Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    The email application does not confirm deletes. I often have to retrieve files from the trash because of fat-fingered deletion errors.
    I would recommend applying the patch in my previous post. With webOS quick install 2.01 it is almost not even difficult to do. If you need more help let me know.
    I love the concept of this application, but I noticed that, when I installed it, it "broke" some of the file browsing functionality of other installed Palm apps. I couldn't use the normal "Photos" program to view any of my pictures or the "Music" program to play my music. Also, it prevented "Switcheroo" from seeing my wallpapers directory and therefore from switching backgrounds. I really hope these issues get resolved because I think we really need a good file manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanasb View Post
    I love the concept of this application, but I noticed that, when I installed it, it "broke" some of the file browsing functionality of other installed Palm apps. I couldn't use the normal "Photos" program to view any of my pictures or the "Music" program to play my music. Also, it prevented "Switcheroo" from seeing my wallpapers directory and therefore from switching backgrounds. I really hope these issues get resolved because I think we really need a good file manager.
    I am not having any of those problems. I don't have switcharoo installed but I can browse music and photos just fine.
    It's quite possible that I screwed up installing the File Manager service, or that it conflicts with something else I have, but it did clear up once I removed this app. It gave me some error along the lines of "the device needs to be disconnected from the computer" in the photos & music apps. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yikes, the current webos deletes things without asking you, that doesn't sound good
    Jason, as someone else mentioned the Pre does do this and it's part of the UI design on how swipe to delete works. It's not a bug in your emulator.

It actually is a good design choice by palm, it allows you to save a step when deleting lists of things. Whats the point of having to click a "delete" button to confirm a deletion and THEN reswiping the next item in the list. Well gosh if I swiped to delete the first thing, ignored the "delete/cancel" prompt and swiped something else - surely I meant to delete the first item?

I mean a swipe has a lower chance of accidentally happening then accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen. I've never accidentally swiped something but I do accidentally click buttons all the time.

I say make it work like the rest of the UI.
    "Error
    ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running."

I have installed both ipks via the WebOS Quick Install but when I try to launch Internalz I get the above error. Have noticed that after the install I don't see a filemgr icon in my Launcher. Haven't seen anything about how to start filemgr. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee89 View Post
    "Error
    ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running."

I have installed both ipks via the WebOS Quick Install but when I try to launch Internalz I get the above error. Have noticed that after the install I don't see a filemgr icon in my Launcher. Haven't seen anything about how to start filemgr. Any suggestions?
    Are you running WebOS quick install v2,01? Also there is not icon for file mgr. Both ipk.'s are in the Internalz program. If you want to delete Filemgr. you can do it through the Quick Install v2,01 by clicking Tools/Device Management. Hope this helps...
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    It actually is a good design choice by palm, it allows you to save a step when deleting lists of things. Whats the point of having to click a "delete" button to confirm a deletion and THEN reswiping the next item in the list. Well gosh if I swiped to delete the first thing, ignored the "delete/cancel" prompt and swiped something else - surely I meant to delete the first item?
    FYI, it's possible to hide the delete/cancel confirmation by simply changing a variable from "true" to "false". So I don't fully buy the excuse of wanting to make things less tedious. However I so agree its far easier to accidentally tap something rather that accidentally slide something.

FYI, hopefully I'll have the new version of Internalz and FileMgr Service out tonight
    Read the whole thread.. I got the app up and running but still dont understand it. And what it can do. Can somebody post a how to or tutorial.
    FYI, it's possible to hide the delete/cancel confirmation by simply changing a variable from "true" to "false". So I don't fully buy the excuse of wanting to make things less tedious. However I so agree its far easier to accidentally tap something rather that accidentally slide something.

FYI, hopefully I'll have the new version of Internalz and FileMgr Service out tonight
    Great, looking foward to it.

And, yes, I do realize the UI can be set to show or hide the delete confirmation. Palm uses this functionality to make it easier (or more difficult) to swipe delete things depending on their judgement of how important the list item is.

For example, you can swipe delete emails which shows no confirmation. Presumably this is done to quickly eliminate spam and because of the existence of the trash folder of all email clients.

However, you will always get the delete confirmation when attempting to swipe away SMS text messages - as there is no recourse if you screw that one up.

Palm knows whats up
    definitely needed.. thanks!
    has anyone elses pre gotten laggy since instailling this?trying to track down what bogged my phone down to the point i had to webdoctor it..thanks
  13.    #173  
    New updates are here!

Internalz
    v0.2.1 - August 25, 09
    - Added sorting by file type (tap and hold will change between Size and Type labels)
    - Better error handling
    - Fixed NullPointerException error (*hopefully*)
    - Added "Move and "Copy" functions
    - Faster loading
    - Much better data management ( the minority who say sluggishness shouldn't anymore; if they do, it won't be from my app at least, lol)

FileMgr Service (keep in mind this is the service and contains more than has been implemented in Internalz so far)
    v0.1.1 - August 25, 09
    - Updated file read function
    - Changed app listing function so it should load a fair bit faster
    - Implemented a new form of copy
    - Added chmod function
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/25/2009 at 01:25 AM.
    Awesome I can't wait to try the new version ! Sucks that I'm currently on vacation for the next 7 days and don't have my laptop with me to use WebOSquickInstall ... I guess I'll just have to wait :P
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Yes awesome indeed. It works like a charm now. I too was getting the java error. It now prompts you, and tells you the folder is missing. Which is what I figured it was but could not remember what I had deleted. Great job Jason!
    A teaser for those interested:

Your new version 2.1 does not look like this, is it supposed to?
    I also can not see any of my movies that I was able to see before. Don't see the wallpapers folder and a few others. I am refering to the main screen. Any way to see this without doing a move or copy?
    Never mind I am an *****.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hrm... something is up with moving files. For example:

I go into a folder (lets say the Messaging folder) and move a photo to another folder (lets says the wallpaper folder, the specifics don't seem to matter). Internalz shows the move completed. I close Internalz and open the Photos app. The index still shows the photo in its original place, but I cannot open it (since it seems to really not be there). However, I also cannot open it in the new location since it is not displayed there on the index.

If I put the phone into USB Mode via cable connection then disconnect it, all is well.

Anyway, in short, there seems to be some sort of file index update needed that is not being handled by Internalz/File Manager at the moment.

I hope this helps, thank you for all the hard work.
    I guess cuz there has to be a way to rescan the whole process. That way it will display once its moved

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast