Page 15 of 130 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Web os is not working properly so I advise to wait until further notice!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    so all of the tweaks except changing the opacity works for me after changing the name of the key board file

here is screenshot of error

I am having this same issue with 4x4 icons. I am running WebOS 1.1 and vista 64bit. No issues with ver 2.03. Also I have removed VK and renamed the folder. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/20/2009 at 10:12 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

i cant get it to work.... :*(
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have removed all tweaks installed from 2.03.. My question is if we have extra launcher pages installed but have the add launcher pages tweak removed.. do we need to remove the extra pages in order to install the upcoming update from Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    I have removed all tweaks installed from 2.03.. My question is if we have extra launcher pages installed but have the add launcher pages tweak removed.. do we need to remove the extra pages in order to install the upcoming update from Sprint?

You should not have too.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

i always get this:

""error 9: no return stream from /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    "

how to correct this error?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    You should not have too.
    Awesome thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i always get this:

""error 9: no return stream from /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    "

how to correct this error?
    Try rebooting your PC.

I was getting the error 9 on several tweaks. I rebooted my PC and I was able to successfully install several more (PDF in landscape, set month as default), but not on others (roam only, add launcher pages). I'm going to reboot again to see if I can add more.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Man i went thru the process. Removed tweaks and installed 2.5. Now I cannot open any SMS threads. It just sits there... ugghh!
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    hey anybody else running mac os 10.6 notice that you can't load any of the tweaks? I removed all of the tweaks from the prior quick install so this should be clean.
    Same for me. When I try to apply a tweak, the program just sits there frozen. Can't force close or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Try rebooting your PC.

I was getting the error 9 on several tweaks. I rebooted my PC and I was able to successfully install several more (PDF in landscape, set month as default), but not on others (roam only, add launcher pages). I'm going to reboot again to see if I can add more.

I agree, this works for me too, I dont know why. But then I have like a window to get whatever tweaks I want on on the phone, then I get the error, restart again and I can keep going. Kind of a PIA but whatever, small price to pay I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    Man i went thru the process. Removed tweaks and installed 2.5. Now I cannot open any SMS threads. It just sits there... ugghh!
    Click the link below for post 1938 of the original webOS Quick Install and follow the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    Same for me. When I try to apply a tweak, the program just sits there frozen. Can't force close or anything.
    Most of us (including myself) have had success with opening the USB drive and deleting any old virtual keyboard folders left over from the v2.3
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    I used the earlier versin to install the NFL and NASCAR tweaks. It seems to work. Other tweaks using 2.5.
    Laissez Faire
    Hey, guys!
    I'm trying to run Quick Install 2.5 on OSX 10.5.8. I have DevMode enabled, am using webOS 1.1.0, and haven't used QuickInstall before. The only extras I have are apps from Palm. I think I have two problems:

1. It doesn't seem to recognize the Pre. I use the "just charge" option. However, when I go to Tools/DeviceManagement, it says: "No Device Detected. Please connect your device then hit 'OK'".

2. I'm not sure if it has Novacom installed. I tried to double check by going to File/Options and clicking on "Attempt Novacom (re)installation". I followed the prompts of the new box and tried to install to "Macintosh HD", and it said:
    "Install Failed. The Installer could not locate the data it needed to install the software. Check your install media or internet connection and try again or contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I really want to get on with the more fun Pre stuff, and I appreciate any help you can give. I've read the previous 15 pages of this thread and haven't seen a solution (or anyone with the same problem) yet.
    Last edited by sartorious; 09/20/2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: read the previous 15 pages
    Found a link to revert back to the 2.03 version (I stupidly replaced the old file with the new) but can't find the .jar file anywhere in the unzipped file. Anyone know where I can find a link to just download the original program instead of a zip file. This is really an aggravating way to start off my Sunday! Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I used the earlier versin to install the NFL and NASCAR tweaks. It seems to work. Other tweaks using 2.5.
    Same here....message forwarding, hide nascar, nfl and the iphone spoof were not working on 2.5, so I went ahead and installed them on 2.3, works perfectly fine. Just make sure to keep both programs for when the time comes to erase them before 1.2.
  17. hae
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatl View Post
    Found a link to revert back to the 2.03 version (I stupidly replaced the old file with the new) but can't find the .jar file anywhere in the unzipped file. Anyone know where I can find a link to just download the original program instead of a zip file. This is really an aggravating way to start off my Sunday! Any help would be appreciated
    Someone attached a copy here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1906043
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    go to this page and look for post 1938 from jason and follow his directions exactly...http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1861013
    Follow above to restore SMS threads...
    that was it!!!!. removing virtual keyboard worked for me as well....but nfl, nascar, avatar,iphone tweaks not working, anyway thkz jason
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    addressed to sartorious

Follow instructions here first:

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

make sure you do this :
    Java 1.6
    For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

finnaly make sure webos doctor and quick install are in the same folder!

that should work!
    Last edited by willsurg; 09/20/2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: meant to reply to sartorious