Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8hifi View Post
    I tried to restore the phone with OSDoctor... did that successfully, but, the NFL and NASCAR still wont disappear with v2.5... here's to hoping a fix is in the works.
    But you were able to do the other tweaks without the freezing issue?
    ok im new to the pre and this down load. but i get everything downloaded and installed but it says i have no device attached any ideas. i have the 2.03 version
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    But you were able to do the other tweaks without the freezing issue?
    Have you ever installed the virtual keyboard?

If yes: Uninstall it and delete the associated folder in the USB partition. That is what was causing my freezing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
    ok im new to the pre and this down load. but i get everything downloaded and installed but it says i have no device attached any ideas. i have the 2.03 version
    Make sure you select "charge only" after you plug your phone in. Do not select "Sync" or "USB".
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yes, you must uninstall all 2.03 mods before updating
    I missed this, and screwed some stuff up, and also overwrote the previous version of my .jar file. I went back to check the old thread, but it looks like the attachment was removed. Does anyone have the old version sitting around that they could send me so I can undo what I have done to my Pre?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Im not having freeze issues, but I can NOT install the keyboard. I also get package read issues when trying to download the list of packages. They come eventually, but not the first try
    This is simply an incredible piece of work. I donated today, all of you should do the same. Thanks for all the great work buddy!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Steve
    The problem with installing the virtual keyboard using either method is that md5sum fails on /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs. $I$ $disabled$ $all$ $patches$ $using$ $Jason$'$s$ $spiffy$ $new$ $button$, $but$ $it$ $did$ $not$ $bring$ $back$ $the$ $checksum$ $back$ $to$
    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e from 4996d636d6c59d53c39b62fc279b16d1. I'll have to investigate further to see what has changed in this file from the original WebOS v1.1 version. Perhaps a previous version of virtual keyboard modified this file and it didn't get restored properly when I removed the latest version of the patch.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Thanks for this.

What I was experiencing was that I couldn't manipulate any of the tweaks I had enabled in the previous version under the new version. After going back and disabling them in the old version and then re-running the new version, I am now able to re-enable Battery % in top Header, Stylish Analog Clock, Email working in Landscape, Show Duration in Call Log, but cannot re-enable Change Launcher Opacity, 4x4 icons in Launcher page, or Hide Nascar/NFL.

Weird.

Edit: Oh crap, and now my Launcher doesn't work.

Woops! Guess I'm Doctoring LOL!

(Good thing I did this on Sunday)
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    Thanks for this.

What I was experiencing was that I couldn't manipulate any of the tweaks I had enabled in the previous version under the new version. After going back and disabling them in the old version and then re-running the new version, I am now able to re-enable Battery % in top Header, Stylish Analog Clock, Email working in Landscape, Show Duration in Call Log, but cannot re-enable Change Launcher Opacity, 4x4 icons in Launcher page, or Hide Nascar/NFL.

Weird.

Edit: Oh crap, and now my Launcher doesn't work.

Woops! Guess I'm Doctoring LOL!

(Good thing I did this on Sunday)
    Yes, weird indeed. We need to just let Jason hve the time he needs to review the problems and update his update.
    Steve
    Can any body help me i get this message when i try to install the tweaks and yes i have uninstalled the key board (no return code found in stream:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controller/chatview-assisant.jsjsjs) $ps$ $and$ $then$ $my$ $phone$ $reboots$ $but$ $no$ $tweak$ $installs$ ...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yes, weird indeed. We need to just let Jason hve the time he needs to review the problems and update his update.
    Well, yeah, but we also gotta report the problems so he can review them.

Also, I got it fixed with a Disable/Restore. Reapplying tweaks now and things seem to be working, although most of the same ones that weren't applying still aren't applying.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
    You must enable "Dev Mode" first. To do this.... on you Pre just start typing the following phrase...
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

Then hit enter and activate "Dev Mod"

When you're done using WebOSQuickInstall, make sure you Deactivate Dev Mode for added security.

In the future, make it easier on yourself and dowload the Automatic Dev Mode launcher...

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...vmode-launcher
    We need to just let Jason have the time he needs to review the problems and update his update.
    +1

I mean come on people we've got over 4 pages of errors/problems posted and people are still trying to make v2.5 work. Just rollback to v2.03 and wait for Jason to give us another update
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    +1

I mean come on people we've got over 4 pages of errors/problems posted and people are still trying to make v2.5 work. Just rollback to v2.03 and wait for Jason to give us another update
    +2
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

you dont have to use wbosdoctor if you install a theme ur launcher will come back... that what i did
    Thanks!!!
    Much appreciation for the update!
  20.    #420  
    O.o This'll teach me not to sleep in, lol, 15 pages since I was last here, lol.

I can confirm iphone auser agent spoof, nascar, and nfl, are all bugged. I believe my keyboard config part is also bugged which is why the screen is freezing for those of you who have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    The problem with installing the virtual keyboard using either method is that md5sum fails on /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs.
    Just a note, none of my files affect /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    In the future, make it easier on yourself and dowload the Automatic Dev Mode launcher..
    Or you could go into File->Options and un-hide devmode from there

An update fix is in the works as we speak, by the way