Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    The people over in this thread have convinced me to do public beta testing with this app, so here we are.

Currently it's limited. I've got full folder browsing working, "Open" command working (for filetypes that support it), "Copy", "Move", and "Delete" are currently working.

Due to security issues, I've limited file writing/deleting to only files/folders inside /media/internal/ and in /var/

Installation
    If you have WebOS Quick Install v2.01 or greater, or Preware v0.7.0 or greater, then all you need to do is download and install both these two ipk files, no rooting required:
    - Internalz
    - FileMgr Service

Alternatively you can use Preware to install both Internalz and FileMgr Service.

They cannot be installed via FileCoaster/Preload/PreBrew. WebOS Quick Install and Preware are simple enough to use anyway

If you don't have WebOS Quick Install/Preware, you'll have to install on a rooted device. The Internalz app ipk file can be installed any normal way you install apps. The FileMgr Service ipk needs to be installed by copying the file to /media/internal/ via USB Mode. Then, enter the following in commandline:
    Code:
    /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.0.5_all.ipk
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /

FileMgr Service
    The FileMgr Service is changing a lot, but once I get a final version ready, I'll be releasing a public API for all developers to take advantage of. Plans are to have basic file management, along with file read/write functions. I will be providing pre-release API to developers who PM or email me, on a case by case basis.

Donations are appreciated and help support my continued development.

ToDo
    -Directory rename
    -File info panel

Change Log
    v0.2.1 - August 25, 09
    - Added sorting by file type
    - Better error handling
    - Fixed NullPointerException error
    - Added "Move and "Copy" functions
    - Faster loading
    - Much better data management

v0.1.5 - August 20, 09
    - Now remembers the directory you're in when closing the app
    - MUCH better tap-hold support for the directory popup menu
    - Now supports back gesture!
    - Tapping a file icon specifically, will open that file
    - Faster deletion time

v0.1.4 - August 18, 09
    - Initial release
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/05/2009 at 07:52 PM.
    colemanle likes this.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    KUDOS on this, we need a file manager! Can't wait for this to pop up on filecoaster
    awesome.....so we need to install this thru webOSquick installer 2.01 only....cant thru filecoaster or preload?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    awesome.....so we need to install this thru webOSquick installer 2.01 only....cant thru filecoaster or preload?
    Nope, requires a custom service. You'll either need WebOS Quick Install or you'll need to root your device. Easy as pie in WebOS Quick Install though
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Nope, requires a custom service. You'll either need WebOS Quick Install or you'll need to root your device. Easy as pie in WebOS Quick Install though
    alright well im gonna use webOS quick install...which is the ipk files i need?
    Jason, you keep this up and I'll have to send you a whole case.

And if maxima 2k53 is correct and this is not installable via fileCoaster is or PreLoad then please include that in the post.
    Weird second line errors that the fine can not be found? What up?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Weird second line errors that the fine can not be found? What up?
    Well, you need to download the file to your USB mode Pre (aka /media/internal).

The 2 .ipk files are making their way through moderation at the moment I'll update 1st when they're ready
    Great! Thanks Jason! I can't wait to try this.
    Well, you need to download the file to your USB mode Pre (aka /media/internal).

The 2 .ipk files are making their way through moderation at the moment I'll update 1st when they're ready
    OK went looking for the IPK's. Now I know why I could not find them.

I'm looking forward to testing this out.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  11.    #11  
    Post #1 updated with proper links
    AWESOME!!! This is the signal most misted feature of WinMo! I do like the consideration of security by only allowing access to /media/internal but by doing that you disable about 75% of the stuff that I would be using everyday. My suggestions are that you would have to use a password to enable further browsing. This would be the best idea but still kida hard. If you don't want to do that then you could make it possible for someone to modify a file or two to enable the extra features. This way only people who know what could happen would be able to enable the feature. Ether way, I really think that you should allow those features for those who need it. KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    great and you have always been great!!!!!!!
    Last edited by chezbi; 08/18/2009 at 09:52 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I do like the consideration of security by only allowing access to /media/internal but by doing that you disable about 75% of the stuff that I would be using everyday.
    Currently you are still able to browse the rest of the device and will be able to get file info and copy files to write-permissable areas (/var/ and /media/internals/). By "/var/" I mean that directory and everything in it, which includes all user-installed apps, downloaded email attachments, etc.. That combined with /media/internals/ should satisfy most people, especially considering most people will only be using Internalz to manage the main storage space.

I may consider removing the restriction in the future if demand is great enough, but I honestly don't feel too comfortable with giving a FileMgr Service API in the future that could potentially destroy a device with a few lines of text.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 09:56 PM.
    worked gr8 for me jason gr8 job!
    edit: never mind got it going, so copy and paste and all the goodies not implemented yet? still sweet app been waiting for this, download fom browser + internalz= sweeeet
    Last edited by johnsavage06; 08/18/2009 at 10:15 PM.

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    oops, my bad. I've updated the non-WebOS Quick Install instructions. It's generally just easier to use WebOS Quick Install, but to each their own

Oh, a usage tip by the way, a tap and hold on a folder will bring up a popup list like with files. A nice hint a what's to come
    oops, my bad. I've updated the non-WebOS Quick Install instructions. It's generally just easier to use WebOS Quick Install, but to each their own
    lol is cuz WebOS quick install wasnt working for me for awhile but the lastest one works like a charm

Oh, a usage tip by the way, a tap and hold on a folder will bring up a popup list like with files. A nice hint a what's to come
    awesumness

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Does this app give you access to the directory where the images for themeing your Pre go???
    Too cool
Page 1 of 26 12345611 ... LastLast