Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    json files freakin awesome
    oh, wait...my phone is on usb mode, so if you can please help me out...email me to: vale_notw@yahoo.com or facebook me with my email.
    are we going to get a fix so that the quick installer will work with 1.2?? i need to get file coaster back on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Interesting.....why did you lose your internet at home?

Were you using Mytether?

PS- I am not the Sprint police.

They are working on installed the fiber cable and so on taking a week or so so ya i was ueing my phone as a modem 24/7 i used about 14gb last month i just told sprint that i was using my phone to stream music 24/7 lol they believed me
    Quote Originally Posted by hskaljac View Post
    How do you do it if you already have WebOS 1.2 installed??
    Simple you jump up and down spin around and bark like a dog then it will work ok...
    Given the expanding capabilities of Preware, in that many of the tweaks from QI can now be installed OTA, it's unclear to me whether there is (or will be when the new QI comes out) incompatibility. If I'm using the QI tweak for battery percentage and 4X4, and Preware patches for other controls, could there be a problem? Given I know nothing about patches and installation schemes, etc., does it make more sense to use either QI or Preware as opposed to both at the same time for the same purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Given the expanding capabilities of Preware, in that many of the tweaks from QI can now be installed OTA, it's unclear to me whether there is (or will be when the new QI comes out) incompatibility. If I'm using the QI tweak for battery percentage
    I don't like the battery percentage patch available via Preware. For example, when the phone is fully charged, it will display 10....not 100. I'm pretty sure the tweak installed via WebOS QI listed it as 100.

I'm not sure about compatibility either. If I install patches via Preware, can I remove them using WebOS QI and vice versa? I don't want to have to remember which method I used to install which patch, so I may just have to choose one method and stick with it.
    yes trekker that percent sucks I used the one with both the icon and percent because it shows the full number. And I wish they would bring back the squarify tweak that was my fav. Or one of them at least
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Given the expanding capabilities of Preware, in that many of the tweaks from QI can now be installed OTA, it's unclear to me whether there is (or will be when the new QI comes out) incompatibility. If I'm using the QI tweak for battery percentage and 4X4, and Preware patches for other controls, could there be a problem? Given I know nothing about patches and installation schemes, etc., does it make more sense to use either QI or Preware as opposed to both at the same time for the same purpose?
    it should be ok because a patch effectivly removes code and replaces with the code desired . So it really should be no problem your just changing the code no matter which progam your using.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm not sure about compatibility either. If I install patches via Preware, can I remove them using WebOS QI and vice versa? I don't want to have to remember which method I used to install which patch, so I may just have to choose one method and stick with it.
    That is really a crucial point as far as I'm concerned.
  11.    #2111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    There will be compatability. I had to redo my patching system completely, but there will be compatability. Oh, and as of a few hours ago, all my WebOS Quick Install patches (with the exception of a few) were uploaded to the ipkg feed.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

They could write a book about all things I don't know about this. I think it would be prudent to keep a list of tweaks and where you got them. This would come in handy when it comes time to modify or delete a tweak.

For instance, 3-6 months down the road, we have no idea where QI or Preware will be. Will they be the standards, will they be the leaders, will they have consolidated, will there be something better? In the world of open source, one tweak may "appear" to be the same as someone elses, but in reality has different code. So when it's time to modify or delete, issues arise.

I know that when I was preparing for 1.2, I ALMOST forgot about my landscape tweak that I performed in the rooted mode. I don't KNOW that it was the same lines of code adjusted as the one in QI. It probably was, but I didn't want to take that chance. And now, it appears the battery indicator tweak may have at least 3 different forms.

While OTA is convenient, I'm holding off in the jitterbug mode until Jason comes out with the new QI. I have good connectivity with my iMac via USB, Jason seems really down to earth in communicating, and from what little I know about hacking I can kinda see where he's coming from. With Preware, connectivity is just adequate and I am not comfortable about who's running the show and what their objectives are. To each, their own. It's just my choice.
    Any word on what the version number will be for the new WebOSQI? 2.61? 2.70?
    Last edited by Greymalken; 10/02/2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Messed up version numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    There will be compatability. I had to redo my patching system completely, but there will be compatability. Oh, and as of a few hours ago, all my WebOS Quick Install patches (with the exception of a few) were uploaded to the ipkg feed.
    Given that situation, and that you are about to come out with the changed QI, do you recommend we remove all tweaks that were applied with 2.03 before we update to the new QI? And is there any reason to remove patches we installed with Preware (such as the VK)?
    For those of you who don't follow Jason on Twitter, WOQI 2.7 tweaks preview screenshot.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Looks nice Jason!
    Holy crap that looks AMAZING
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Oh how we did love one point one
    Its good points were all hard fought won
    and then the gods gave us two point zero
    But they took from us our tweaks and lo
    With the help of Jason, batman, and Milo
    A great battle did ensue against the comment onslaught
    Well, what can I say. It twernt my fault
    It was minder and mender and fender who confused me
    And lo the ramparts were breeched by that darn guy named Newby

Good nite to all and to all a bent fender.
    OMG, this post (and the posts that inspired it) has me in stitches! Hilarious!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Given that situation, and that you are about to come out with the changed QI, do you recommend we remove all tweaks that were applied with 2.03 before we update to the new QI? And is there any reason to remove patches we installed with Preware (such as the VK)?
    Yes remove all tweaks before upgrading. I know i had issues when i went from 2.01 to 2.6 and others users launchers were ruined. Of course the repair utility filed it though.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sooo.. Any ideas when this will be 100% ready for os 1.2?