Page 100 of 130 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybandnerd View Post
    Care to specify a specific date? Like 10/02/09 or next friday? or what?
    10/2/09.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by deadshot8 View Post
    type this in ur pre upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then dev mode will pop up and click on it. then slide the on switch and ur set
    AHHHH YES!! thank you thank you thank you.. Now I jut have to figure out how to get Preware

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea2009 View Post
    AHHHH YES!! thank you thank you thank you.. Now I jut have to figure out how to get Preware

Thanks again!!
    PReware can be aded using quick install, http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Maybe this has been answered already, but for those of us who have used Quick Install 2.6 with WebOS 1.2 without any issues, should there be something to worry about down the line, having used Quick Install to install File Coaster and Preware?

I had no problems whatsoever using Quick Install 2.6.. I have yet to try any tweaks with it, but for putting File Coaster and Preware on my phone, no issues.
    That has been answered a few times, but not every other page, so I'll answer it again.

You can use QuickInstall 2.6 for Preware and FileCoaster and other functions. Do not use it for TWEAKS.

Thanks again!!
    Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/01/2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    PReware can be aded using quick install, http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    Thank you and yes, I did all that.. Preware is on my phone BUT, it keeps saying I didn't install it or I need to reboot my phone. So, I rebooted my phone this is the third time and it still isn't working. I'm stumped.
    i would like to kinda steer away from the norm here lately and THANK YOU guys for all the hard work that you have done here for all of us pre owners. without you the pre would just be another dull old thing that dials numbers. keep up the good work and thanks again!

Cant wait for the new QI!!!!!!
    Now the computer is saying Error: No Device Attached again.
    Somebody help me, please?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    don't know if it has been mentioned, but how about an option to "hide" music player for those of us using Music Player Remix?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Somebody help me, please?
    Not quite sure if preware does nothing. Not sure why device not detected if in dev mode. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    Not quite sure if preware does nothing. Not sure why device not detected if in dev mode. Sorry.

Would you happen to know why it started to say no device detected again on WebOS??

Would you happen to know why it started to say no device detected again on WebOS??
    Opps. nevermind
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    don't know if it has been mentioned, but how about an option to "hide" music player for those of us using Music Player Remix?
    That patch is available in preware.
    I've update to 1.2 with taking out all tweaks,and after update i installed all tweaks through the first webos install and everything works get,but if you try it with the new webos installer it gets stuck and does nothing,but i'm happy with the original tweak anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by clearsound View Post
    I've update to 1.2 with taking out all tweaks,and after update i installed all tweaks through the first webos install and everything works get,but if you try it with the new webos installer it gets stuck and does nothing,but i'm happy with the original tweak anyway!
    This FAQ is in posts 1943, 1956, 1967....

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/01/2009 at 02:24 PM.
    ok here is the thing... i downloaded the new patches but every time i bring up the launcher it goes to the web serch with twitter an all that on it... how can i fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.kingsdale View Post
    ok here is the thing... i downloaded the new patches but every time i bring up the launcher it goes to the web serch with twitter an all that on it... how can i fix that?

thats beacause you had a 4x4 Tweak on your phone when you updated to 1.2
    your gona need to Doctor your phone ( it happened to me )
    ok were can i get the webos doctor 1.2?
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/ash99...0ewwsprint.jar is the link you're looking for for the webos doctor. ^_^ enjoy