Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Guess i'll stick with the old version. Nice work by the author but i'm having too many problems with freezing. I've tried everything but the refused connections errors are driving me nuts. Thx anyways and good luck. Your hard work is VERY APPRECIATED!!!
    thanks much i was lost lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I was using WebOS QI to install it, but I just discovered something that might be able to help others:

Like others, after installing the VK through webOS QI (at least trying to), I was getting an "err 1" message during the install...needless to say, the VK package didn't show up under "Available Packages" on the Pre. HOWEVER, I checked under "Installed Packages" in Preware, and even though I had uninstalled VK, there it was! And the latest version, to boot (though it wasn't working, of course)! So I selected the VK package, hit the "Remove" button, and went back to the Preware menu; there was a "1" under "Available Packages" now, and sure enough, it was the virtual keyboard! I selected it, went through the install routine, and all is well with the world again
    I get a "Patch: Error Installing [4]" notification when I try to reinstall the VK through Preware, even after removing all tweaks installed using 2.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I get a "Patch: Error Installing [4]" notification when I try to reinstall the VK through Preware, even after removing all tweaks installed using 2.5.
    There was a package manager update in Preware earlier...not sure if that makes any difference or not but you may want to see if you have the latest version.

Also, keep an eye on the Preware thread...looks like they are trying to figure out what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrippy View Post
    +2

I am super happy that there are developers like Jason. I am poor, which means I have kids and never seem to have much money. The Pre is my Toy, and I love it. Developers on this site are amazing, and since this is a homebrew site, I expect there to be kinks, and when I can, I try to help with my observations on a specific app or tweak. I feel that is my responsibility when I get a free app. I do donate, but there is no way I could donate as much as I would like.

HOMEBREW = DEVELOPMENT = sometimes there will be problems

Jason and the other developers for the time and effort you all put in, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. No prob with kinks. I will deal with them, and if I can help you iron them out. I WILL, I promise.
    +1
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ok, i removed all of the tweaks in 2.03. phone is in just charge mode. I then download quickinstall 2.5, put it in the same folder as webosdoctor, like before, then launched 2.5 and go into tweaks. as soon as i check a box, at the bottom of the window, most boxes get grayed out, and where it says "close", just say "please wait" then nothing happens. and the pre does not reboot like it did previously.

i then moved all of my old files to another folder, and started over, with quickosinstall, launched that app, and redownloaded webosdoctor and launch the app, but same thing. does anybody have any idea why this is happening? any help would be appreciated.

ps. ok, hmmmm, after posting this, I changed the phone setting to usb drive instead of just charge, and the tweaks are now installing. weird! cause I thought we pretty much leave it in just charge to apply the tweaks. any other ideas guys and gals?
    Last edited by woody88; 09/20/2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    There was a package manager update in Preware earlier...not sure if that makes any difference or not but you may want to see if you have the latest version.
    Yeah. I already installed the update.

Funny thing. Don't know if it means anything, but after I get the patch error I check my installed packages, and the VK is there, it just doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Funny thing. Don't know if it means anything, but after I get the patch error I check my installed packages, and the VK is there, it just doesn't work.
    Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing? Or does it completely uninstall properly? Sorry if you already mentioned it, it's hard to keep up with all the posts.
    After downloading the keyboard themes I loaded the pre in usbmode. i dragged and dropped the theme file to the folder "themes" under the virtual keyboard folder. I went back into quick install and under "other" in keyboard themes I typed the name of the theme. It loaded up, but it wasn't functional at all and didn't work. I did it right, but is this a bug??
    "The Pre is nice..."
    How are you trying to re-install VK? Some people have reported they got it to work by installing via WebOS Quick Install as opposed to using Preware.
    I have tried to install it with Preware and WebOS Quick Install. I get an error either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    After downloading the keyboard themes I loaded the pre in usbmode. i dragged and dropped the theme file to the folder "themes" under the virtual keyboard folder. I went back into quick install and under "other" in keyboard themes I typed the name of the theme. It loaded up, but it wasn't functional at all and didn't work. I did it right, but is this a bug??
    Did you try restarting the Pre afterwards?
    Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing?
    Many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I was using WebOS QI to install it, but I just discovered something that might be able to help others:

Like others, after installing the VK through webOS QI (at least trying to), I was getting an "err 1" message during the install...needless to say, the VK package didn't show up under "Available Packages" on the Pre. HOWEVER, I checked under "Installed Packages" in Preware, and even though I had uninstalled VK, there it was! And the latest version, to boot (though it wasn't working, of course)! So I selected the VK package, hit the "Remove" button, and went back to the Preware menu; there was a "1" under "Available Packages" now, and sure enough, it was the virtual keyboard! I selected it, went through the install routine, and all is well with the world again
    I have done this too. But even though I uninstall it and reinstall it, it does not work. I go into a text field and double tap the gesture area and not keyboard comes up.
    Did you try restarting the Pre afterwards?
    I did. It didn't recognize it in usb mode again for like 2 minutes. I tried the keyboard, but it was the same. Unfunctional, so I erased it. I'm trying another now. I'll try to completely shut it down instead of a soft reset...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I can't the get landscape email tweak to work in quickinstaller 2.5. All I get is an error 9.
    i need help with fixing my messaging app. after uninstalling and reinstalling tweaks, it lead me too a blank messaging app. anyone know how i can get this to work again and i currently have no tweaks set right now just FYI

Also, keep an eye on the Preware thread...looks like they are trying to figure out what's going on.
    I have also tried to uninstalled virtual keyboard through preware then package manager and Preware through WebOSQuickInstall. Reinstall latest package manager, preware in WebOS Quick Install and reinstall virtual keyboard through Preware again. No luck.
    Has anybody just used the osdoctor and wiped everything out and then installed 2.5 and everything worked? I'll do that -- just want to know if anybody has had success doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Has anybody just used the osdoctor and wiped everything out and then installed 2.5 and everything worked? I'll do that -- just want to know if anybody has had success doing it.
    IMHO, there are issues with 2.5. I would stick with 2.03 until they are worked out. I am considering using OSDoctor to get away from the problems associated with 2.5.
    Last edited by Pioneer; 09/20/2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I tried to restore the phone with OSDoctor... did that successfully, but, the NFL and NASCAR still wont disappear with v2.5... here's to hoping a fix is in the works.