Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    HA! Fixed it! I noticed earlier as I was playing around with themes on Preware as well, that there was a new Packager Manager Service and so I downloaded it. (I had previously installed the new Batman theme via Preware before I got stuck with the Matrix theme via WebOSQuickInstall - uninstalling Batman first of course.) I just now noticed when I went back in to Preware that the themes jumped from 49 to 67. Going into the themes I found the precentral.net themes are now added into this list. So I reinstalled The Matrix theme from the precentral.net package and then uninstalled it, and what do you know - I managed to get it removed! Now the Themer will now open again in WebOSQuickInstall again.

Oh and btw, the theming supported through Preware works perfectly - no errors!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Trying to run 2.03 to uninstall my old patches so i can upgrade, but when I try to do anything I get

Handled Exception Cmd: file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/patchlist
    java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

In the console window. I'm going to try it on another computer, which is a windows machine. The one I'm using now is Ubuntu. I've used 2.03 on both before, but I've since deleted it on the Ubuntu machine (the one giving me the error) and reinstalled to do this upgrade.
    Also having issues on the Windows machine now, which worked great the last time. Is it possible something I've installed on the phone would cause this? I can't imagine anything except some homebrew and the tweaks from this software. I've uninstalled the virtual keyboard, too.

On the windows vista machine, I get the device not found errors. Dev mode is on of course, etc. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Jason,
    I want you to know that even though I've had my share of problems with version 2.5, as seen in my previous posts, as with others, that I think that you are doing a GREAT job with WebOSQuickInstall! And I've appreciated not having to root my Pre in order to get some great apps, tweaks, etc on my phone. And if you have not already gotten a Pre for yourself, then we should certainly get you one! Thank you so much for your time and effort on this project!
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    after checking the box of any a tweek, some of the other tweeks are greyed and it takes a long time in "please wait" processing mode. is this normal?
    No, but it's a known issue. Do you (or did you) have the Virtual Keyboard patch installed on your Pre? Uninstall the VK patch and then hook up your Pre using USB mode and deleting or renaming the VK directory.

Once that is done, switch back to "just charging" and you should be able to install tweaks. Some aren't working (like hide Nascar and NFL app) but most others are.

You could try re-installing the Virtual Keyboard patch afterwards...I've read at least one person got it to work while others could not.
    I noticed there is an option to upload and use other virtual keyboard themes in Quick Install. Anyone know where to get some extra keyboard themes??
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    I noticed there is an option to upload and use other virtual keyboard themes in Quick Install. Anyone know where to get some extra keyboard themes??
    Here is a list of themes.
    So i'm trying to install the keyboard and just get the err1. So that doesn't install, then almost all the tweaks do nothing. I get errors on all, I even disabled all tweaks from 2.03 before ever updating to 2.5. I dunno what the issues are... Just getting error after error.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    how come when i try to add the 2sslow_blue theme for the keyboard....it doesnt work?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    So i'm trying to install the keyboard and just get the err1. So that doesn't install, then almost all the tweaks do nothing. I get errors on all, I even disabled all tweaks from 2.03 before ever updating to 2.5. I dunno what the issues are... Just getting error after error.
    i guess ur having bad luck bro....all work except hiding nfl and nascar and the iphone spoof
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I need the old one. Deleted it by mistake. Where can i find it
    Well, in windows I'm still getting the device not found errors and in linux I'm still getting the broken pipe errors and all checkboxes being off even though I have almost all of the tweaks. However, clicking the checkboxes still seems to install tweaks in 2.3, and unchecking them still seems to uninstall the tweaks, so I'm just going to go ahead and uninstall them all like that and see how 2.5 works afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    It's been posted several times in this thread....or you can still get it from Jason's homepage here...for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    Post #26.
    Am I noticing this correctly, that all of the errors/problems mentioned on the last 2 pages of this thread have the common element of people having the virtual keyboard?

I mean... if I never have and never will install the virtual keyboard, then all of the other errors currently experienced by users in v2.5 are likely not going to happen to me?

I'm not going to try WebOSQuickInstall v2.5 until I get clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Am I noticing this correctly, that all of the errors/problems mentioned on the last 2 pages of this thread have the common element of people having the virtual keyboard?
    That seems to be the case, at least for a lot of users.

I mean... if I never have and never will install the virtual keyboard, then all of the other errors currently experienced by users in v2.5 are likely not going to happen to me?
    That's probably a true statement or at least partially true. I never installed the virtual keyboard and have no issues, except for the few tweaks that aren't working, like hiding the Nascar and NFL app.

The only way you are going to know is if you try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, but it's a known issue. Do you (or did you) have the Virtual Keyboard patch installed on your Pre? Uninstall the VK patch and then hook up your Pre using USB mode and deleting or renaming the VK directory.

Once that is done, switch back to "just charging" and you should be able to install tweaks. Some aren't working (like hide Nascar and NFL app) but most others are.

You could try re-installing the Virtual Keyboard patch afterwards...I've read at least one person got it to work while others could not.
    Same boat here. I had uninstalled the VK; then I updated Preware, WebOS QI, and the pkg manager. When I try to reload the VK now, though, I keep getting an error, even after following your suggestions.

I'm not going to try WebOSQuickInstall v2.5 until I get clarity.
    The virtual keyboard certainly seems to be one problem, but it is not the only problem. Several of us are getting an "Error 9" when we try to install certain tweaks.

Waiting wouldn't hurt, but a lot of us were too excited last night to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Same boat here. I had uninstalled the VK; then I updated Preware, WebOS QI, and the pkg manager. When I try to reload the VK now, though, I keep getting an error, even after following your suggestions.
    How are you trying to re-install VK? Some people have reported they got it to work by installing via WebOS Quick Install as opposed to using Preware.
    I never had VK installed so that isn't the source of my problems. Many of the tweaks are just not working.
    I cant delete my old tweaks!