1.    #1  
    New to the forums... I have downloaded both the Web OS Quick Install software and the Web OS Doctor. For some reason every time i start the program and connect I get this error. "Please connect your device and then hit 'ok'." I hit o.k. and then get another error. For some reason the program is not reading that my phone is connected...

The phone works fine with my computer on everything else. The usb mode works, the media sync works, etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions???
    u in dev mode?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbenton View Post
    New to the forums... I have downloaded both the Web OS Quick Install software and the Web OS Doctor. For some reason every time i start the program and connect I get this error. "Please connect your device and then hit 'ok'." I hit o.k. and then get another error. For some reason the program is not reading that my phone is connected...

The phone works fine with my computer on everything else. The usb mode works, the media sync works, etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions???
    You need to place your phone in DevMode before it will connect. This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Review this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    Also in WOSQI you can have it install the devmode launcher app so you don't have to type the upupdown... everytime.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    thank you... I just go the phone replaced and forgot to put the new one in developer mode... Thanks again.
    how do u put teh phonein dev mode. i need steps please.
    Quote Originally Posted by neshaking View Post
    how do u put teh phonein dev mode. i need steps please.
    The steps are in post #3 in this very thread...
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Something got royal screwed up on my phone. The app launcher button now opens up universal search; no apps are visible except the 4 next to the app launcher. This wouldn't be bad, since I could type in the search for any app or devMod and find it on my phone...except my universal search is unresponsive to any keyboard buttons. Anyone know another way to put in devMod so I can run webOS Doctor? I all ready called sprint and had them give me a master subsidy number and had the phone wiped and reloaded with my palm profile, which didn't fix anything except now my contacts are in place of the messaging icon in my quick launch bar.

Another note: When I could get it into charging mode and I ran webOS Doctor it would run for about 5 min than say the phone was disconnected. I would have to reinstall webOS Doc and re-connect my Pre. This was until it was kicked out of devMod and wont even be found by my PC or webOS Quick Install or webOS Doctor.
    i have my phone in dev mode n it still wont connect? can neone help
    Just like drewbenton's case i have the same problem. i already tried reinstalling quick install and no luck
    o yea my dev mode is on
    Did you wait for your computer to recognize the new usb device?
    I'm having same issue it's in dev mode and re dl webos quick install...and can't fine phone..i worked on my last pre hrrm
    <Thread Moved to proper forum>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!