Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    This thread has become so entertaining. I'm willing to bet that half the people in here don't even know what they will do with the new version of WOSQI once Jason finishes building it and people finally get their hands on it.

I mean seriously, what will you be able to do with the new WOSQI that you can't already do with the latest version of Preware (installed via WOSQI 2.03 and running on WebOS 1.2)?
    Per Jason:

>>Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup. <<
    Steve
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    damn it my pre upgraded to 1.2 by its self over night i dont know how it said do you want to install 1.2 friday morning and i said no and when i work up saturday it said install complete is there an older OS that i can download form somewhere?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Per Jason:

>>Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup. <<

this guy is dumb you can do way more with quick install than you can do with just preware ***
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    damn it my pre upgraded to 1.2 by its self over night i dont know how it said do you want to install 1.2 friday morning and i said no and when i work up saturday it said install complete is there an older OS that i can download form somewhere?
    Why? You can install the tweks/patches using Preware.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Benp3rd's link would be here
    Heh now he says he might make a late night release:
    Twitter / Jason Robitaille: Good news, I got the major ...
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Ok so this is my first post. Great site BTW! I will admit I didn't read every post but from the post I did read. No one is having the same problem. I have everything completed up to and including the pre on "Just charge". Click install nothing happens. Go to file options on the quick install. Nothing happens there either. What do I need to do? Thanks
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I beg to differ. MANY people have the same problem.

Tell us what steps you followed in the troubleshooting section of the first post and where it failed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Per Jason:

Thanks! As always I appreciate Jason's hard work, but I truly did not know that WOSQI has tweaks that Preware does not have, nor did I know about the future plans for the /var/ partition. And I doubt the articulate poster below did either...

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    this guy is dumb you can do way more with quick install than you can do with just preware ***
    Norelco,
    generic posts like yours are what keep the users on here ignorant.
    first time user here, and, I saw that the newest version didn't work with 1.2.1, so, I went to download webos Quick Install 2.03, and, I get this error after I hit yes to choose install webosdoctor.

ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar

I can't find a solution. Any idea? I have the newest version of Java.
    I have the new device not found message. In the trouble shooting guide it says to go into the quick install click file the options. I did that. Nothing happens. It just highlights options. I am trying to reinstall novcom or what ever it is called. Does this stuff work with webos 1.2.1? I have not had any of this on the phone before today.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Are you in Dev mode?
    Yes i am. I made sure of that. The webos quick installer does not do anything. When click "File" and click on options. Webos quick installer does not do anything.
    how can i downgrade to 1.1 please help
    Quote Originally Posted by slixone View Post
    how can i downgrade to 1.1 please help
    Run the Webosdoctor for 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/JayCanuck/
    Good news, I got the majority of Tweaks redone, might make a late night release
    Can't wait!!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I happily put my tweaks back on my phone after 1.2 and am hoping against hope that 1.2.1 doesn't automatically install before I get home from the wife's family (sadly, her mother just passed) and can remove the tweakage and safely update.

(Of course, having the new Quick Install ready when I do that would make things all the sweeter--but I know better than to make demands on someone who has been so helpful and so generous to us all.)
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...Plus sending and receiving files without linux access...
    Please Jason don't ever remove this feature! I actually enjoy reading about a tweak, extracting the necessary files, making the edits myself, and sending them back to the device. I like learning about linux code doing this.