Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Jason, would you be adding tweaks for sending IM or text messaging to groups of multi-people. I use to me able with my Treo 755P send one text to a group of people just by adding your names in the send to list?
    You can already send to multiple people. in the new text screen type someones name then type another then another then another then another then another then another.... you get the picture. Type your message then hit send. whola a group message.

sorry notw08 you beat me to it. didnt mean to double post the answer.
    I think people are misunderstanding the bat signal.

The fixes are not ready yet.

This is darn hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    most of these tweaks do not work with webos 1.2

the only 2 i got to work were the minutes used during a call in call log and show full IM status messages i believe. i know for sure the first one worked. all the other ones showed an error message about patch being incorrect or something like that
    Start here for a list of what works and what does not:
    Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.6

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    DOES NOT WORK WITH WEBOS 1.2
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    most of these tweaks do not work with webos 1.2
    Simply unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    ...ON another note. Any word on Pre supporting other IM clients? Like Yahoo, ICQ, or dare I say... oneday... Facebook IM?
    yeah, i just installed the IM clients last night, tested them fully today and they work very well...i only really wanted Yahoo functionality, but it has MSN and ICQ as well see this thread for instructions which are fairly simple, use quickinstall2.6 and put your phone in dev mode of course, drag over the ipk file and install! wait for reboots and them youll see the new IM clients!

edit: to be on teh safe side i first deleted all my IM accounts before installing, then re-entered the accounst info afterwards

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html

or u can download the ipk here:

org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk - Windows Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Simply unbelievable.
    AGREED
    this thread should seriously be LOCKED by Admins, and re-opened when the new QI gets released

EDIT:
    for those of you you waiting for jasons new QI, here's what i did to calm myself down and get my pre exactly how i want it with all the perks:

GET ALL THE TWEAKS DIRECTLY FROM PREWARE!!! lol,
    and i used QI 2.03 to get the rest of the tweaks i really wanted from QI that werent avaialble thru preware, like IPHONE SPOOF for web pages, squarify the screen, launcher opacity, after those little QI tweaks, i got ALL my other tweaks from preware, i even installed my foavorite " ORIGINAL BLUE THEME" thru preware as well..
    Since I updated my pre I'm having problems tweaking my phone. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    palmprenutt's post made my head hurt.

Man...

@Acast1175: READ THE FIRST POST!
    Does not work with webos 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Acast1175 View Post

Yes, READ!
    Quote Originally Posted by zerty55 View Post
    Does not work with webos 1.2
    Maybe the fine print will get read?
    when will the new one come out
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    You'll have to format the hard drive on your PC
    absolutely!

patience, and learning how to read
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it

Yes, READ!
    hahahaaha
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    You can already send to multiple people. in the new text screen type someones name then type another then another then another then another then another then another.... you get the picture. Type your message then hit send. whola a group message.

sorry notw08 you beat me to it. didnt mean to double post the answer.
    All is well, my friend.
    The more the merrier. Just in case he didnt understand me, maybe he understood you...or vise versa =)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    You'll have to format the hard drive on your PC

Haha Classic? But I perfer Ctrl+Alt+Del...
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Simply unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    AGREED
    this thread should seriously be LOCKED by Admins, and re-opened when the new QI gets released

EDIT:
    for those of you you waiting for jasons new QI, here's what i did to calm myself down and get my pre exactly how i want it with all the perks:

GET ALL THE TWEAKS DIRECTLY FROM PREWARE!!! lol,
    and i used QI 2.03 to get the rest of the tweaks i really wanted from QI that werent avaialble thru preware, like IPHONE SPOOF for web pages, squarify the screen, launcher opacity, after those little QI tweaks, i got ALL my other tweaks from preware, i even installed my foavorite " ORIGINAL BLUE THEME" thru preware as well..
    I cannot and will not defend the question about this being compatible with WebOS 1.2, considering the 48-point-font message!

However, the thread for Preware lists all kinds of tweaks that are now compatible with WebOS 1.2.

The very first step for installing Preware says...

1. Download and Run the latest release of WebOS Quick Install
    So, while this may be perfectly clear to anyone holding an advanced degree in Hyperbolic Topology...it's confusing and conflicting to us mere mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2889 View Post
    when will the new one come out
    I guess the other 100 threads/posts asking this question didn't do the trick for you? It's coming when it comes.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Except that that is true. QI still will install preware, and other apps, just not tweeks!