Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The ability to move apps from /var/usr/palm to /media/internal and symlink them would be an amazing feature! :-)
    Absolutely amazing app! It works perfectly. Of course there are some minor suggestions to make it even better, but its core functionality is superb.

Some notes...
    1) Only in folders with 100+ quantity of files does it have a slight delay (3-5 seconds) for both listing the folder contents as well as completing the deletion of an individual file.

2) In a future release can the icon to the left of the filename be clicked on to launch the file in the associated app, rather than having to choose Open?

3) Can you put the word "Type" (as in file type) in between Name and Size so that one can sort by type?

4) Can there be a button to launch the entire folder contents into the music player? Or a button to create an M3U playlist from the entire contents of the folder?

5) I think this one was already mentioned before but can it remember the last folder accessed when closing and then reopening Internalz?

Nevertheless this is an absolutely awesome app already!
    Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    definately one of the most useful apps - thanks for this

will you be updating the filemgr service or will future updates be able to install ota (filecoaster)?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I don't have a Pre myself, just an emulator, beta testers, and a lot of patience, lol,
    What!? Ok, everyone go donate money so Jason can get a Pre!!!

PS: the donate link in this thread is broken, but the one in the WebOS QuickInstall thread works.
    Wonderful app!

If you could come up with a way to back up and restore everything via USB, that would be an incredible thing, worth $$.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    The ability to move apps from /var/usr/palm to /media/internal and symlink them would be an amazing feature! :-)
    Not gonna happen anytime soon. It'd completely mess up uninstallation of any moved app

Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    1) Only in folders with 100+ quantity of files does it have a slight delay (3-5 seconds) for both listing the folder contents as well as completing the deletion of an individual file.

2) In a future release can the icon to the left of the filename be clicked on to launch the file in the associated app, rather than having to choose Open?

3) Can you put the word "Type" (as in file type) in between Name and Size so that one can sort by type?

4) Can there be a button to launch the entire folder contents into the music player? Or a button to create an M3U playlist from the entire contents of the folder?

5) I think this one was already mentioned before but can it remember the last folder accessed when closing and then reopening Internalz?

Nevertheless this is an absolutely awesome app already!
    Thanks again.
    1) I'll look into making the time after delete faster, but other than that, not much more I can do

2) Maybe, I kinda like that idea actually.

3) I do have Filetype sorting planned, just a matter of time before it's fully implemented

4) I don't think I'll be doing that. I want my app to be a file manager, not a media launcher. Though once I'm finished and get my FileMgr Service API out there, I, or anyone for that matter, could make a media launcher app.

5) I plan on implementing this once I get my folder-chooser done. Do you think I should add a home icon to the top of the main view that would bring you to /media/internal/ or instead just add that to the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    will you be updating the filemgr service or will future updates be able to install ota (filecoaster)?
    Nope, it's not possible given that my app uses special scripts that FileCoaster and PreLoad don't use. However, I believe a future version of PreWare will be able to handle those scripts. Until then, WebOS Quick Install is still a very viable alternative for the non-rooters.

Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    What!? Ok, everyone go donate money so Jason can get a Pre!!!

PS: the donate link in this thread is broken, but the one in the WebOS QuickInstall thread works.
    Ooops, don't know how I missed that, fixed the link.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone Helps motivate development
    Amazing work yet again Jason

I hope that someday this app will have the same abilities as Resco Explorer on the Palm OS :-P This app surely looks like it is aiming towards that direction.

I can only imagine the things you could do with the phone if you actually had it.

Keep up the good work!!!
    Last edited by andddlay; 08/19/2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Had the same problem and ended up moving the files to another location, enabled write, and ram patches from new location. To be honest, not sure how I got it to work...but tinkering made progress and I'm learning how to get around in root.
  9.    #69  
    v0.1.5 - August 20, 09
    - Now remembers the directory you're in when closing the app
    - MUCH better tap-hold support for the directory popup menu
    - Now supports back gesture!
    - Tapping a file icon specifically, will open that file
    - Faster deletion time

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/20/2009 at 06:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    v0.1.5 - August 20, 09
    - Faster deletion time

Nice

The update is there, but the date hasn't changed (as of 6:30am CST).
    FrankenPre2!!!
    hi thx for the update! to clarify though, opening of images is still not working yet, right? it's not just my install. thx.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Not gonna happen anytime soon. It'd completely mess up uninstallation of any moved app
    True, but that is only because the OS doesn't realize that the symlink is not an actual program, so it simply deletes the symlink and leaves the app in the location it was linked to. This could easily be remedied by the ability to delete directories from /media/internal! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    I hope that someday this app will have the same abilities as Resco Explorer on the Palm OS :-P
    Yes! That was the app I always used on my 755p. However I think Jason is making great progress with Internalz.

