Page 108 of 130 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    that was a difficult sentence to read....

but really, Jason doesn't need to do that. the old ones are locked. Its pretty obvious what people need to open. And theres only 1 version of the program available. its fine how it is.
    So all these confused people are on the right track ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    that was a difficult sentence to read....

but really, Jason doesn't need to do that. the old ones are locked. Its pretty obvious what people need to open. And theres only 1 version of the program available. its fine how it is.
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by notw08 View Post
    i second that! once the pre gets forwarding, recording...AND zoom for camera...AND flashdrive support...IT WILL BE THE ILLEST PHONE OUT THERE!!! Any idea when that will be coming out!?!? XD
    How did you know that I am working on a tweak for a flash drive in my lab right now?!?!

It was supposed to be Top Secret!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    So if Im new to this and read Through 106 pages :/ What do I need to do to get filecoaster to work if I have updated to Version 1.2?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but im stupid with this stuff.
    The last version works to load apps into v1.2. The tweaks don't work, but I have been able to add apps to my phone just like normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasmallwood View Post
    So if Im new to this and read Through 106 pages :/ What do I need to do to get filecoaster to work if I have updated to Version 1.2?

2 options.

A) Wait till you don't see "THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH 1.2" is removed from very first post and then follow instructions

OR

B) Follow the instructions that are there right now and only install fileCoaster and Preware (might want to read up on installing Preware on their thread). Those 2 apps will pretty much have the rest of the stuff you're looking for.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your assessment. See attached.
    Holycow, you're right! My apologies. Yesterday I searched for it for a long time (After registering), and I swear it didn't show up. I must not have been logged in to the site on that tab or something.
    I'm dumb too, that doesn't help.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skola28 View Post
    Actually, its not. It took me a while to find it as well. You have to click the 'Continued' link, which takes you to like page 20 or something. Its in that post.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

OK, so I tell you EXACTLY where to find the file, and you call me a liar. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    OK, so I tell you EXACTLY where to find the file, and you call me a liar. Thanks.
    I'm 90% mentally ********; please keep this in mind in the future :P

I must have been on this thread before:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

Again, my apologies.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sasmallwood View Post

I am with you. I have been trying to read the numerous threads about the update, and installing apps and tweaks. I have only had my pre a week, and this site has provided a lot of great information, but i not sure which thread is the best to follow. I think that since so many people have posted, it makes it tough for us new folks to keep up with what we really should or shouldn't do.

I guess the best thing we can do is allow the people on this site that have provided so many good programs and options to do their thing. they will let us noobs know when there is something worth using ready to download.

Is it safe to assume that once the dust starts to settle from this update that someone will write an info sheet to help the not so experienced get things set-up with out screwing something up?

Thanks to all of those that provide so much to this forum.
    I'm dumb too, that doesn't help.
    We all have to play with the cards we're dealt!

At least you found the right place to ask for help. You could have just stared at your pre waiting for it to magically tell you the answer.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aXiS99 View Post
    2 options.

A) Wait till you don't see "THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH 1.2" is removed from very first post and then follow instructions

OR

B) Follow the instructions that are there right now and only install fileCoaster and Preware (might want to read up on installing Preware on their thread). Those 2 apps will pretty much have the rest of the stuff you're looking for.

Thanks. Ill just wait then
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm 90% mentally ********; please keep this in mind in the future :P

I must have been on this thread before:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

Again, my apologies.
    Cheers... now everyone should know where to find the link for DL
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    We all have to play with the cards we're dealt!

At least you found the right place to ask for help. You could have just stared at your pre waiting for it to magically tell you the answer.
    I was doing that for a while last night before I finally went to WebOSDoctor.
    It is time to make this post again...

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on 10/2 or 10/3.
    - - Patches made with Preware should be completely compatible with it.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/15/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    yea Milo, aka batman is back.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Jason is working very hard on it and has said he is doing more that just getting the tweaks ready.

He is hoping for late today, but don't be surprised if he misses that mark.

^Above info is from Jason's Twitter update. Remember we want a quality tool...not something that is rushed.

Jason does all of this on his own time. He is a college student...be patient and be thankful for this great tool he provides us at no charge.

I suggest donating something to him...I have!
    I am being being patient as this isn't a life-or-death thing, I was just curious. Jason is AWESOME and I appreciate all of his brilliant work!
    so... i accidentally installed quick install on my 1.2 os pre. i used some tweaks noticed they didn't work and then deselected them. now this morning i can't open any messages in the messenger. I can open messenger and see the first line, but i can't open them. any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't like the battery percentage patch available via Preware. For example, when the phone is fully charged, it will display 10....not 100. I'm pretty sure the tweak installed via WebOS QI listed it as 100.
    I hadn't noticed that, but what I miss is turning blue while charging. I plugged my phone into the car charger last night, and had no indication that it was actually charging (it was as the % increased).
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It is time to make this post again...

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on 10/2 or 10/3.
    - - Patches made with Preware should be completely compatible with it.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

- Craig
    Thanks Milo...but again let me (and others) know what to do about patches that are similar to QI tweaks that we have installed through Preware. The comment above is a bit unclear, since I"m not sure what "compatible with" means. Specifically: should we remove those through Preware before applying a similar patch through QI? Can they be removed with QI if they were installed through Preware? For instance, clearly the battery % patch on Preware is different than the tweak, since the appearance is different.

Clearly I need to use 2.03 to remove tweaks I applied through 2.03...but I'm still unsure as to what to do about the patches applied through Preware (like the VK for example). Thanks for your help....