Page 125 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre and sat down to figure out this homebrew stuff. Then I come here to download the quick install app and one of the first things i see is that it doesn't work with WebOS 1.2

So what gives? Is it not possible to use homebrew apps if I have WebOS 1.2.1? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, -Al
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    oshkosh, just did what you are trying to do. go into preware, then go to "list of everything" and there you download "autopatch feed"
    can anyone tellme what is the purpose of rooting? what will i be able to do by rooting my phone that I would benefit from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacphony View Post
    I just got my Pre and sat down to figure out this homebrew stuff. Then I come here to download the quick install app and one of the first things i see is that it doesn't work with WebOS 1.2

So what gives? Is it not possible to use homebrew apps if I have WebOS 1.2.1? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, -Al
    An update is expected this weekend to fix that But QI CAN STILL be used to install applications like Preware for example. You can still do that.

It's just that not ALL of the Tweaks work yet. Some do but some don't. We are all eagerly awaiting the release of the next QI that supports 1.2 / 1.2.1
    ~= The Crimson Knight =~

"To Pre or not to Pre? . . . If you have to ask, I'll kick your a.."
  5.    #2485  
    New version will be in a new thread, so do not post in here asking for 2.7. Once 2.7 is posted, this thread will be closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    An update is expected this weekend to fix that But QI CAN STILL be used to install applications like Preware for example. You can still do that.

It's just that not ALL of the Tweaks work yet. Some do but some don't. We are all eagerly awaiting the release of the next QI that supports 1.2 / 1.2.1
    Thank you sir!

I was just going to ask this very same question; I guess it's just a matter of trial and error to figure which tweaks work?

I'm mostly interested in change the dialer background, 4x4 icons. Nothing else.

Has anyone tried these two tweaks under WebOS 1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Figured out a way to make 90% of the tweeks work w/ the new OS!

Check this thread out...

Tweeks for WebOS

I just wanted to provide this to everyone who keeps asking the same question..
    this is too funny
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New version will be in a new thread, so do not post in here asking for 2.7. Once 2.7 is posted, this thread will be closed.
    IMHO, this thread should be closed now, with a big note saying

"PLEASE STAND BY FOR THE NEW WebsQuick Install V2.7 Thread"
    Steve
    Why close it? It's not like there aren't any questions for WI 2.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Why close it? It's not like there aren't any questions for WI 2.6.
    It's not that there aren't any questions, it's just that there aren't any questions that haven't been asked and answered 42 times...
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post

I agree, but..

I think this decision should be up to the person that started this thread, the person that is making so much possible on the Pre and that we owe a great deal of thanks to.

IMHO, Jason should make that call. Maybe he has a reason to want to leave it open...
    ~= The Crimson Knight =~

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    does anyone know where i can go to see descriptions of all the patches in preware?
    waiting waiting .new version
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post

This thread keeps pelple from starting completely new threads. Think about how many people have re-asked questions that have already been answered many times, and then just imagine what the forums would look like if all those people opened completely new WebOSQI threads instead of posting in this thread. Yikes!
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 10/03/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    It keeps pelple from starting completely new threads. Think about how many people have re-asked questions that have already been answered many times, and then just imagine what the forums would look like if all those people opened completely new WebOSQI threads instead of posting in this thread. Yikes!
    That is an excellent point. I had not thought about that. It's better to keep it all in one place... Like the QI "Junk Drawer" .. persay..
    ~= The Crimson Knight =~

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I finally donated to Jason today. He has proven to be hard at work to be on top of everything. If you agree maybe you should do the same.
    while others are asking totally stupid questions without 1st searching for the answer, I have asked but have not received a reply to mine, and although I know I could start a whole new thread for this question, it is related to this new QI, here goes my question again, I hope someone will be kind enought to asnwer:

"can anyone tell me what is the purpose of rooting? what will i be able to do by rooting my phone that I would benefit from?"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    It is funny to me that anyone really gets annoyed by the 100% bug, considering the speed at which our batteries drain.
    Well, it may seem petty but here is the difference:

1) Jason's battery % tweak showed the full number in addition to the percent symbol. Example: 100%

2) The patch available via Preware seems limited to 2 characters. So, instead of showing 100%, it shows 10. Granted, wait a few minutes and it will show up as 99 but it still doesn't show the percent symbol.

Now, the world isn't going to end because of it, but given a choice, I would rather have the full version, it just looks nicer.

Edit: - Yay! They fixed it! The Battery % patch now shows the full 100 and also the percent symbol without the battery icon. Great job!

Maybe I can go to bed now.
    Last edited by Trekker; 10/04/2009 at 04:12 AM.
    there are still a few patches that can be done through rooting. Visit the webos internals page on wiki. Sorry I don't have a link. Wait yes I do Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals
    As a noob, I am not fiddeling with my phone until the new QI comes out, however I am not for sure exactly "what" is rooting, and the benefits to rooting, such as is it required in order to do certain tweaks, etc. So if someone would be so nice as to tell me what is the purpose of rooting, the benefit, and if it is in fact a required step in order to take "full" advantgae of my pre.