Page 17 of 130 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I loaded it and when I try to add tweaks, it just keeps saying "please wait"..
    I receive this error on v2.5 when applying patches. BTW I am running 1.2 beta and have Quick Install using the 1.2 image...so maybe thats the issue with the new level of file security?

ERROR: Unable to process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm/app/phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs

This is for Roam Only patch, but the error is the same with only the file path changing to match the patch being applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackacidevil View Post
    Yes, gave that a shot, still no luck unfortunately. I had to del the virtual-keyboard directory to get around the freezing issue reported earlier. Since then, I haven't been able to install VK, I get errors with both preware and Quick install. I guess I'll just hold off until perhaps more info becomes available on the recent update and any other possible issues
    yea that's probably a good idea. for the time being though... you should also delete everything in the "virtual-keyboard" folder as well. just plug your pre into the computer under USB Disk mode to access that folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by shariteau View Post
    I receive this error on v2.5 when applying patches. BTW I am running 1.2 beta and have Quick Install using the 1.2 image...so maybe thats the issue with the new level of file security?
    Jason has already mentioned that WebOS Quick Install 2.5 is not compatible with WebOS 1.2 in post #80 of this thread.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't read the thread fully...just saw v2.5 and ran it. Back on v2.03 now. Donated a few days ago. Great tool and I am sure once public, QuickInstall will be made v1.2 compatible with haste.
    /.
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    I loaded it and when I try to add tweaks, it just keeps saying "please wait"..
    remove virtual keyboard. then plug in the pre via usb mode and delete the virtual keyboard folder. then switch to just charge and try the tweaks. should work. then you can reinstall the keyboard
    Appears to be connected. I uninstalled the 2.03 tweaks. Reinstalled using v2.5. My phone went into "Phone Offline" mode and would not come back. Tried going in and out of airplane mode. Tried rebooting the phone. No dice. WebDoctoring now back to default.

Could this be connected to QuickInstall? That's the only thing I've done this morning. Hmmm.....
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I downloaded 2.5 on my computer and overwrote the 2.03 file without removing the previous tweaks.
    Where can I can 2.03 version jar file so that I can remove the old tweaks?

Can someone please provide a link?

TIA.
    To avoid this and to archive the previous WIQ jar file , I promptly rename each new jar file with a version number in the file name. That way you can't overwrite and you know immediately what version you are launching.
    Last edited by liv2surf; 09/20/2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    To avoid this bonehead move and to archive the previous WIQ jar file, I promptly rename each new jar file with a version number in the file name. That way you can't overwrite and you know immediately what version you are launching.
    Perhaps Jason should use the version number in his file name to save us from ourselves?
    Steve
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks. I had to reinstall the Novacom drivers under Windows 7 x64, and so far, it's working nicely.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ease z View Post
    ok so i need some help... at first the tweaks were just frezzing and i could not turn any of them on...then i went bakc to 2.03 activated one and deactivated it... opened 2.05 again and the tweaks started workin... except that most of them say error 9 no return code from what ever path the tweak was going to change... this happenes with all the tweaks except the add and remove pages... 4x4 and call log times...also i applied a theme using the themer and now when i try to open the themer to change it it says the same error 9 no return code... and them it says failed to read xml??? can anyone help me with this... and yes i have tried everything in the first 13 pages... except webos doctor
    @ease z: I've been having this same problem too. The way I've found to fix this problem is to go back into the tweaks and uncheck the battery % tweak and then recheck it again after the ui resets. After it resets again then open the Themer again and it will open. Attached are the error messages below.

Anyone test out the themes in the theme gallery with this.. any problems? thoughts?

@madolen: Yes as a matter of fact. I get an error message when installing one of your themes (not blaming you though) asking about overwriting a previous tweak made with the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $I$ $confirm$ $to$ $overwrite$ $it$ $and$ $then$ $there$ $is$ $another$ $error$ $message$ $afterwards$ $that$ $I$ $cannot$ $remember$ $now$ $and$ $the$ $ui$ $restarts$ $on$ $my$ $phone$. $Then$ $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $open$ $the$ $Themer$ $again$ $I$ $get$ $the$ $following$ $messages$. $I$ $tried$ $the$ $above$ $fix$ $I$ $gave$ $to$ $ease$ $z$, $but$ $now$ $that$ $is$ $no$ $longer$ $working$ $and$ $now$ $I$ $am$ $stuck$ $with$ $a$ $theme$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $rid$ $of$. $I$ $have$ $tried$ $the$ $Matrix$ $theme$, $and$ $the$ $Yoda$ $theme$ $with$ $this$ $same$ $result$.

Can anyone help out with this problem? I'm thinking I'm going to have to run WebOSDoctor to fix this, but rather not if someone has any other ideas...

