Page 12 of 130 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just added 13 tweeks first try with no error messages with 2.5. I guess it was a good thing I had to run wedOS dr yesterday since I screwed up the messaging app and had not reinstalled the VK yet.. Love the "New Card for Conversation" tweek! Thanks Jason!! We need to get a separate donation going to get this man a Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    sounds like there's a lot of problems with the new update. Are they bad enough that I should wait?

the problems only seem to be if you installed the virtual keyboard. and if you did, it can be solved by deleting or renaming the folder. if you didn't install it, it should be fine
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    can someone re-upload WQI2.03 ?
    Edit: Nevermind, I got lucky, firefox sent the old 2.03 version to my recycling bin when the new one downloaded, so just restored that

May have been silly, but I over-wrote my other WQI with the new version, and apparently it doesn't recognize the tweaks already done on the phone...

So need the old file to remove them >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    woo hoo this worked for me too!

Here's what I did:

1) Connect the PRE in USB mode.
    2)Open the root directory and uninstall the "Virtual Keyboard" folder

Tweaks should now work!
    i dont have the virtual keyboard on my pre and the iphone web browser tweak doesn't work
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Why dont you guys read? POST 26 And dont forget to hit the thanks button
    Because....

I fail at life :-( I have 12 forum windows open and i was lazy, didn't think someone already posted that. I checked the first page and the last 3 pages, i skipped all the stuff in the middle

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Uninstalled ALL tweaks/patches with old version 2.03 ONE AT A TIME. Also removed extra launcher pages. Installed new version 2.5 and program just hangs when check marking tweaks, When trying to install keyboard I get an error.

I Have Windows XP Pro SP3, PalmOS 1.1 and I am trying to install one tweak at a time and let restart. Pre goes black but does not restart. WebOSQuick Install mostly grays out less a few tweaks that don't for some reason and freezes. And yes in DevMode. I also restarted the Pre.
    In USB MODE I deleted the virtual keyboard folder, seems to be working now. If I set my tweaks then install the virtual keyboard is it going to break it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    sounds like there's a lot of problems with the new update. Are they bad enough that I should wait?
    I've enabled almost every single tweak in 2.5. I have had no issues at all. Jason Awesome work!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    HELP!!!! earlier i had a issue with my txt's not opening thank you for helping me through that..but now quick install doesnt even recognize my device it doesnt sound like it's happening to anyone else so idk im in dev mode and everything but its not working....HELP!!!!!PLZ... : (
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    In USB MODE I deleted the virtual keyboard folder, seems to be working now. If I set my tweaks then install the virtual keyboard is it going to break it again?
    Got 2.5 to work when I removed my VK folder. Installed new tweaks and reinstalled VK with no issues.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Removing keyboard freed up most mods.
    I still can't get any email mods to work.
    Could that be because I have the alleged permanent landscape script installed through root?
    Answered my own question. I undid the script for the permanent email landscape mode, and the 2.5 mail mods work.
    Well, we figured out that the virtual keyboard folder was somehow screwing up the tweak installs during 2.5.

OK. Now, how do we re-install the virtual keyboard. I get an error while trying to install it via Preware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I was able to reinstall using QuickInstall without any issues. Maybe try that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Well, we figured out that the virtual keyboard folder was somehow screwing up the tweak installs during 2.5.

OK. Now, how do we re-install the virtual keyboard. I get an error while trying to install it via Preware.
    Yep i'm in business now also.

did you try installing the keyboard via quick install?
    Only one way of finding out!

Edit: looks like someone already tried it and it works after re-installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    HELP!!!! earlier i had a issue with my txt's not opening thank you for helping me through that..but now quick install doesnt even recognize my device it doesnt sound like it's happening to anyone else so idk im in dev mode and everything but its not working....HELP!!!!!PLZ... : (
    What advice was given to get your SMS conversation threads opening again? When I originally installed the previous version, the text forwarding tweak was causing me to not be able to open my messging threads. That was fixed in 2.0.3. After uninstalling all tweaks from 2.0.3, I again cannot open my threads. In 2.0.5, when I attempt to add the message forwarding tweak, I get this error (all other tweaks seem to work fine):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would recommend the removing tweaks before updating on webos quick install for the the update of the program itself as well! i updated my webos quick install and then was unable to remove some tweaks that i had applied with the previous version.

just to be safe i used webos doctor to reset everything so that i could update with no problem.

im not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not bc im not gonna read through all the pages, so i apologize if this is something someone already said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcbryant View Post
    I was able to reinstall using QuickInstall without any issues. Maybe try that way?
    I get a big long error message ending with (err1).
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    What advice was given to get your SMS conversation threads opening again? When I originally installed the previous version, the text forwarding tweak was causing me to not be able to open my messging threads. That was fixed in 2.0.3. After uninstalling all tweaks from 2.0.3, I again cannot open my threads. In 2.0.5, when I attempt to add the message forwarding tweak, I get this error (all other tweaks seem to work fine):
    go to this page and look for post 1938 from jason and follow his directions exactly...http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1861013
    Yes please remove all 2.03 tweaks BEFORE you install 2.05. I also stated it in post 178
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    would myflashlight count as a tweek that needs to be removed first??