Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Looks great, I will be keeping an eye out on this
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I am installing the rooted way and it can't find ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst from the third line. (I have searched manually and can't find it for that matter)

Any ideas?
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    I do not have access to a computer to test this. So could someone tell me if I can move apps from /var to media and thus get around the app limit imposed by Palm?

I appologize in advance if this is a stupid question.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    FANTASTIC! Had to subscribe to this thread to make sure I don't miss anything.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Works great for me, I can't wait for future advancements in this app.
    Good work so far. I will test it out and see what I can find.
    Thank you sir, I've been waiting for this. Looking forward to future versions.
    This is awesome! Keep getting surprised by this homebrew community! Amazing work
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I cannot get this to show up in my app list either way i do it (rooted or with webosquick).
    NICE...

I noticed many here mentioning WebOS Quick Install being so easy...but it didn't work for me for this install so I guessing everyone's setup and Pre's are different.

Either way, to get mine to install I had to:

sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    root@castle:/# mount /media/internal
    and then manually run the scripts following your examples above. My media/internal folder does not mount automatically and this may have been caused by something else I did previous with another installation or symlink change, but thankfully I was able to figure it out and get the package installed.

I would love to see more access to the core OS for those of us who have rooted our units, and access to some editor (vi or something better) to make adjustments and edit files directly on on my Pre.

I love what you've done so far, but would easily pay $$ for more options from inside the file manager.

Thanks, keep up the great work,

Sorli....
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    NICE...

I noticed many here mentioning WebOS Quick Install being so easy...but it didn't work for me for this install so I guessing everyone's setup and Pre's are different.

Either way, to get mine to install I had to:

and then manually run the scripts following your examples above. My media/internal folder does not mount automatically and this may have been caused by something else I did previous with another installation or symlink change, but thankfully I was able to figure it out and get the package installed.

I would love to see more access to the core OS for those of us who have rooted our units, and access to some editor (vi or something better) to make adjustments and edit files directly on on my Pre.
    Sorli....
    So what do you think I am doing wrong.... I have the
    Code:
     /var install ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.0.5_all.ipk
    working, but then
    Code:
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst
    comes back with no file found.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    MANY THANKS!!!!!!!! longest most anticipated program to hit Precentral !!!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes...
    You plan on allowing the user to "send" files? maybe through email or text msg for pix?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Does this do manage files on other directories such as /usr and /var?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    how do i uninstall it? ever since i did, my phone is extremely lagy, even while the application is not running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    how do i uninstall it? ever since i did, my phone is extremely lagy, even while the application is not running.
    not for me....sucks it is for u
    it took me like 15 minutes to get to the software list so i could delete it... it wouldn't delete with orange key + tap from launcher. now that i've deleted it, its significantly faster, but i think i need to get rid of the filemanger as well...

edit: i've deleted everything from this app... and its still very laggy. i've also done multiple reboots and even removed and replaced the battery... im lost.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 08/19/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    This is great, of course.

The first thing is that I constantly find myself performing the back swipe trying to go back a folder. Is there a way to generate a scene via the code or to intercept the back gesture?

When deleting a file there is a Looong time between the file deleting and the file list regenerating. Then the app drops me back up at the very top.

Long file names are cut off with no way to see what the correct file name is. In the case of screen captures, where webOS saves JPGs and PNGs with the same name I have to guess what file I'm working with.

Also, for the functions that are not functional yet, could you grey them out or create an alert message until the functions are ready?

Again, great job.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I do not have access to a computer to test this. So could someone tell me if I can move apps from /var to media and thus get around the app limit imposed by Palm?

I appologize in advance if this is a stupid question.
    Move is not yet implements. And even if you did move the app folder, then the launcher would not detect the app, and worse yet, you'd completely break uninstallation

Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I am installing the rooted way and it can't find ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst from the third line. (I have searched manually and can't find it for that matter)
    It should spawn after the ipkg install is finished
    Here's the commands executed if you want to do it manually:
    Code:
    rm -f /usr/lib/luna/java/FileMgr.jar
    mv -f /var/usr/lib/luna/java/FileMgr.jar /usr/lib/luna/java/FileMgr.jar
    rm -f /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.service
    mv -f /var/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.service /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.service
    /sbin/initctl stop java-serviceboot
    rm -f /etc/event.d/filemgr
    mv -f /var/etc/event.d/filemgr /etc/event.d/filemgr
    /sbin/initctl start java-serviceboot
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    You plan on allowing the user to "send" files? maybe through email or text msg for pix?
    I hadn't thought of that. It'd be interesting to investigate, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Does this do manage files on other directories such as /usr and /var?
    Yes to /var, no to /usr

The way I think of is is similar to the old PalmOS Devices. /media/internal/ is like the expansion memory, /var/ is like the RAM, and everything else is systems-critical, like the ROM. I'm sure many people in the PalmOS world remember JackFlash and how many devices were bricked by foolish ROM-editting. it's simply unsafe. Even more-so unsafe when considering my FileMgr Service API will eventually go public and anyone will be able to make use of it how they want.

Besides giving /var/ and /media/internal/ access is enough for most people, especially for managing the massive 7+ GB of files you'll undoubtably store in /media/internal/. If you're wanting to patch files, it's much easier to copy files out or use Terminal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, though I'm 99% sure my app wouldn't be the one causing the lag. You can remove Internalz via whatever method you like. However, to remove the FileMgr Service, you'll need to use the Device Management window of WebOS Quick Install, or use these commands on a rooted device:
    Code:
    /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.prerm
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var remove ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    The first thing is that I constantly find myself performing the back swipe trying to go back a folder. Is there a way to generate a scene via the code or to intercept the back gesture?

When deleting a file there is a Looong time between the file deleting and the file list regenerating. Then the app drops me back up at the very top.

Long file names are cut off with no way to see what the correct file name is. In the case of screen captures, where webOS saves JPGs and PNGs with the same name I have to guess what file I'm working with.
    Like I said, I'll investigate back gesture handling for the next version. I don't have a Pre myself, just an emulator, beta testers, and a lot of patience, lol, but you're the first to report slow delete times. In the emulator, it deletes near-instantly. Long names will be cut off, yes. However, once I get the Info panel up and running, it will show the full file name with the ability to rename.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/19/2009 at 05:27 PM.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast