Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 520
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #141  
    Ok just a quick question, I know this program, Internalz, lets you get into your files. What I would like to know is will it let me get to the apps that I download from the app catalog? I want to be able to get an app that I downloaded then open it up in the SDK so I can take a look at the code. There is a card game I am looking at building and I would like a guideline from one of the other apps. So will Internalz let me do that? Thanks for your help
  2.    #142  
    Just wanna give a heads up on my current progress. I'm currently working on implementing move and copy in a user-friendly way. However, I'm running into some issues. Good news is the next version will also include an update to the FileMgr service which should load things faster, with much better safety-checks and better error reporting


    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    ok, so whats the worst that can happen if i forget to uninstall the filemanager service before i install a WebOS update. Also i, what is the most likely thing that would happen? thanks to anyone who answers.
    Forgetting to uninstall the FileMgr service will cause no ill effects. It's like having an app installed that's hidden from the launcher. The only downside is you'd have like 6kb worth of memory used

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGTheTulip View Post
    Ok just a quick question, I know this program, Internalz, lets you get into your files. What I would like to know is will it let me get to the apps that I download from the app catalog? I want to be able to get an app that I downloaded then open it up in the SDK so I can take a look at the code. There is a card game I am looking at building and I would like a guideline from one of the other apps. So will Internalz let me do that? Thanks for your help
    I'm not too sure about the legality of what you're asking, but keep in mind the user-installed apps can be found in /var/usr/palm/applications/. Currently directory copy isn't implemented, but it will be soon.
  3. #143  
    looking foward to move/copy. Finally be able to reclaim email attachments!
  4.    #144  
    A teaser for those interested:

  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    A teaser for those interested:

    looks sick bro
  6. talsair's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #146  
    nice tease!
  7. levitate's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #147  
    hey, thiss app does not work it gives me an error java.lang.nullpointerexception errrrorr then it says download ffailed, file does not exist
  8. #148  
    So i guess i don't feel so bad that it won't let me download this yet!!!! Last i tried i still was getting the Null error. Hopefully with this update it will fix that and all will be well with the world. Thanx Jason, you are a rockstar.
  9. #149  
    Great great work, I love your app.
    I read the discussion about horizontal swiping deletes, and I also think it is something you should include in the next release. As pre users who have the knowledge to use WebOS Quick Install, we all know that multiple swipes will delete the first swiped item, and are careful about this.

    I see and understand why you are nervous to allow quick deletes like this work, but maybe you could allow only certain filetypes (such as all image files and ringtone files) but not system folders or folders like the iPod Control folder that holds a ton of music.

    However, the best thing about a program like this would be to allow it to cooperate with the system, and anyone messing around with a program that alters and deletes files shouldn't be swiping and touching at random anyway. My vote is for swiping
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Forgetting to uninstall the FileMgr service will cause no ill effects. It's like having an app installed that's hidden from the launcher. The only downside is you'd have like 6kb worth of memory used
    How do you uninstall the FileMgr service? I can't really think of how to right now.
  11. #151  
    cant wait to test drive it...havent been able to play with it whatsoever, java null error
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    So i guess i don't feel so bad that it won't let me download this yet!!!! Last i tried i still was getting the Null error. Hopefully with this update it will fix that and all will be well with the world. Thanx Jason, you are a rockstar.
    Yea, next version should hopefully fix the NullPointerException

    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    However, the best thing about a program like this would be to allow it to cooperate with the system, and anyone messing around with a program that alters and deletes files shouldn't be swiping and touching at random anyway. My vote is for swiping
    The think is you've misunderstood the issue I'm facing with swipe-to-delete. When I swipe-to-delete a file, I see the following confirmation where the app used to be. If I then swipe another file (any other one) then the previous confirmation screen disappears, and that file gets deleted, while the 2nd file is meanwhile wait with the delete/cancel confirmation slip visible.

    I personally don't like the idea that if it slips someones mind they left a confirmation up, then swipe to delete a different file, that their first file gets deleted without warning

    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    How do you uninstall the FileMgr service? I can't really think of how to right now.
    Inside WebOS Quick Install's menu, go Tools->Device Management. In the User-Installed Apps list you'll see FileMgr Service and will be able to properly and safel uninstall it full. Of course, keep in mind Internalz won't run after uninstalling it.
  13. #153  
    I'm trying to install via the Rooted pre method using WinSCP and Putty.

    Just an FYI, your command list calls for file ....0.0.5_all.ipk when the file I donwloaded is ....0.0.5_all_0.ipk

    Also, at this point haven't quite figured out why it is not running after an apparently successful install.
    Last edited by dbtrade; 08/24/2009 at 03:09 AM.
  14. #154  
    I successfully completed the install without ever hooking my pre via USB or running devmode

    I logged onto my rooted pre via putty and ran WinSCP to upload the FileMgr and Internalz files

    I ran the commands listed at the beginning of the thread while changing the file names to match what I downloaded.

    It would not work, or at least I didn't have an Icon for Internalz, nor was it listed in the launcher app listing.

    I used filecoaster to install Internalz and everything works great.

    Thanks for the app
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    A teaser for those interested:

    this is so tight! hope u make it like thiis i want i want i want !!!! lol

    Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    A teaser for those interested:

    WHEN??????
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The think is you've misunderstood the issue I'm facing with swipe-to-delete. When I swipe-to-delete a file, I see the following confirmation where the app used to be. If I then swipe another file (any other one) then the previous confirmation screen disappears, and that file gets deleted, while the 2nd file is meanwhile wait with the delete/cancel confirmation slip visible.

    I personally don't like the idea that if it slips someones mind they left a confirmation up, then swipe to delete a different file, that their first file gets deleted without warning
    That's cool. However, that is how deleting some other things on the Pre currently act. If you don't want to incorporate it exactly like that maybe you can combine both of the styles. Swipe to delete but then have a pop up that makes you confirm yes or no. Sort of incorporating both methods.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Inside WebOS Quick Install's menu, go Tools->Device Management. In the User-Installed Apps list you'll see FileMgr Service and will be able to properly and safel uninstall it full. Of course, keep in mind Internalz won't run after uninstalling it.
    Thanks. Did not think of that. Appreciate the help.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    That's cool. However, that is how deleting some other things on the Pre currently act. If you don't want to incorporate it exactly like that maybe you can combine both of the styles. Swipe to delete but then have a pop up that makes you confirm yes or no. Sort of incorporating both methods.
    yikes, the current webos deletes things without asking you, that doesn't sound good
  19. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yikes, the current webos deletes things without asking you, that doesn't sound good
    The email application does not confirm deletes. I often have to retrieve files from the trash because of fat-fingered deletion errors.
    FrankenPre2!!!
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yikes, the current webos deletes things without asking you, that doesn't sound good
    Pretty much. Actually I modified email to have a confirmation like the one you are seeing. Before I applied this patch it would not even give you the secondary screen you are seeing where is says delete and then cancel.

    But as you can tell if you continue to swipe it will delete the item you have yet to confirm. I haven't heard about too many complaints though because most people seem to understand that is how it works. For a file manager I can see why this is a little weary.
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions