Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I haven't modled in three years
    Proof that Palm is selling 500,000 pres per month.

A= proportion of new owners who ever modify their Pre
    This equals 0.0001% based on air grabbing

B= Proportion of A that modify with Quick Install
    This is 2 to 1 since there’s always Preware too

C= Proportion of newby quick installers that have trouble
    apparently 100% since it DOESN’T WORK RIGHT NOW!!!

D=number of pages of this thread in a month
    200 with extrapolation (so far)

E=number of newby posts per page
    5 Hey, it’s an average. Prove me wrong!

F=proportion of C that pick this thread to post.
    1 in 5, they do have other options!

G= proportion who just give up and take it back to sprint for a new one and don’t even bother to post here.
    This is clearly 5 to 1 at least

Therefore,

B*C*D*E*G divided by F*A = 500,000 new pre owners each month
    Last edited by egretman; 10/02/2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I lurk, but ty Jayson for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Proof that Palm is selling 500,000 pres per month.

A= proportion of new owners who ever modify their Pre
    This equals 0.0001% based on air grabbing

B= Proportion of A that modify with Quick Install
    This is 2 to 1 since thereís always Preware too

C= Proportion of newby quick installers that have trouble
    apparently 100% since it DOESNíT WORK RIGHT NOW!!!

D=number of pages of this thread in a month
    200 with extrapolation (so far)

E=number of newby posts per page
    5 Hey, itís an average. Prove me wrong!

F=proportion of C that pick this thread to post.
    1 in 5, they do have other options!

G= proportion who just give up and take it back to sprint for a new one and donít even bother to post here.
    This is clearly 5 to 1 at least

Therefore,

B*C*D*E*G divided by F*A = 500,000 new pre owners each month
    You forgot to factor in the milominderbinder posting effect. This may reduce the C variable to 99%.
    Okay - so I haven't been following this thread "religiously", but I have been looking at it from time to time, and haven't seen that anyone's out and out said a magic phrase. Maybe, because some people don't understand forums or might need everything spelled out for them, someone should say it. So, for all the people asking the same question over and over and over, maybe you don't understand *why* everyone says to read post #1:

JASON WILL CHANGE THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE FIRST POST WHEN HE'S DONE UPDATING THE WEBOS QUICK INSTALLER WITH ALL NEW INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION. FAR OUT! NEAT, HUH?!
    EDIT: You can still use the WebOS Quick Installer listed in that first post to install applications (such as -> Preware <-) on a Palm Pre running WebOS 1.2 - it just will not install the tweaks on 1.2.
    Last edited by ericdives; 10/02/2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    Okay - so I haven't been following this thread "religiously", but I have been looking at it from time to time, and haven't seen that anyone's out and out said a magic phrase. Maybe, because some people don't understand forums or might need everything spelled out for them, someone should say it. So, for all the people asking the same question over and over and over, maybe you don't understand *why* everyone says to read post #1:

JASON WILL CHANGE THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE FIRST POST WHEN HE'S DONE UPDATING THE WEBOS QUICK INSTALLER WITH ALL NEW INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION. FAR OUT! NEAT, HUH?!
    the new bat signal has come in a new form lol, but yet again this is somthing that noobs will see
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmedjpain View Post
    the new bat signal has come in a new form lol, but yet again this is somthing that noobs will see

New people to Gotham cannot see bat signals.

Remember? Issue #204.
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    New people to Gotham cannot see bat signals.

Remember? Issue #204.
    lol that made me laugh
    ... FAR OUT! NEAT, ...
    If everyone else realized this by their second post (like you have) the world would be a better place!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    What's this homebrew stuff that everyone is talking about?? Do I use quick install to do it? How do I?

oh and btw......lol just kidding. Preware works great with all the patches! I'm almost certain they all work.

thanks for all your hard work Jason and bigs ups to webOS internals!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    If everyone else realized this by their second post (like you have) the world would be a better place!
    I am blessed/cursed by a long history with the Internet (she be my mistress, *****, dominatrix, what have you) and computers, so I understand these things ... one might even say "innately".

I also lurked for a good long time here before finding a reason to post.

I have not the required posts for a sig with links yet, so see:

Eric Stewart: SCUBA, Photography, Blog

When you're bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    You'll have to format the hard drive on your PC
    lol!!!! Now that's some funny sh**!
    Does not work with webos 1.2
    :'(
    OMG! I seriously have tears in my eyes from laughing o hard at the last 2 pages of post. You guys are funny!
    .... :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by oscmarpre20 View Post
    .... :'(
    Hold Alt and press F4
    does anyone know if there is a workaround to installing the apps if I have verson1.2 installed on my pre? Bought it new and they updated it at the Sprint store before I left with it. If not, is there a way to set the version back to allow the homebrew apps to be able to be instaled?
    omg is this really happening
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msteen17 View Post
    does anyone know if there is a workaround to installing the apps if I have verson1.2 installed on my pre? Bought it new and they updated it at the Sprint store before I left with it. If not, is there a way to set the version back to allow the homebrew apps to be able to be instaled?
    Preware is your friend.

Preware

for the noobs and you can still use WebOS Quick Install for homebrew apps with 1.2