Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2241  
    its says my phoneis up to date didnt evn know there was a 1.3 update
  2. stormyva's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #2242  
    Ahhhhh, 4x4 pages... I didnt realize how much I liked them until they were gone!

    WebOS Quick Install is awesome!
  3. #2243  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    besides putting Preware onto the phone WebOS Quick Instal has become absolete anyway. Why not just make it simple and use Preware.
    To each his own dKotoric. I think you're in the wrong thread. What you want is located in the link below and thanks for stopping by:

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1855803
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. forsethc's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #2244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvy View Post
    @moe2889: Why do you need the new one? WOQI 2.6 works fine with WebOS 1.3. Try updating your phone again.
    what?!
  5. #2245  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    From my twitter (figured I should probably post this in this thread too):
    You know --- if you did not spend so much time reading every post on every thread, you probably could have released the new version by now!

  6. #2246  
    okay - i have an issue i guess

    A freind brought me their Pre to add some tweaks too and i had not realized that they updated to 1.2 already - end result was that the launcher on the phone is completely hosed now - it only has one page and all his apps and such are stacked one right on top of the other

    I tried doing the factory reset and when it came back on it was still stuck like that - WebOS Doctor says Cant connect and to let it know when i connect the phone

    anyone know what i can do to get this phone working again?

    Any help is greatly apprecitated!

    Thanks!
  7. #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Except that that is true. QI still will install preware, and other apps, just not tweeks!
    correct , thank you, 2.6 will not install tweaks, but installs EVERYTHING just fine. No one ever said QI 2.6 doesnt work
  8. #2248  
    This thread is killing the productivity of America.
  9.    #2249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirloki View Post
    okay - i have an issue i guess

    A freind brought me their Pre to add some tweaks too and i had not realized that they updated to 1.2 already - end result was that the launcher on the phone is completely hosed now - it only has one page and all his apps and such are stacked one right on top of the other

    I tried doing the factory reset and when it came back on it was still stuck like that - WebOS Doctor says Cant connect and to let it know when i connect the phone

    anyone know what i can do to get this phone working again?

    Any help is greatly apprecitated!

    Thanks!
    Try WebOS Repair Utility yet? (Make sure the option override compatability is checked) http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
  10. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #2250  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    besides putting Preware onto the phone WebOS Quick Instal has become absolete anyway. Why not just make it simple and use Preware.
    I'm sorry maybe I'm daft but I don't see Preware, current version 9.1, able to install patches such as add/remove pages 4x4 pages (as Jay already said) custom skins and backgrounds (I.e. not pre-packaged "themes"

    Also I am 100% sure the 1.3 comment as either a mistype or a tongue in cheek comment
  11. #2251  
    is the only way to get preware is through webos quick install?
  12. #2252  
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    This thread is killing the productivity of America.
    LMAO, good one
  13. #2253  
    is the only way to get preware is through quick install?
  14. #2254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul View Post
    Bro u doing a great job man !! don't listen to this ungrateful ppl
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You do great work, ignore the haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    ya great work Jason! The majority of us really appreciate your work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Your app is, bar none, the most important app to come out for the Pre. Without it, 99% of the users in this forum wouldn't even be able to load the home brew apps, such as filecoaster, preware, etc...It is the foundation on which the homebrew community relies. Thanks so much for your hard work!

    On a side note, follow Jason on twitter! Jason Robitaille (JayCanuck) on Twitter
    +100000000 Jason your work is truly appreciated!
  15. #2255  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    besides putting Preware onto the phone WebOS Quick Instal has become absolete anyway. Why not just make it simple and use Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.


    Obsolete? Maybe for a small few, but I believe each Preware and Quick Install will always have a very strong foundation and place in the webOS community.

    Just to clarify, Autopatch is not a Preware ipk format, it's standard of supplying patches as ipk's in an interoperable, reliabe and stable format. No matter what installer people choose to use or WHEN they choose to use it, I firmly believe they should always have the same app/package selections and abilities to remove. This is why there was so much work done early on to come up with an open interoperable feed standard.

    Also as Jason indicated the solution to transferring user specified or customized files from a desktop to the Pre is probably always going to be best suited to a desktop solution like Quick Install. And as with almost any device, a desktop communication application like Jason's Quick Install will always be in high demand.

    The community as a whole benefits greatly from the existence of both Preware and Quick Install. Here's to the devs!

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  16. #2256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    From my twitter (figured I should probably post this in this thread too):

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
    Jason, you rock!! Ignore the chatter & keep plugging away!!

    The /var issue has already bit me in the rear, so I wait with great anticipation for you to pull that one off!!

    And backups would be amazing!!!

    Keep it up and remember how many of us value your contribution in making the Pre the Premier device to own!

    Thanks again!!
    Irish
  17. #2257  
    LOL, been refreshing all day at work. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Can't wait to no longer get the out of memory message. Keep up the great work Jason!! Thanks for putting up with all of us.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #2258  
    Yes Jason, your work is appreciated more than you know!!! You rock!!
  19. #2259  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try WebOS Repair Utility yet? (Make sure the option override compatability is checked) http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    I have been trying that - but i think since i did the hard reset on the phone, it is no longer in DevMode now - since it is the launcher that is FUBAR'd i cannot get it to show the devmode icon to enable again

    i followed the instructions on the Repair Utility i think correctly - i extracted it into the same folder as the WebOSdoctor and the QI .jar files but it just comes up and says "Please connect the device and Hit OK" then it comes back with the ERROR: no device connected"
  20. #2260  
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    You know --- if you did not spend so much time reading every post on every thread, you probably could have released the new version by now!

    Thats a pretty dickish thing to say

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions