option for me. If I didn't have that extra problem, I would have just done the individual files.

It was more time consuming for me to Doctor my phone, but now both my problems are fixed. Now I have to get it back the way I like it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I hereby issue a challenge to all those that use WebOS Quick Install and find that they can't do without it.

While I'm sure Jason appreciates all the thanks and kind words, we can do even more to show our appreciation for all the hard work he does.

THE CHALLENGE:

I encourage everyone to please try and donate something to support continued development of this great software. If everyone in this thread donated just a few dollars, it would go a long way towards supporting Jason's hard work and help to ensure future releases of WebOS Quick Install.

You can click on the Donate button in the first page of this thread, or to make it easier, I've copied the link location and posted it here.

Donate to WebOS Quick Install

For those paranoid folks, that's not a donate button for me, it's Jason's, trust me.

So who is up for the challenge?
    I accept your challenge

Many many thanks to the Dev.
    where can i get v1.1 of web os doctor anybody have a link??

Edit: i found it!!
    Last edited by knightflores; 09/20/2009 at 07:00 PM.
    anyone have a copy of WebOS2.03 they can lend me? I need to uninstall some tweaks and overwrote my copy!
    Quote Originally Posted by samarchibald View Post
    anyone have a copy of WebOS2.03 they can lend me? I need to uninstall some tweaks and overwrote my copy!
    Search this thread, someone posted a link for 2.03.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    For the unmteenth time, 2.03 is in post #26.
    if you uninstall virtual keyboard inside webdoctor then, in usb mode delete virtual keyboard inside of your palm pre it should let you install it .then to change to a different keyboard(there is only one of four choices to choose from ) bring up the key board and on bottom left is a key with a gear symbol hit it and there will be a drop down to choose from.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    this is what i did to get my keyboard to work ,try it out before you web doctor your pre! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have encountered a problem with the WebOS Quick Install - the program cannot detect my Pre (although Vista is recognizing it) and therefore I'm not in a position to install anything at all. Also, where's the program being installed on the computer? There's nowhere to be found! Btw, I have Vista X64.
    look for webos jar.when you double click it,it will download webos quickinstaller and webdoctor. make sure both are in a folder with the install folder that came with them . then double click web os quickinstaller if it does not recognize your pre you need to reinstall novacom . please make sure your pre is in dev mode first too.also did you click on just charge if not then do that too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    If you are having trouble with getting the 4x4 icons to work with 2.5 and are getting the below error follow the below steps. Worked for me.

1) Be sure to uncheck all tweaks in 2.03.
    2) Open 2.5 and go to Tools/Send file
    3)Download the below file and unzip to desired location
    4)Place the file location in the File: section or drag and drop to File: section
    5)The destination folder should be \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\stylesheets
    6)Send to Device
    7) Try applying 4x4 tweak again should work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

willsurg,

Thanks for the advice!

I made sure to follow the instructions: latest Java, move SE 6 to the top, Doctor and QuickInstall in the same folder, use "just charge"...

I then downloaded file coaster, tried to install it, and got the following error messages:

Error1: connection refused
    Error: no device found

I appreciate your willingness to help. If you have any other ideas, let me know.
    Last edited by sartorious; 09/20/2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: responding to willsurg
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Exactly. I didn't Doctor my phone just because of the Virtual Keyboard. I was also having problems with my car stereo not recognising the phone as a USB drive, do the Doctor was the best option for me. If I didn't have that extra problem, I would have just done the individual files.

It was more time consuming for me to Doctor my phone, but now both my problems are fixed. Now I have to get it back the way I like it.
    How do you do just the indvidual files is it with Web doctor or quickinstall?? And if so what files should i delete the five that were listed above??
    Quote Originally Posted by sartorious View Post
    willsurg,

Thanks for the advice!

I made sure to follow the instructions: latest Java, move SE 6 to the top, Doctor and QuickInstall in the same folder, use "just charge"...

I then downloaded file coaster, tried to install it, and got the following error messages:

Error1: connection refused
    Error: no device found

I appreciate your willingness to help. If you have any other ideas, let me know.
    Did you turn on Developer Mode?