Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Damn those complications. Damn them to hell!!!!
    Well I have a question Like I have said before ya'll are great for all that you guys are doing with this Webos Quick Install. Butmy thing is I love the tweaks part and I would really love to have them back so does anyone know if we are going to be able to get them back is ther a time frame. Honestly I really don't wanna down go bak to 1.0.3 but I really wanna get my tweaks back. Hell the little things like the batery percentage and all were very usefully to me. But I was just wondering and just wanted say THANKS AGAIN for everything guys I really appriciate everything ya'll have done for the rest of us. Ash
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpatel77 View Post
    Well I have a question Like I have said before ya'll are great for all that you guys are doing with this Webos Quick Install. Butmy thing is I love the tweaks part and I would really love to have them back so does anyone know if we are going to be able to get them back is ther a time frame. Honestly I really don't wanna down go bak to 1.0.3 but I really wanna get my tweaks back. Hell the little things like the batery percentage and all were very usefully to me. But I was just wondering and just wanted say THANKS AGAIN for everything guys I really appriciate everything ya'll have done for the rest of us. Ash
    Use Preware.
    Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpatel77 View Post
    Preware has the tweaks available.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Use Preware.
    Preware
    So someone owes me a coke.....My preferance is Pepsi though
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    So someone owes me a coke.....My preferance is Pepsi though
    I prefer beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It is time to make this post again...

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    The webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on 10/3 or 10/4.- - Patches made with Preware should be completely compatible with it.
    The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    To install available Patches using Preware:
    - - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    I edited the quotes to include the new ETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    Oh, the younger generation!

Our moderator has named himself after a character from the book Catch-22. Bev misses the book and is considering reading it again. He is not really bending fenders or milo's mind.

Yes, but that still doesn't explain why Milo is bending fenders.

Or even why there is a need to fender bend.

Most strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Your app is, bar none, the most important app to come out for the Pre. Without it, 99% of the users in this forum wouldn't even be able to load the home brew apps, such as filecoaster, preware, etc...It is the foundation on which the homebrew community relies. Thanks so much for your hard work!

On a side note, follow Jason on twitter! Jason Robitaille (JayCanuck) on Twitter
    +10
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks for the heads up about the patches in Preware - just what I needed!!
    Sorry I didn't see it back on pg 107 - this thread moves FAST lol...
    This all reminds me of issue #124 where the batman does not respond to the bat signal and after a while common citizens try responding to the signal and fighting crime.

But all they do is end up bending fenders and causing general mayhem before the batman shows up at the end.

Not that Milo the Fender Bender is just a common citizen, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    From Jason's twitter:Jason Robitaille (JayCanuck) on Twitter

"Due to complications, v2.7 is delayed til tomorrow (Sunday latest)"
    No Choice but to be patient for a great tool!! Its amazing how the original developers of the phone and Webos just put the phone out and leave ius users hanging and bored...Palm Pre is to good of a phone to just stop at the basics!!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Did the URLs to the repositories change? I just tried to load PreWare, and Quick Install couldn't find the Repositories. saying something like "Bad URL".
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, want me to send Guido and Louie 'The nose' after this Dyck Cheese guy who is an ungrateful peice of shyt?!??!!
    has anyone here used preware autopatch?? i used it until Jason comes out with the update to QI and it works great all my tweaks are back in.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    has anyone here used preware autopatch?? i used it until Jason comes out with the update to QI and it works great all my tweaks are back in.
    I used it, it is pretty damned good. Will DEF cure what ails ya, if you are jonseing for some "tweak" typed patches....
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    I'm sorry maybe I'm daft but I don't see Preware, current version 9.1, able to install patches such as add/remove pages 4x4 pages (as Jay already said) custom skins and backgrounds (I.e. not pre-packaged "themes"

Also I am 100% sure the 1.3 comment as either a mistype or a tongue in cheek comment
    MDJ...... What's up there m8ty??? Nice to seeya here... LOL

I got to jump in here and say both QuickInstall & Preware have there strong & weak points. Both do what there suppose to amazingly! But each one has a little something the other can't do. QuickInstall can theme, root(for a lack of a better term), install apps and tweaks. Preware can do everything QuickInstall can do, except "root". But it dose it right on the Pre & OTA. Os I'd have to say there both very important to this comunity.

They compliment each other very well and completly. Hats off to you Jason and to the Preware team for all of your hard work!

And to awnser your question MDJ

Preware can install patches and hacks. You need to be running Preware 1.2.0, look for "autopatch-feed" on Preware and d/l and install using Preware. It installs a feed from webos.internals. Now open Preware and look at the "Available Patches" it's not greyed out anymore and there is 50 available patches. About 3/4 of them are updated to work in 1.2.0. I've got like 20 of them installed.
    Do you know if it will do the Notify LED patch, I don't think they have that one working. I also had trouble with another patch.

But I am patient and will wait for Jason's upgrade. I'm not that much in a rush.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Do you know if it will do the Notify LED patch, I don't think they have that one working. I also had trouble with another patch.

But I am patient and will wait for Jason's upgrade. I'm not that much in a rush.

Rob
    i used prewares Notify LED patch and it works, i left the setting for it to ON and then uninstalled the patch and it still flashes when i get a new text and or email. hope that helps you out
    I had to try the LED patch twice before it worked...so if no go the first time the second could be your charm. Forwarding texts finally worked today too. But I'm suddenly out of memory...is the patches takin up catalog app. Space? I know I asked this in the out of memory thread but nobody answered.