Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    My second hand also stopped working ever since the 1.2.0 upgrade; it was working fine before.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrimmster View Post
    My question is, I've been looking for over an hour and can't find a version of Quick Install before 2.03 anywhere.
    Anyone still have a copy?
    I have a copy of QI 2.02. PM me and I can email it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    Im trying to be able to use homebrew apps. The instructions say to download WebOS Quick Install but it also says that it doesn't work with web os 1.2 so does that mean that I can't install any homebrew apps on the pre anymore?
    Once your phone updates to 1.2 you cannot revert to a prior version and you will never be able to install homebrew. Palm locked us out to make us start buying apps in the App Catalog.

dude you don't even need webOSquickinstall anymore if you already have preware installed...just search the list of everything for "auto patch feed" install and restart ur phone...the go back to preware and wam all the patches for all the tweaks are there plus more like led notifications...have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    your an angel thanx
    Your avatar is thanks enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It is time to make this post again...

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on 10/3 or 10/4.
    - - Patches made with Preware should be completely compatible with it.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:

- Craig
    Its that time again! BTW everyone knows that there is a new WebOS update past 1.2 right? Palm has sent out WebOS 1.2.1 now... check your update!
    Last edited by iTBaggedUrPre; 10/03/2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    Once your phone updates to 1.2 you cannot revert to a prior version and you will never be able to install homebrew. Palm locked us out to make us start buying apps in the App Catalog.

1.2 doesn't keep you from installing homebrew. Preware and filecoaster install homebrew apps if you have them installed. You just have to wait for a 1.2.1 compatible version of WOQI to install homebrew or tweaks through that tool.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post

i don't know how but i installed some lines of coding and it reverted this phone back to 1.1.0 don't ask don't know how but I'm not updating until i get the facts on the new WOSQI and the compatibility for 1.2.1

Later Days
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    that's not an avatar that's my picture!!!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I am sure that Palm is aware of the benefits of the homebrew community. As apps are developed and refined, they then become paid apps! I seriously doubt they are purposely trying to shut out all homebrew apps.

"Once your phone updates to 1.2 you cannot revert to a prior version and you will never be able to install homebrew. Palm locked us out to make us start buying apps in the App Catalog."
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Figured out a way to make 90% of the tweeks work w/ the new OS!

Check this thread out...

Tweeks for WebOS

I just wanted to provide this to everyone who keeps asking the same question..
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    Figured out a way to make 90% of the tweeks work w/ the new OS!

Check this thread out...

Tweeks for WebOS

I just wanted to provide this to everyone who keeps asking the same question..
    lol i like that, not shure how many noobs it will help out but none the less i got a good laugh out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by emsAARON View Post
    The link "How To: Install Homebrew Apps" refers us to a page that says:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    DOES NOT WORK WITH WEBOS 1.2
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With no further explanation or clarification, I assumed that it does not work. That is what it says.

From reading some of the other threads I am guessing this only applies to the Tweak parts...maybe?!?!?!

As for those of you frustrated that "noobs" don't read first before asking questions, notice that there are 118 pages of opinions, incorrect (or outdated) info, not to mention hundreds of links to other threads, many many contradictory statements and more confusing instructions in this thread alone!

So, what to do? Well, smart people ask those that know.

And even smarter people step up to help...explain...instruct...share...etc.

If you don't want to answer a simple question, well then don't.

Leave it for someone else.

But please don't criticize a new member or new user for not wanting to spend days of trial and error and headaches just so you don't have to divulge your "secret sauce" of information.

I will be honest...I really want to install the HB Apps...and I am somewhat computer savvy and persistent, but I am having a difficult time.

So I come here looking for answers..especially to those questions asked by others having difficulty...but when I see how they are treated, I am discouraged to ask. So I start reading...and reading...and deciphering who knows what they are talking about. And I really don't get anywhere.

Oh well, back to trial and error.

(for those of you trying your best to help others...THANK YOU!)
    It appears that a few of the tweaks work with the older version of QI but not all of them. It is not designed to support the 1.2 or 1.2.1 webOS yet. Obvioulsly some tweaks will work because Palm didn't rewrite the entire system. People are tweaking/hacking their phones at there own risk. I feel sorry for those people that brick the phone and have to wipe everything out. Just be patient! The new QI should be out any day now!

I think this thread should be locked and when the new QI comes out we should start a new one!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    thank you as well i got my pre already and thanks to your advice it's now up and running
    h and my profile does have pictures of me at my friends house
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrimmster View Post
    I was sure I removed "all" my tweaks before getting version 2.6 of WebOS Quick Install, but realized I totally overlooked removing my 5x4 icons tweak from a previous version. My question is, I've been looking for over an hour and can't find a version of Quick Install before 2.03 anywhere. A hard reset is something I would really prefer not to do (as I have yet to figure out how to back up my MMS messages), and simply want to remove this tweak before updating to WebOS 1.2.1. Anyone still have a copy?
    Thanks.
    Check out his web page. Canuck Software
    i used repairutility to remove the patches however there is still one patch in the "installed patches" list and when i press remove it says "error removing [4]" solutions anyone?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Incase anyone is wondering, I just updated to WebOS 1.2.1 and it installed over all my tweaks/patches, I then reappiled the following tweaks with WOSQI 2.03:
    4x4 icons
    Silence phone dial pad/vibrate
    Message forwarding
    hide Nascar
    Call duration
    Battery %
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpbuddha View Post
    Has anyone heard when there will be an update to the WebOS Quick Install so the tweaks will work with 1.2.1.
    So you are asking if Jason has updated a program for software he noticed needed to change a couple hours ago? Sheesh. Give a man some time.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    @mlevi89

Thanks for the tip, 2.03 does enable some of the tweaks.
    I have a question: I am "impatiently" waiting on the new QI, but when its available, if I want to take full advantage of apps and tweaks, do I need to 1st root the phone?