Errors:
    #1: ERROR 9: No return code found in stream from file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml
    #2: ERROR: Unable to read xml file. missing end tag near line 422, column 80

FYI- I have had the same problems as everyone else here on this forum: Removed all tweaks and Virtual Keyboard a week ago and then couldn't get any tweak to work on 2.5. Deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder and then could install most of the tweaks. Hiding Nascar & NFL don't work. Spoof iPhone did give me an error, but seems to be working, but haven't tried the Avatar mod. I started seeing the phone keep going offline after installing the themes, but now that I've rebooted it seems to be online so far... Now I've disabled all the tweaks and I still can't get the Themer to open...
    Last edited by DragonFyre; 09/20/2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Trying to run 2.03 to uninstall my old patches so i can upgrade, but when I try to do anything I get

Handled Exception Cmd: file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/patchlist
    java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

In the console window. I'm going to try it on another computer, which is a windows machine. The one I'm using now is Ubuntu. I've used 2.03 on both before, but I've since deleted it on the Ubuntu machine (the one giving me the error) and reinstalled to do this upgrade.
    I've gotten a few questions regarding installing themes from PreThemer. As far as I know, the ipk version still works fine, but the .zip downloads don't include the .xml file.

The site is all ready to support uploading themes made with theme builder (including the theme.xml file) as well as including the theme.xml file in downloads, but Jason has yet to defined a final spec and contact me with that information. I guess he got carried away with the theme gallery support and forgot about those that busted their asses from the beginning to support his app.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Jason has yet to defined a final spec and contact me with that information. I guess he got carried away with the theme gallery support and forgot about those that busted their asses from the beginning to support his app.
    Here's some friendly advice....lose the attitude if you want anyone to take you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Here's some friendly advice....lose the attitude if you want anyone to take you seriously.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Fair point, however that wasn't directed at anyone in the thread, and it was posted with a lil tonguw in cheek. WOQI is a fine app, there's no need to get excitable, and I'll leave it at that.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFyre View Post
    @ease z: I've been having this same problem too. The way I've found to fix this problem is to go back into the tweaks and uncheck the battery % tweak and then recheck it again after the ui resets. After it resets again then open the Themer again and it will open. Attached are the error messages below.

Anyone test out the themes in the theme gallery with this.. any problems? thoughts?

@madolen: Yes as a matter of fact. I get an error message when installing one of your themes (not blaming you though) asking about overwriting a previous tweak made with the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $I$ $confirm$ $to$ $overwrite$ $it$ $and$ $then$ $there$ $is$ $another$ $error$ $message$ $afterwards$ $that$ $I$ $cannot$ $remember$ $now$ $and$ $the$ $ui$ $restarts$ $on$ $my$ $phone$. $Then$ $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $open$ $the$ $Themer$ $again$ $I$ $get$ $the$ $following$ $messages$. $I$ $tried$ $the$ $above$ $fix$ $I$ $gave$ $to$ $ease$ $z$, $but$ $now$ $that$ $is$ $no$ $longer$ $working$ $and$ $now$ $I$ $am$ $stuck$ $with$ $a$ $theme$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $rid$ $of$. $I$ $have$ $tried$ $the$ $Matrix$ $theme$, $and$ $the$ $Yoda$ $theme$ $with$ $this$ $same$ $result$.

Can anyone help out with this problem? I'm thinking I'm going to have to run WebOSDoctor to fix this, but rather not if someone has any other ideas...

Errors:
    #1: ERROR 9: No return code found in stream from file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml
    #2: ERROR: Unable to read xml file. missing end tag near line 422, column 80

FYI- I have had the same problems as everyone else here on this forum: Removed all tweaks and Virtual Keyboard a week ago and then couldn't get any tweak to work on 2.5. Deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder and then could install most of the tweaks. Hiding Nascar & NFL don't work. Spoof iPhone did give me an error, but seems to be working, but haven't tried the Avatar mod. I started seeing the phone keep going offline after installing the themes, but now that I've rebooted it seems to be online so far... Now I've disabled all the tweaks and I still can't get the Themer to open...

just letting you know that i used the method above and i managed to remove the theme...so thats good

as for the tweaks still no go.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    awesome! a couple things:

- hiding nascar/nfl does not seem to be working. i cant get the boxes to stay checked, although when i click them the gui refreshes on my pre

i removed all previous tweaks, running on a mac
    Same here. Can't hide the Nascar app.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    My post last night indicated that the freezing was caused by the virtual-keyboard folder in the USB partition. I belive all you really have to to do is leave the fields in the config.json blank for haptic feedback and also for the click sound. You can set this from WQI. I could be wrong but the current vbersion of WQI (2.5) does not recognize the values for haptic feedback and probably freezes (stuck in some sort of loop). Jason could probably easily fix this.

All the other tweakss seem to work except hiding NFL and NaSCAR icons.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    +2

I am super happy that there are developers like Jason. I am poor, which means I have kids and never seem to have much money. The Pre is my Toy, and I love it. Developers on this site are amazing, and since this is a homebrew site, I expect there to be kinks, and when I can, I try to help with my observations on a specific app or tweak. I feel that is my responsibility when I get a free app. I do donate, but there is no way I could donate as much as I would like.

HOMEBREW = DEVELOPMENT = sometimes there will be problems

Jason and the other developers for the time and effort you all put in, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. No prob with kinks. I will deal with them, and if I can help you iron them out. I WILL, I promise.