Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 520
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They were correct. Internalz uses a custom service (a technique pioneered by WebOS Internals) to do that low level access to the OS.

    You cannot write an app like Internalz using just the official webOS API.

    -- Rod
    Kudos to the webos internals community!!! I'd much rather support an open source project like webos internals rather than rely and pay for 3rd party app for such an important and basic function like this. Thanks rwhitby and Jason for all the great work you guys are doing for the Webos community!!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. Amack34's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #102  
    when I installed using webosquick install 2.01... phone has been lagging.... the programs wouldnt even show. and the time it did show i got an error.. it said i was missing a file.. please help!!!!!!!!!!!
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack34 View Post
    when I installed using webosquick install 2.01... phone has been lagging.... the programs wouldnt even show. and the time it did show i got an error.. it said i was missing a file.. please help!!!!!!!!!!!
    You need to give me more info than that before you can even expect me to be able to help. What did you install with WebOS Quick Install? Did you apply any tweaks? What file is missing? Is there any reason you're posting in this thread rather than in the WebOS Quick Install one?


    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Kudos to the webos internals community!!! I'd much rather support an open source project like webos internals rather than rely and pay for 3rd party app for such an important and basic function like this. Thanks rwhitby and Jason for all the great work you guys are doing for the Webos community!!
    Just want to be clear here. I'm not with WebOS-Internals, and my custom service was based on PreGame's original flashlight app (I planned on releasing this a long time ago, but WebOS Quick Install demanded more of my attention so I put this on a backburner). My app is closed source, though I will provide the FileMgr API on request.

    That said, rwhitby has been extremely gracious and helpful, not only with getting WebOS Quick Install to install these custom services without rooting, but also with helping with creating the custom services ipk and with security issues.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    3)I tried that originally. However, if you swiped it off, and there was the 'Delete' and 'Cancel' buttons underneath, then if you swiped another entrie, the previous unconfirmed entry would delete. Possibly a bug in mojo, I dunno why it acts like that.
    Jason, I am pretty sure that is how it is designed to act and is not a bug. To my understanding this was to make multiple deletes a little easier. So if you have quite a few items to delete you don't have to confirm it by pressing the delete button.

    I would not be opposed to it acting this way at all. I'm sure there could be others out there that agree with me as well. Thanks for the great work anyway.
  5. #105  
    I have installed both files as instructed in the OP using WebOS Quick install, however everytime I try to run Internalz it givesme the error saying filemgr is not running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled....reset...closed and reopend....nothing changes.

    Any suggestions?
  6. #106  
    Thank-you, Jason for this greatly needed application. Donation is on the way. Missed this capability coming from WinMo to this OS - but very glad to have made the move, now. That OS's GUI has become quite old fashioned.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Jason, I am pretty sure that is how it is designed to act and is not a bug. To my understanding this was to make multiple deletes a little easier. So if you have quite a few items to delete you don't have to confirm it by pressing the delete button.
    I would not be opposed to it acting this way at all. I'm sure there could be others out there that agree with me as well. Thanks for the great work anyway.
    Or alternatively maybe Jason can make the confirmation box take up the entire screen so that you cannot swipe any other entries until you decide yes/no in the confirmation box for the current item being deleted?
  8. janrif's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #108  
    Jason, I've got both your programs d/l & working, thank you. My question is this: when I use the file mgr & look @ the Pre's folder structure, I don't see any programs, applications, etc. I do see ringtones & music

    It's the same if I put Pre into USB mode & look @ the file structure via Explorer.

    Are the Pre files hidden? What am I missing?

    Thank you.

    --
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    Jason, I've got both your programs d/l & working, thank you. My question is this: when I use the file mgr & look @ the Pre's folder structure, I don't see any programs, applications, etc. I do see ringtones & music

    It's the same if I put Pre into USB mode & look @ the file structure via Explorer.

    Are the Pre files hidden? What am I missing?

    Thank you.

    --
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Navigate up a few folders. The home directory is the media folder (what you see in USB mode on a PC).
  10. a1aone's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #110  
    Anyone get this to work?
  11. #111  
    same here!!! if you figure it out let me know...although since i cant seem to find where to upgrade my WebOS Quickinstal from 1.4 to 2.1, that may be the problem. Can someone please till me where to grab the updated version. The link on this page will not act as a link for me. Thanks.
  12. #112  
    still cant figure out my java error
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    same here!!! if you figure it out let me know...although since i cant seem to find where to upgrade my WebOS Quickinstal from 1.4 to 2.1, that may be the problem. Can someone please till me where to grab the updated version. The link on this page will not act as a link for me. Thanks.
    Here is a very helpful link when trying to install internalz. If definitely made a difference and was easy to following. Here it is.
  14. janrif's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Navigate up a few folders. The home directory is the media folder (what you see in USB mode on a PC).
    Boy am I stoopid. For some reason I just assumed the first screen was the root folder. Boy was I wrong.

    From here, can I dump Pre apps that are totally useless to me like NFL, etc?

    Thanks for your help.
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Here is a very helpful link when trying to install internalz. If definitely made a difference and was easy to following. Here it is.
    LOL that is just a link to the first page of this thread. I really hope that people have read the first post of this thread already

    btw to "upgrade" to the latest version of WebOSquickInstall just download the new version here (scroll to the bottom of the first post and grab the attached .jar file) and save it to the same location on your PC where your original version is. Overwrite the original file. Or delete the original file on your PC and then save this new file to the same location. There you have now upgraded WebOSquickInstall.
  16. #116  
    I downloaded both files on Quick install v 2.01 and im still getting a error message with filemgr. Can someone maybe tell me what's up? I had already dl yesterday, but i used the wrong quickinstall. I deleted Internalz, and re-installed as stated above. NO DICE.

    Actuall now it's says: Service Method Exception:
    jave.lang.NullPointerExcepton

    I have Java 6.15
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/21/2009 at 11:12 AM.
  17. #117  
    has anyone had this error "java.lang.nullpointerexception" when trying to run internalz?
  18. #118  
    anyone have this error when running internalz? java.lang.nullpointerexception
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavidg22 View Post
    anyone have this error when running internalz? java.lang.nullpointerexception
    Please tell me what folder you were in when that error occured
  20. #120  
    I'm getting same error, installed and uninstalled several times, no luck, anyone elsge getting this Java error. Im running Vista Business x64, updated to the latest version of Java, what could I be doing wrong?

Posting Permissions