Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    What is the preferred way to remove old Tweaks?

I went to webos quick install version 2.03 unchecked my installed tweaks, reset the phone..

Then I closed webos Quick install 2.03
    opened 2.5 and attempted to install tweaks in just freezes..

What should I do to get this to work
    '
    How inappropriate was that? Anyway, has anyone tried to "Choose Avatar"? I have and am getting an error:
    Code:
    ERROR: Unable to process patch to
    /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

$difflib$.$PatchFailedException$: $Incorrect$ $Chunk$: $the$ $chunk$ $content$ $doesn$'$t$ $match$ $the$ $target$
    Any ideas? I was able to apply other Messaging tweaks.
    @Addie
    (What is the preferred way to remove old Tweaks?

I went to webos quick install version 2.03 unchecked my installed tweaks, reset the phone..

Then I closed webos Quick install 2.03
    opened 2.5 and attempted to install tweaks in just freezes..

What should I do to get this to work)

try going into 2.5 and hit the uninstall all button then go into webos quickinstall device manager and uninstall keyboard and go into the pre in usb mode if you ever used virtual keyboard and delete keyboard folder. those are the things i did and i have most of the tweaks working!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    your welcome lol what did you have to do ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Do i need to leave develop mode turned on to use the these tweeks??
    No, you can turn off dev mode after you finish the install.
    Okay all of you dopes (me included) that did not follow the directions and uninstall Virtual Keyboard before updating to 0.2.2, here is what you need to do to reinstall it properly.

This fix should only be attempted by someone comfortable with a rooted Pre and Linux. I am not going to put in the exact commands because you should know what you are doing if you attempt this procedure.

1. Uninstall Virtual Keyboard either through WebOS Quick Install or Preware and let the phone reboot.
    2. Copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$.$bak$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/ $so$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $backup$ $copy$.
    3. Copy the file palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $checksum$ $is$ $0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e$.
    4. Remove any copy of
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
      ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
      in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    5. Reinstall Virtual Keyboard.

This is the method that I used to get back my virtual keyboard. You can now use WebOS Quick Install to change the themes and sounds once you include additional files in /media/internal/virtual-keyboard.

Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by stephone View Post
    very nice but for some reason two of the tweaks is not working for me, the hide nascar & nfl tweak if anybody can help me out or tell me what im doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it thank you
    I guess you haven't read any of the posts in this thread? It's a known issue....sit tight, Jason is working on a fix.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is anyone getting the following error?

Failed to open MSI Database:
    (path)\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    I'm loving this, added a couple features that I was looking for like the message forwarding and all of that. Now just need the video camera.... And that button to take over the world, know you'll figure it out.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    no tweak gets applied, the program just freezes and nothing happens to the phone. 1.1
    Tried it on Vista Business x64 and Vista Home Premium x86. Freezing on both. 1.1 on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I guess you haven't read any of the posts in this thread? It's a known issue....sit tight, Jason is working on a fix.
    Exactly... it absolutely blows my mind how often people don't even look at the previous COUPLE posts (let alone the previous couple pages).
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I am looking forward to this new version of Quick Install, but I think I will wait until it stabilizes a bit.

Thank you Jason for your hard work!
  13.    #453  
    Can someone with the freezing issue (and the current version of virtual keyboard installed) message me on IM ASAP:

GTalk: robitaille88 at gmail
    MSN: robitaille88 at gmail
    AIM: robitaille88 at gmail
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/20/2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: try not to post your email on this site
    try going into 2.5 and uninstalling all then if you ever had virtual keyboard uninstall it from preware or webos quickinstaller, then go inot your pre in usb mode and delete or remove keyboard folder . then go back after reboot and try installing tweaks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i still cannot install the 4x4 icons or the downloading in web browser... it tells me incorrect chunk, but i have already replaced the files with the originals... and it still gives me the error incorrect chunk. is there anything else i can do ???
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    How inappropriate was that? Anyway, has anyone tried to "Choose Avatar"? I have and am getting an error:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

$difflib$.$PatchFailedException$: $Incorrect$ $Chunk$: $the$ $chunk$ $content$ $doesn$'$t$ $match$ $the$ $target$
    Any ideas? I was able to apply other Messaging tweaks.
    I am also getting the following error trying to enable the "Character Count":

Code:
    /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

diflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target
    I was able to enable:
    4x4 icons
    Email in Landscape
    Call Duration
    Read-all/Delete-all
    Message forwarding
    Show timestamp
    Messaging in Landscape
    **Changed Keyboard theme to "remix_ice" from "remix_classic".

I got errors on:
    Choose Avatar
    Character Counter

I didn't try any other tweaks.

I installed the "Original Blue Theme" by loading the zip file. It only partially installed. It said it installed correctly, but the launcher icons didn't change, the dialer background didn't change, etc. The Battery indicator did though. This same theme installs just fine through Preware.
    The current tweak bugs notwithstanding, this app's tweaks are some of the most functional improvements to my Pre, most notably the SMS forwarding and character count. Jason, you ARE the man!!

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    i still cannot install the 4x4 icons or the downloading in web browser... it tells me incorrect chunk, but i have already replaced the files with the originals... and it still gives me the error incorrect chunk. is there anything else i can do ???
    Make sure WebOS Doctor was for v1.1 when you extracted the original files
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure WebOS Doctor was for v1.1 when you extracted the original files
    do you have an idea why the character count isnt working or is it just a bug that needs to be ironed out?
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Okay all of you dopes (me included) that did not follow the directions and uninstall Virtual Keyboard before updating to 0.2.2, here is what you need to do to reinstall it properly.

This fix should only be attempted by someone comfortable with a rooted Pre and Linux. I am not going to put in the exact commands because you should know what you are doing if you attempt this procedure.

1. Uninstall Virtual Keyboard either through WebOS Quick Install or Preware and let the phone reboot.
    2. Copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$.$bak$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/ $so$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $backup$ $copy$.
    3. Copy the file palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $checksum$ $is$ $0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e$.
    4. Remove any copy of
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
      ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
      ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
      ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
      in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    5. Reinstall Virtual Keyboard.

This is the method that I used to get back my virtual keyboard. You can now use WebOS Quick Install to change the themes and sounds once you include additional files in /media/internal/virtual-keyboard.

Good Luck
    Have the same problem, is there any way that this can be done by an amateur?? Really want the keyboard back. Or do I need to run Webos doctor which I have never had to do, don't want to lose information if possible....