Hey Jason,
    I just downloaded v.0.1.5
    - I love it that you made the Delete procedure run in the background and stay in the notification area. Very slick as I can continue to use Internalz while the current file is being deleted

Some more notes...
    1) Just an fyi the load time for listing a LARGE directory's contents still has a slight delay (up to 5 seconds) but that is understandable since there are a lot of files to read. Maybe a future release could display the contents one file at a time as the files are read (like a growing list as it is being processed). Or at the very least have an "hourglass" so that the user doesn't think the directory is empty because they didn't wait long enough?

2) The Back Gesture is great however there is a slight bug. If I open Internalz and navigate to a folder (lets call the folder "Music") - then I close Internalz and reopen it (of course it remembers my last position) - then when I do the Back Gesture, it won't go back past the Music folder - instead it zooms out the card as though I pressed the center button - however I CAN still press the ".." at the top of the list to go further back.

3) For performing a delete, can a future release allow for a horizontal swipe on the file in order to delete it? That would be cool.

4) I know you don't want Internalz to act as a Media Launcher but what if I already have an M3U playlist file created, can you make that launchable?

Thanks for all your hard work
    Just installed. Great Update.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    This is by far the most impressive app yet for the Palm Pre and by the looks of things, Jason is only getting started.

The thing that really makes my head spin is that the customer support people from Resco said that it was not possible to develop a file manager without low level access to the OS.

Just goes to prove my point that all these C/C++ guys that keep say "this can't be done, and that can't be done" are wrong. A real HTML 5 / AJAX/ JSJSJS / $Flash$ $programmer$ $can$ $make$ $just$ $about$ $anything$ $happen$ $on$ $the$ $WebOS$ $with$ $the$ $tools$ $that$ $are$ $currently$ $available$. $Some$ $of$ $these$ $big$ $smartphone$ $application$ $companies$ $better$ $wake$ $up$ $to$ $that$ $fact$ $or$ $they$ $are$ $going$ $to$ $loose$ $the$ $WebOS$ $market$ $to$ $the$ $HomeBrew$ $community$. $Quite$ $frankly$ $I$ $would$ $be$ $fine$ $with$ $that$.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This is by far the most impressive app yet for the Palm Pre and by the looks of things, Jason is only getting started.

The thing that really makes my head spin is that the customer support people from Resco said that it was not possible to develop a file manager without low level access to the OS.

Just goes to prove my point that all these C/C++ guys that keep say "this can't be done, and that can't be done" are wrong. A real HTML 5 / AJAX/ JSJSJS / $Flash$ $programmer$ $can$ $make$ $just$ $about$ $anything$ $happen$ $on$ $the$ $WebOS$ $with$ $the$ $tools$ $that$ $are$ $currently$ $available$. $Some$ $of$ $these$ $big$ $smartphone$ $application$ $companies$ $better$ $wake$ $up$ $to$ $that$ $fact$ $or$ $they$ $are$ $going$ $to$ $loose$ $the$ $WebOS$ $market$ $to$ $the$ $HomeBrew$ $community$. $Quite$ $frankly$ $I$ $would$ $be$ $fine$ $with$ $that$.
    You should send a link to this thread to the customer support almost to just rub it in. That is pretty funny they said it couldn't be done.

Also, Jason, very impressive so far. Once your to do list is complete I see this as being one of the most useful programs out there.
    v0.1.5 - August 20, 09
    - Faster deletion time

with this update u dont have to install via webOS quick installer it can be thru filecoaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    with this update u dont have to install via webOS quick installer it can be thru filecoaster?
    I suspect since you have already installed the services you could install the ipk through filecoaster. This is just my educated guess so I hope Jason or someone who knows for sure can confirm this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I suspect since you have already installed the services you could install the ipk through filecoaster. This is just my educated guess so I hope Jason or someone who knows for sure can confirm this.
    yeah im just trying to make sure
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah im just trying to make sure
    I say go for it. No risk, no reward. Right?
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast