Page 19 of 130 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    This may not be the right place, but I did search.

When we get the new palm OS, I know we are supposed to un-do tweeks before we apply it..

What happends to the add / delete page tweek? If I un-do it will all my apps be tossed into other pages? OR do I lose that page with it's apps on it??

I am not brave enuf to try it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Waiting wouldn't hurt, but a lot of us were too excited last night to wait.
    True...plus the fact that WebOS 1.2 will be out later this week, probably with some of the tweaks already incorporated. So for those having problems, may as well wait.

I'm sure Jason will have a new WebOS Quick Install version that's WebOS 1.2 compatible shortly afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    When we get the new palm OS, I know we are supposed to un-do tweeks before we apply it..

What happends to the add / delete page tweek? If I un-do it will all my apps be tossed into other pages? OR do I lose that page with it's apps on it??
    What I do is drag all my apps back to 3 pages and then delete the extra launcher page(s) that I created...and then undo the tweak. Some say it isn't necessary but it's really not that much of an effort. Better safe than sorry.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hope this 1 works better than the last 1......the last 1 didn't work!!!!
    I'm getting errors 21, 15, 5, 3 when trying to disable tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    True...plus the fact that WebOS 1.2 will be out later this week, probably with some of the tweaks already incorporated. So for those having problems, may as well wait.

I'm sure Jason will have a new WebOS Quick Install version that's WebOS 1.2 compatible shortly afterwards.
    I hope he has another version before that --- cuz this one isn't working right yet.
    I too saw the freeze after installing version 2.5. My problem is that I did not clean up EVERY patch even the ones I did manually. Make sure you remove every patch even those installed by Preware or by hand. Once I removed the virtual keyboard and its directory, dial backgrounds and my hand done tweaks, I was able to apply tweaks using 2.5 without any problems.

We actually owe Jason some thanks because there may have been many of us that bricked our phones when upgrading to WebOS 1.2 next Thursday. I didn't think that leaving on my themes and a couple of JPEGs plus the virtual-keyboard directory would have caused any problems. Perhaps these changes would not have made any difference in the upgrade, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks again Jason for your excellent work on WebOS Quick Install.
    How are you trying to re-install VK? Some people have reported they got it to work by installing via WebOS Quick Install as opposed to using Preware.
    I cannot get it to install by either method. Both give an error.

I uninstalled all of the tweaks installed using 2.5. I am seriously thinking of using WebOSDoctor and going back to just using 2.03.
    Everytime I try and use the Launcher Opacity tweak I get the chunk error. Also installing the VK gets a error1. I uninstalled all tweaks in 2.03 before using the 2.5, and deleted the keyboard folder in USB mode.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    I'm getting errors 21, 15, 5, 3 when trying to disable tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I cannot get it to install by either method. Both give an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Everytime I try and use the Launcher Opacity tweak I get the chunk error. Also installing the VK gets a error1
    See Jason's post #80 in this thread and see if that helps. He gives a link that shows you how to restore individual files from WebOS Doctor.
    I need to know how do I change my keyboards theme from Quick Install?? Not the themes already in the app, but adding other themes. I have several downloaded, but don't know how to add them...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    See Jason's post #80 in this thread and see if that helps. He gives a link that shows you how to restore individual files from WebOS Doctor.
    I looked into your suggestion, and I have no idea what stock file I would have to replace to allow the virtual keyboard to be installed.
    i have quick install and webos doc how do i get new quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    I need to know how do I change my keyboards theme from Quick Install?? Not the themes already in the app, but adding other themes. I have several downloaded, but don't know how to add them...
    Using the same link that I posted that had themes, if you scroll up there are instructions for adding them....or click here.

I haven't installed the virtual keyboard myself so I'm not familiar with the process. Maybe someone who has done it can explain it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboy View Post
    i have quick install and webos doc how do i get new quick install?
    Have you tried looking at the first post in this thread? It's at the very bottom under "attached files."
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out why the Nascar and NFL tweaks aren't working?
    How are you trying to re-install VK? Some people have reported they got it to work by installing via WebOS Quick Install as opposed to using Preware.
    I was using WebOS QI to install it, but I just discovered something that might be able to help others:

Like others, after installing the VK through webOS QI (at least trying to), I was getting an "err 1" message during the install...needless to say, the VK package didn't show up under "Available Packages" on the Pre. HOWEVER, I checked under "Installed Packages" in Preware, and even though I had uninstalled VK, there it was! And the latest version, to boot (though it wasn't working, of course)! So I selected the VK package, hit the "Remove" button, and went back to the Preware menu; there was a "1" under "Available Packages" now, and sure enough, it was the virtual keyboard! I selected it, went through the install routine, and all is well with the world again
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    Has anyone figured out why the Nascar and NFL tweaks aren't working?
    bug...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

yes your correct i did this last night!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    im having trouble with that too
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!