Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software

=====================
    Maybe Milominderbender is too busy bending milos mind to post this right now, so I figured I would do it for him.

It's been a few pages and the newbs are starting to pile up in the corners.
    How do you do it if you already have WebOS 1.2 installed??
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    =====================
    Maybe Milominderbender is too busy bending milos mind to post this right now, so I figured I would do it for him.

Oh, the younger generation...

Milo Minderbinder is a fictional character from the novel Catch-22. I am assuming our moderater took his name from this character. Milo (the character, not the moderator -- at least I hope not) is the ultimate war profiteer. Fabulous book -- I think it's about time I read it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I just updated to WebOS 1.2 and all my patches disappeared. I wanted them back so I used Quick Install 2.6 but nothing worked and some applications acted borkey. Someone on the form suggested I type in the command "rm -rf /" at the terminal so I figured out how to do that. Now I cannot even connect to my phone with Quick Install. I can't even boot my phone. When will Quick Install fix my phone, solve global warming, and give Al Gore another medal?

...and no I don't want to read the first 100 pages of this thread, not even the first message.
    Too subtle.... Unfortunately, someone will read the post and actually try this. What am I saying -- they are not reading the other 99 pages either.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    =====================

Thank you! Yes, off on a project. I was only gone for 49 posts. I went back and counted. These questions get asked about once every 7 posts...

Poor Jason.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/01/2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    I read thread and figured out I should wait until ~Friday to install on 1.2. I really just want to make post #2000 my first post.

:-)
    RS
    Congratulations -- you have accomplished one of your goals in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by hskaljac View Post
    How do you do it if you already have WebOS 1.2 installed??

To do IT properly, first get a girlfriend....if you are of that persuasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post

Milo Minderbinder is a fictional character from the novel Catch-22. I am assuming our moderater took his name from this character. Milo (the character, not the moderator -- at least I hope not) is the ultimate war profiteer. Fabulous book -- I think it's about time I read it again.

Ok, but why does he bend fenders?
    Now that I have upgraded to 1.2 REALLY don't know what I am going to do without your TWEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you! Yes, off on a project. I was only gone for 49 posts. I went back and counted. These questions get asked about once every 7 posts...

- Craig
    Nice to have you back, I was going to take the roll as Robin but I will concede to batman. Maybe we should have some type of smily that looks like the bat signal so Milo can just look for that.

no really thanks for rejoining us.
    Quote Originally Posted by srhummer View Post
    Now that I have upgraded to 1.2 REALLY don't know what I am going to do without your TWEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The tweaks still work in an earlier version (2.03) of quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post

Yes, Milo could find anything.

- Craig
    Oh how we did love one point one
    Its good points were all hard fought won
    and then the gods gave us two point zero
    But they took from us our tweaks and lo
    With the help of Jason, batman, and Milo
    A great battle did ensue against the comment onslaught
    Well, what can I say. It twernt my fault
    It was minder and mender and fender who confused me
    And lo the ramparts were breeched by that darn guy named Newby

Good nite to all and to all a bent fender.
    Can anyone help me?

I am running webos 1.2 and Have Preware 9.1. Can anyone tell me the CONFIRMED tweaks/ patches that work on the pre?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    Can anyone help me?

I am running webos 1.2 and Have Preware 9.1. Can anyone tell me the CONFIRMED tweaks/ patches that work on the pre?
    Ok for whatever reason, I can't get the link I keep trying to post to work so if you search the forums - there is an 'OFFICIAL 1.2.0 Patches list' thread that will tell you which patches are working and which aren't.

Sorry can't post the link. Maybe someone else can??
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcbryant View Post
    Ok for whatever reason, I can't get the link I keep trying to post to work so if you search the forums - there is an 'OFFICIAL 1.2.0 Patches list' thread that will tell you which patches are working and which aren't.

Sorry can't post the link. Maybe someone else can??

http://forums.precentral.net/1936846-post1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    Can anyone help me?

This FAQ is in posts 1943, 1956, 1967, 2012 (Go opendave!),2028,....

The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    To install available Patches using Preware:
    - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    - Craig
    This FAQ is in posts 1943, 1956, 1967....

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:

- Craig

Excellent , Should be stuck as a splash page before anyone is allowed to post .
    how do you get the avatar patch workin once its downloaded? I have a .png pic on my fone but I can't figure how to get it n my box
    HELP!
    I Have done everything and it all went smoothly until it asks me to plug in my pre on the WebOS Quick Install Screen.
    I've tried multiple times unplugging and plugging the pre to the computer, but it doesnt read it for some reason.

Any Advice is appreciated.

Thanks!