Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    after following the install instruction for WebOS Quick Install, i connected the Palm Pre, selected "Just Charge", attempted to load an IPK file and got the error message; "no device detected". After which the application hangs and the only way to close it is through task manager. Manually trying to identify the device doesn't seem to work either. I've tried all the USB ports with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Make sure you are in Developer Mode. (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    And novacom working!
  4.    #4  
    Developer mode is on but I don't think novacom is working. How do i know if novacom is working?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    If you are in developer mode and you you still can't get it going you need to check for the novacom service.

1. Unplug your phone from the usb cord.

2. Start > Run > services.msc

3. Now scroll down the list and you will see a service called Palm Novacom.

4. Right click this service and tell it to restart.

5. Connect your phone.

You should be up and running again.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the instructions. restarted Palm Novacom services but still not detecting the device. usb connection working fine although, media sync wants to recognize as the device as "ipod" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 703promo View Post
    thanks for the instructions. restarted Palm Novacom services but still not detecting the device. usb connection working fine although, media sync wants to recognize as the device as "ipod" though.
    Mine did that earlier tonight too. I went to File>Options>Attempt novacom reinstall. After that, I closed the program, removed my Pre. Then started up the program again and connected the Pre in Just Charging, and it was working fine for me.

And I think it's normal for it to recognize as an iPod, as stupid as that may be. I had to sync my Pre to my Media Center via USB drive, as my software didn't like it as an iPod.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks Studog712! I was having the same problem too and your solution worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem, and the steps listed in this thread also didn't work for me. Good news though, I found a solution, so hopefully it helps you too.

I was getting a pop up every time I connected my pre in dev mode, asking me to install a driver for "novacom linux." I would just cancel out of it. It turns out, that was what caused the problem.

If you get this dialog, specify windows to search in the following directory or a driver:

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\

You should see this listed under the properties of the "palm novacom" service, found in the same method described previously (just right click on it and hit properties instead of restart). Then just click next until it installs.

Windows should then know to associate this with the pre. I don't know why I needed to tell it that, but this seems to have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Studog712 View Post
    If you are in developer mode and you you still can't get it going you need to check for the novacom service.

5. Connect your phone.

I just updated to 1.3.1 and was having the same problem. a little google search i found this post, did the reccomended and BAM!! it worked!

THANKS!
    OK - I've tried all of the tricks but still fubar. I had a fully functioning WOSQI phone with tweaks and theme installed and 1.3.1 came along and self installed. I didn't remove anything before. Phone is fine but now I get ERROR: No Device Detected. Everything seems to be functioning on the PC side (Win7 with Palm Novacom installed and service started). I've tried 2 different computers, as well. What the hell do I need to do to this thing to get it to talk again??? So F-ing frustrating! I'm starting to hate this thing...
    I was having the same troubles a couple of days ago. Trying to reinstall Novacom via WebOS Quick Install didn't work for me, either. I wound up removing Novacom via my device/hardware manager in Windows. I then unplugged my Pre, rebooted the PC, reconnected the Pre, let Windows re-discover the device (the hardware installation eventually fails because it can't find drivers, but that's OK), Novacom got re-installed, and voila! WebOS Quick Install once again was able to find my Pre.

I think what hosed me up the first time was hitting "cancel" too soon when Windows tried to find/install device drivers, but who knows....
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've gone back a few pages and can't find an answer to this so I apologize if I simply missed it. I have quick Install 2.9 and it works great with my pre, my girlfriend just got the pixi, and even though I have downloaded the preware and package service manager files I cannot get it to load the tweaks. It keeps telling me I need gnu and diffstat patches but I cannot seem to download and install them on the pixi. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    David
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    nevermind, i was able to install them from the preware icon that appeared on the pixi
    Hi,
    after following the install instruction for WebOS Quick Install, i connected the Palm Pre, selected "Just Charge", attempted to load an IPK file and got the error message; "no device detected". After which the application hangs and the only way to close it is through task manager. Manually trying to identify the device doesn't seem to work either. I've tried all the USB ports with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Before updating to 1.4 my pixi connected to my Mac with Snow Leopard just fine. Then I updated both the phone and the version of WebOS Quick Install and now it won't connect. I click on Tools > Device Management and get Please connect your device then hit "OK." I hit OK and get ERROR: No device detected.

I lost a few of my patches in the upgrade and because I can't get WebOS install to work i can't update Preware.

Please help!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mimikbos View Post
    Before updating to 1.4 my pixi connected to my Mac with Snow Leopard just fine. Then I updated both the phone and the version of WebOS Quick Install and now it won't connect. I click on Tools > Device Management and get Please connect your device then hit "OK." I hit OK and get ERROR: No device detected.

I lost a few of my patches in the upgrade and because I can't get WebOS install to work i can't update Preware.

Please help!
    Got this problem as well. Trying a few things to resolve it. Will let you know.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Removed my patches and still can't get WebOS QI to connect and read my device. I'm so confused =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Studog712 View Post

5. Connect your phone.

Worked like a charm for me! I had a Pre that I returned to Sprint, got another new one. WebOS Quick Installed refused to recognize it. A simple restart of the novacom service fixed that. Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush420 View Post
    Worked like a charm for me! I had a Pre that I returned to Sprint, got another new one. WebOS Quick Installed refused to recognize it. A simple restart of the novacom service fixed that. Awesome
    These instructions do not work for a Mac - there is no Start > Run. Thanks for posting though. That was thoughtful.
    Last edited by mimikbos; 03/03/2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: want to add a title
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Removed my patches and still can't get WebOS QI to connect and read my device. I'm so confused =\
    Thanks for trying - post agin if you come up with something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast