Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Hey guys....I'm at ACL Fest...what have I missed?

I feel a vibration in the matrix....something big.

Is Jason the man or what?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I hadn't noticed that, but what I miss is turning blue while charging. I plugged my phone into the car charger last night, and had no indication that it was actually charging (it was as the % increased).
    There is an update in preware, select remove, reboot then install again and poof...works just like quick install version

Also, there are two different versions, one with just the % and one with both icon and %
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Thanks Milo...but again let me (and others) know what to do about patches that are similar to QI tweaks that we have installed through Preware. The comment above is a bit unclear, since I"m not sure what "compatible with" means. Specifically: should we remove those through Preware before applying a similar patch through QI? Can they be removed with QI if they were installed through Preware? For instance, clearly the battery % patch on Preware is different than the tweak, since the appearance is different.

Clearly I need to use 2.03 to remove tweaks I applied through 2.03...but I'm still unsure as to what to do about the patches applied through Preware (like the VK for example). Thanks for your help....
    if you want to remove all of the patches that preware installed, use the "emergency patch recovery" application. It is in the application section. Just install it. After it is installed, restart your pree and all of the patches will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    I am being being patient as this isn't a life-or-death thing, I was just curious. Jason is AWESOME and I appreciate all of his brilliant work!
    I think many here would disagree: this is life or death

And 3 x 3.5 icons are worse than death.

Of course, I would like to think that most of us who have actually read the bulk of this thread know that while a 1.2 version will be nice -- you really do not NEED it at all. If you install Preware and the autopatch feed, then all the tweaks (and then some) are there for you.

And the existing QI versions can handle application installs in 1.2, in case you missed it.

That said, I did see a couple new tweaks in the screenshots of the new webOs QI (you are all following Jason's tweets, right?)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I hadn't noticed that, but what I miss is turning blue while charging. I plugged my phone into the car charger last night, and had no indication that it was actually charging (it was as the % increased).
    It is funny to me that anyone really gets annoyed by the 100% bug, considering the speed at which our batteries drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.kingsdale View Post
    i downloaded the new 1.2 this morning but when i go to get into my launcher the web search's comes up... i cant get to my apps... i doctored it an it is still doing the same thing...

I BETTER GET A TANK YOU FOR THIS!!! LOL

U did WEB OS DOCTOR AND U PHONE STILL MESSED UP!!!!!????????????
    ( ps i work for bell mobility so i can get this done for you )

we gona HARD reset your phone to FACTORY default ( manual )

Step 1 : go to your key pad on your phone:
    step2: type in : ##786#
    Step 3: Click reset on the page that just came up
    Step 4: Enter Master Subsidy Lock code ( PM me with your ESN and ill give it to you )
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post

Is it safe to assume that once the dust starts to settle from this update that someone will write an info sheet to help the not so experienced get things set-up with out screwing something up?

Thanks to all of those that provide so much to this forum.
    Jason, and others, have provided detailed documentation for WOQI as it has been updated.

But the dust won't settle for long. Keep in mind that Palm WebOS , like any OS, is fluid and constantly changing. There WILL be a v1.21, or a v1.3, or a v2.0 in the future. Based on what is included in each future release (if Palm is listening), many of these tweaks will be included.
    Irish
    Hello, I've been trying to download WQI 2.03, because I replaced it with 2.5 and I had done some tweeks to my friends Pre. Now he wants some of the mods out and He doesn't want to upgrade to WebOS 1.2 for whatever reason. I've downloaded from the attached file, but it won't open. It, tells me that I need to download WebOSdoctor (which I already have and it gives me this error.

Java.io.FileNotFoundException://http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100wwsprint.jar

Can anyone help. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    There is an update in preware, select remove, reboot then install again and poof...works just like quick install version

Also, there are two different versions, one with just the % and one with both icon and %
    Thanks... will load Preware and redo today... ( I think Jason also mentioned he had uploaded his version in Preware too)

Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    It is funny to me that anyone really gets annoyed by the 100% bug, considering the speed at which our batteries drain.
    so true, which is why I needed to be sure the car charger was working!!
    Irish
    Jason, would you be adding tweaks for sending IM or text messaging to groups of multi-people. I use to me able with my Treo 755P send one text to a group of people just by adding your names in the send to list?
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    Java.io.FileNotFoundException://http//palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/rom/webosdoctorp100wwsprint.jar

Can anyone help. Thanks
    The key to your problem is in the error message. It is looking for a very specific version of webdoctor, which looks to be the webOs 1.0 version on the Palm site. I do not think that is there anymore.

