Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2221  
    I vote we lock this thread till Jason gets it working with 1.2.0. Then everyone will know whats up,lol.

    Can't wait to be able to get my tweaks back.
  2. #2222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    This thread here lists over 30 "patches" that they say works with WebOS 1.2..and they specifically talk about using Preware to install them.

    Am I that much of a newbie to think that a "Patch" and a "Tweak" are two entirely different things?

    Patches and Tweaks are the same fundamental thing. From what I gather talking with all of the installer devs Preware, Preload and QI will all be using the same underlying infrastructure for patching/tweaking/modifying text files, whatever you want to call it. The underlying infrastructure is tentatively named "Autopatch". The end result is that you should be able to install a patch with QI, Preware or Preload and since they will be ipks, any of the installers should be able to recognize it and uninstall it.

    Interoperability

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3.    #2223  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    besides putting Preware onto the phone WebOS Quick Instal has become absolete anyway. Why not just make it simple and use Preware.
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
  4. #2224  
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I vote we lock this thread till Jason gets it working with 1.2.0. Then everyone will know whats up,lol.

    Are you nuts? What would I do for fun?
  5. #2225  
    Don't make the batman mad, please.
  6. #2226  
    Quote Originally Posted by bridic View Post
    Personally, I feel Alt+F4 works much, much better.
    How about Window+L
  7. wolfsoul's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #2227  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
    Bro u doing a great job man !! don't listen to this ungrateful ppl
  8. #2228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    what is the difference between the "Clean Timestamp" and "Timestamp Messages BuiltIn Method". Appearance differences? how so?
    no one knows?
  9. Moth's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #2229  
    I did try to install the WebOS QuickInstall.jar. The install gets to 100% and then the install window just disappears. I cannot get this program installed. It just stops after downloading 100% of the 195MB file like i never tried to install anything. I do have the lastest version of Java installed as well. I don't get the question window popup after download so I can set it to USB device. I do not get to main window to show up for WebOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by Moth; 10/02/2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: clarification
  10. #2230  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    besides putting Preware onto the phone WebOS Quick Instal has become absolete anyway. Why not just make it simple and use Preware.
    I didn't think Preware can do all the tweaks.

    That's what I'm missing the most ... 4x4 pages, squared corners, and all the other things that Palm missed the boat on that should have been included on the phone to begin with.


    Thanks Jason for all the time you put in! I know myself and many others appreciate it! (and I will remain patient! )
  11. #2231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
    You do great work, ignore the haters.
  12. #2232  
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Are you nuts? What would I do for fun?
    I agree... gives me something to laugh about while I attempt to avoid doing any work!
    Irish
  13. #2233  
    ya great work Jason! The majority of us really appreciate your work!!
  14. Sovvy's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #2234  
    @moe2889: Why do you need the new one? WOQI 2.6 works fine with WebOS 1.3. Try updating your phone again.
  15. #2235  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Give a newbie a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a newbie to fish, feed him for life.
    Feed a newbie to the fish, and enjoy the silence.
  16. Moth's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #2236  
    After a 4th try it finally worked. Thank you for your help
  17. #2237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
    I did try to install the WebOS QuickInstall.jar. The install gets to 100% and then the install window just disappears. I cannot get this program installed. It just stops after downloading 100% of the 195MB file like i never tried to install anything. I do have the lastest version of Java installed as well. I don't get the question window popup after download so I can set it to USB device. I do not get to main window to show up for WebOS Quick Install.
    There is nothing to install!

    You didnt follow the directions correctly, You download WebOsQuickInstall.jar (could say .download) if it does rename it to .jar and put it the same folder as the WebOsDoctor.jar. Then plug your Pre in via usb (choose just charge) and click on the WebOsQuickInstal.jar ( Do not click on the WebOsDoctor) Now you are done.
  18.    #2238  
    From my twitter (figured I should probably post this in this thread too):
    My statement to those who say Preware's patches make WebOS Quick Install "obsolete" http://tinyurl.com/y977fj6
  19. #2239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
    I did try to install the WebOS QuickInstall.jar. The install gets to 100% and then the install window just disappears. I cannot get this program installed. It just stops after downloading 100% of the 195MB file like i never tried to install anything. I do have the lastest version of Java installed as well. I don't get the question window popup after download so I can set it to USB device. I do not get to main window to show up for WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
    After a 4th try it finally worked. Thank you for your help
    You are Running the wrong program!!!!
    I hope you didnt have any thing on the Pre you wanted to keep because you just Wiped it!!

    QuickInstall is not a n Installable program. Follow my Instructions in my previous post.
  20. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #2240  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh, especially considering I helped port patches to the Preware ipk format and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks will be compatible with Preware....

    And there are still some things WebOS Quick Install can do that Preware can't, like set messaging avatar, set boot logo, set dialer background, and such. Plus sending and receiving files without linux access.

    And don't forget about future plans for resizing /var/ to allow for more application space and plans for device backup.
    Your app is, bar none, the most important app to come out for the Pre. Without it, 99% of the users in this forum wouldn't even be able to load the home brew apps, such as filecoaster, preware, etc...It is the foundation on which the homebrew community relies. Thanks so much for your hard work!

    On a side note, follow Jason on twitter! Jason Robitaille (JayCanuck) on Twitter
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions