Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I removed The v/keyboard via preware then removed boot logo w/ 2.0.3 then tried 2.0.5 and still same problem.
    try connecting your phone usb mode delete the keyboard file. some people were having issues with upgrading the keyboard so this should remove it completely. as far as the boot screen i dont know if you install a theme with prewere, if you did remove the theme with preware, work your way back, good luck
    i to did have some virtual keyboard folders in my usb drive i deleted those so that chould of also fix it for me
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Turns out that I had the virtual-keyboard directory lying around on my USB partition. I renamed that directory and now it looks like I am working.
    This worked for me. I have the 4X4 launcher and start calender in month view installed now using 2.5. I just renamed the virtual keyboard folder by adding "old" to the end of it.

I am trying other tweaks now......
    Try hooking up via usb and deleting or changing the virtual keyboard folder name. Even if you uninstalled the tweak the folder is still there.... I was having the same hang up issue with the tweaks in 2.0.5 freezing and i uninstalled and reintalled everything still nothing. I decided to just look under USB and seen it deleted it and now works fine.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ya trekker the link is wrong
    I found the post its on page 4 and the link goes to page 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Wow...that is really strange. Not sure what else to suggest until Jason can come up with a solution.
    Well I was able to get the bootlogo to change in 2.0.5 then while rebooting the check box for the haptic feedback became dark grey then I was able to uncheck it.

Kinda weird it only became accessible once it was rebooting.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    woo hoo this worked for me too!

Here's what I did:

1) Connect the PRE in USB mode.
    2)Open the root directory and uninstall the "Virtual Keyboard" folder

Tweaks should now work!
    Yep. Seems the virtual keyboard and the virtual keyboard folder in the USB partition has an effect on installing the tweaks.

Hopefully, somebody a lot smarter than me can explain to us why. I'm just happy we figured this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Turns out that I had the virtual-keyboard directory lying around on my USB partition. I renamed that directory and now it looks like I am working. I di dnot have virtual-keyboard patch installed but the collateral files were still around from my previous pre's USB contents when I synced the data. I will try other tweaks and repost with the results.
    This worked for me too.
    renamed it to "old virtual-keyboard".
    testing now.
    I needed to run WQI 2 and remove all tweaks, then run 2.5.
    testing now.

All working now
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/19/2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    try connecting your phone usb mode delete the keyboard file. some people were having issues with upgrading the keyboard so this should remove it completely. as far as the boot screen i dont know if you install a theme with prewere, if you did remove the theme with preware, work your way back, good luck
    This appears to have fixed my problem!
    I don't have the virtual keyboard installed -- never have.

So my issues remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    ya trekker the link is wrong
    I found the post its on page 4 and the link goes to page 2
    Yeah, sorry about that...the link worked for me but I found it didn't work when I used another browser. I'll see if I can get it fixed...for now I'll just refer to post numbers.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Removing the Virtual Keyboard folder on Pre while in USB mode fixed my freezing issue too. I've been able to install two tweaks so far using the new version. Thanks to all!
    yup. deleting the virtual keyboard folder worked for me
    So just to clarify; The "Disable all mods, rerstore from backup" option will disable all of the mods at the same time and restore the Pre to it's last backup?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    woo hoo this worked for me too!

Here's what I did:

1) Connect the PRE in USB mode.
    2)Open the root directory and uninstall the "Virtual Keyboard" folder

Tweaks should now work!
    I just renamed the "Virtual Keyboard" folder and I am in business!

Jason,

I am going to donate again!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Removing keyboard freed up most mods.
    I still can't get any email mods to work.
    Could that be because I have the alleged permanent landscape script installed through root?
    sounds like there's a lot of problems with the new update. Are they bad enough that I should wait?

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    So just to clarify; The "Disable all mods, restore from backup" option will disable all of the mods at the same time and restore the Pre to it's last backup?

Thanks
    I did this "Disable all mods, restore from backup" and ran WQI 2.5 to install tweaks but I got some errors so I ran WQI 2 and removed all tweaks then ran 2.5. all good now
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    i dont have any mods on, I doctored my pre recently, and I'm getting this Error 9. I looked for a v/keyboard folder and I don't have one.

here is a link to a pic of my error. Yfrog - errormo