That said, I think it only looks for Webdoctor online if it is not already in the same folder as the webOsQuickInstall.jar. Do you have both jars in the same folder?
    Amen!! I was extremely unhappy with the battery life. A few weeks ago I opted for the 2600mAh battery upgrade for about $60. It was worth every penny. I leave BT, Wi Fi and a bunch of cards up all day and it is still going strong by evening. Love the back cover, good grip, easier typing, etc. Anyways, don't mean to get off subject but I had to say that solved that problem for me.

...ON another note. Any word on Pre supporting other IM clients? Like Yahoo, ICQ, or dare I say... oneday... Facebook IM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.6

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

NOTE: Remove all Tweaks before upgrading from 2.03 to 2.5

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    DOES NOT WORK WITH WEBOS 1.2
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Installation and Usage Guide.

Troubleshooting Guide

Tweaks Guide (slightly out of date, I'll update soon)

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full device theming support
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required.
    • No root access required.
    • Support for multiple ipk file transfers.
    • Add files via filechooser popup or by dragging and dropping files onto the transfer queue window.
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

ChangeLog
    v2.6 - September 28, 09
    - Fixed "Download in browser" tweak
    - Fixed "Spoof iPhone user agent" tweak
    - Various other bugfixes

v2.53 - September 23, 09
    - Fixed a minor bug in the "Download in browser" tweak
    -Misc other minor bugfixes

v2.52 - September 21, 09
    - Fixed an issue with sending/receive files, which in turn caused various other errors like "truncated archive", "invalid magic", and others

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    - More detailed error reporting app-wide
    - Fixed Nascar/NFL hiding tweaks
    - Fixed iPhone user agent spoof tweak
    - Fixed virtual keyboard-related freezing issue

v2.5 - September 19, 09
    - Completely redone patcher code
    ---Supports standard .patch files
    ---Extra layer of file safety
    ---More accurate patching
    - Full theming support
    - Added/updated many system mods
    - Added "Messaging Mods" section
    - Added virtual keyboard config settings

v2.03 and below
    -See the original thread for that changelog

Special thanks to the beta testers who helped along the development road the past few weeks. Especially thanks to Dieter of PreCentral, Philip of PreThinking, Ken of WebOSHelp.net, Rod of WebOS-Internals, D94, David Wales and especially Madolen (for all his work with theming). This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    most of these tweaks do not work with webos 1.2

the only 2 i got to work were the minutes used during a call in call log and show full IM status messages i believe. i know for sure the first one worked. all the other ones showed an error message about patch being incorrect or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post

the only 2 i got to work were the minutes used during a call in call log and show full IM status messages i believe. i know for sure the first one worked. all the other ones showed an error message about patch being incorrect or something like that

... You didn't see the bold that said "Does not work with 1.2?"
    impatienlty waiting.......just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    probably maxed out the font size when typing they DO NOT WORK WITH WEB OS 1.2 and someone quotes it and everything... complaining about it.... wow... simply..... amazing

I wait patiently, the patches from preware all seem to work with 1.2 ...... for what thats worth I been using that
    wow...just wow
    How did you know that I am working on a tweak for a flash drive in my lab right now?!?!

It was supposed to be Top Secret!

umm....i DIDNT know. its was a question lol
    but yeah, i remember looking it up online
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Jason, would you be adding tweaks for sending IM or text messaging to groups of multi-people. I use to me able with my Treo 755P send one text to a group of people just by adding your names in the send to list?
    you can kinda do that with your pre.
    Go to messaging. instead of choosing a contact and sending each one a separate text just click on the add button on the bottom left of the screen.
    then, just add all the contacts you want to send it to. ...then type the message and it'll send it to all the contacts you chose. simple.