Page 13 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes please remove all 2.03 tweaks BEFORE you install 2.05. I also stated it in post 178
    Yea but we didn't know V-Keyboard had a folder that stayed even after an uninstall.
    Uninstalled all tweaks from 2.03. Ran 2.05, NFL, Nascar, iPhone tweaks aren't taking.
    Opacity gives an error about the chunk. Locked up once and required a battery pull.

"Disabled all mods", checked 2.03 and all tweaks are indeed unchecked.
    Checked "Opacity" again as a "test" and got the chunk error.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Using Mac OS 10.6.1 and when I try to hide the NFL or the Nascar app it just blinks and never holds the check. The icons are also never hidden. Kind've bummed since the previous comments made me think I had to use WebOSDoctor to get a fresh image, which I did and then spent the next hour customizing my phone. Boo! If there is any troubleshooting or info needed please let me know, I'll do whatever necessary.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Wow...that is really strange. Not sure what else to suggest until Jason can come up with a solution.
    i had some issues as well, but what i did is went back to 2.03 and chose all the tweaks i had chosen before.. even though they we already installed, i checked the empty boxes anyway..

once i completed that, i went back to tweaks, boxes were now checked.. removed all of them and moved on to 2.5.. works ok for me..

i hope thats not confusing and hopefully helps someone..
    can someone help me? webosquickinstall 2.5 is not workin with my phone I tried opacity it gives me error about luna. and any tweak i try it just stay at please wait.
    Whoohoo! Thanks to everyone who mentioned the virtual keyboard folder, I deleted it and tweaks are working.

I had installed and then uninstalled that some time ago, it looks as though it doesn't uninstall cleanly.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminxbeard View Post
    I would recommend the removing tweaks before updating on webos quick install for the the update of the program itself as well! i updated my webos quick install and then was unable to remove some tweaks that i had applied with the previous version.

just to be safe i used webos doctor to reset everything so that i could update with no problem.

im not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not bc im not gonna read through all the pages, so i apologize if this is something someone already said.
    It seems that I'm having the same problem. I installed Quick Install 2.5, and I keep getting an error (Unable to process patch to usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    difflib.PatchFailedException:Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target) it seems that I only get this on the tweaks I did not uninstall before installing Quick Install 2.5.

Do I have to use WebOs Doctor or can I reinstall Quick Install 2.03 again (and if so, where can I find this?).
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by venom376 View Post
    i had some issues as well, but what i did is went back to 2.03 and chose all the tweaks i had chosen before.. even though they we already installed, i checked the empty boxes anyway..

once i completed that, i went back to tweaks, boxes were now checked.. removed all of them and moved on to 2.5.. works ok for me..

i hope thats not confusing and hopefully helps someone..
    Sorry, didn't see this post. Where can i find the .jar for Quick Install 2.03 / When i downloaded 2.5, I copied over the old version Now, I can't seem to find the old verion.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by czeitner View Post
    Sorry, didn't see this post. Where can i find the .jar for Quick Install 2.03 / When i downloaded 2.5, I copied over the old version Now, I can't seem to find the old verion.
    i still have it.. as im sure other do as well. if you want, pm me your email address and ill send it to you..
    I get the "Chuck" message when trying to install the audio and video messaging tweak and the hotkeys tweak.

I don't really know how to fix the "chuck" message (try the webOS doctor send file thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    can someone help me? webosquickinstall 2.5 is not workin with my phone I tried opacity it gives me error about luna. and any tweak i try it just stay at please wait.

go in usb mode and delete the virtual keyboard folder (after you remove it via preware or whatever). then try again
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    the only issue i have is i check the box to hide nascar, then the box just becomes unchecked again.. dont get that one? used 2.03 to fix that one.

the other issue is an error message when checking character counter. i had it working, but then i had to take advantage of a fix jason suggested when i couldnt open my texts. i know it has something to do with that.. no big deal however. everything else works just fine..
    ok, so at first i was getting the "freezing" of WQI......removed Virtual Keyboard folder from USB drive and it fixed it!

Then i was getting an "error 9: no return stream from /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;

i followed Jason's instructions on taking the file from the WebOS image and just replacing it, and that worked perfectly. ( http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html )

Thanks again Jason, I'm super excited about all your hard work. I'm promise i'm gonna donate soon!
    well i just installed all the tweaks except the choose avatar and the hiding the nascar and nfl app and some of the styling mods(which i just use the themer for)

all went well except the hiding nascar didnt work..didnt get an error but when i went to check if it was hiddin it was still there and the (check) that i left was unchecked...
    the other thing i noticed when i did the spoof iphone user agent...i got some kind of error but it went away after a second and my phone did its reset thing....and its still checked right now so no clue wut that was...overall....the tweaks work...all i know is that if i gotta reboot for any reason...i gotta do it when i go to sleep bc now the reboot time is f*cked

Edit: by the way i didnt experience any freezing of any sort...dont know where u experienced it but it took me a good 10 minutes to install all these tweaks that i like/need
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    awesome, thanks, this means i dont have to ignore my girlfriend tonight!
    lol funny
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    why install these tweaks because everytime I do it freezes my pre or they don't work. When will the palm actually give us options to install all this basic stuff instead of through homebrew? freekin ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    why install these tweaks because everytime I do it freezes my pre or they don't work. When will the palm actually give us options to install all this basic stuff instead of through homebrew? freekin ridiculous.
    ur telling me.....they should hire jason...he works faster than Palm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yes, you must uninstall all 2.03 mods before updating

Quilt is nice, it's really just a matter of preference which to use.

I should note, my patcher outputs an xml of the current config. So if any on-device developers have need to use if for one reason or another, PM me
    I've uninstalled all patches, and even webOS dr'd my phone and I'm still having a ton of trouble getting the tweaks and stuff to work on this new version. Any suggestions???
    i just tried to uncheck the iphone spoof agent thing even though it aint working...and it gives me an error access denied but it still restarts my pre but its still checked on the tweaks page
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I downloaded 2.5 on my computer and overwrote the 2.03 file without removing the previous tweaks.
    Where can I can 2.03 version jar file so that I can remove the old tweaks?

Can someone please provide a link?

TIA.