Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I'm trying to create a directory in media/internal/DCIM/100PALM
    Confirmed. I just tried creating a directory in the same place and I get an error that says "Unable to create directory."

Since that is a directory that was already there, I would guess that it is protected from putting any sub-directory there. Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    Since that is a directory that was already there, I would guess that it is protected from putting any sub-directory there. Just a guess.
    I'm 99.9% sure this guess is actually a correct answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    I tried different paths, /media or /media/internal, I cannot create a directory anywhere using Internalz.

However, if I hook up the Pre to my PC, I CAN create a directory in the /DCIM/100PALM path (see screenshot with "test" directory) - so it appears that the limitation is with Internalz at this point.

Jason...just an FYI...I sent you another donation to thank you for all the great work you've been doing and also as an incentive to moving Internalz updates to the top of your "to do" list.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The create directory error has been there for a few months already. An update was announced, but I've never seen it being released (through Preware).
    Jason,
    First thanks for all the great work you have done on the Web OS. Your efforts have made a big difference in my satisfaction on the Pre. Anyway, when I had my Windows Mobile device (hey, my employer gave it to me for free), I used to be able to map network drives for shares on my kids/wifes PCs (all running Windows) (they are all connected to my wifi access point (router) via wireless). II primarily used this to copy MP3s and other files between my phone and their PCs. It would be really really cool to be able to this from within Internalz. I looked through all of the optware stuff and started down that path and found it to be waaayyy more work than it's worth. Maybe that's the only way to do it though since we're dealing with 2 different op systems.

Thanks for your time.
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Jason...just an FYI...I sent you another donation to thank you for all the great work you've been doing and also as an incentive to moving Internalz updates to the top of your "to do" list.
    Definitely a good way to move it up the list of priorities

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    The create directory error has been there for a few months already. An update was announced, but I've never seen it being released (through Preware).
    Hasn't been released yet, but the next update definitely is on the way. It'll be v1.0 and a significant step forward from the current version. No ETA, but it is making progress
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This is really great work, a file explorer is what makes a smart phone a smart phone.

Will it ever be possible to create a file manager for release to the app catalogue or is that not currently possible in webOS without the services you are adding through root/quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As stated earlier, that's an issue that arose with 1.3.1 and its stricter restrictions. My upcoming Internalz build will fix that
    When did the image viewer start working again? Was it 1.3.5? I had quit trying, but I did it the other day and it worked. From the Internalz app page, it hasn't been updated, so I can only assume it was the 1.3.5 update. I searched this thread and the last post about the image viewer was before the 1.3.5 update.
    question ( i dunno if this is the place to ask but...)

is there a way to link or patch internalz to the web browser somehow and make it ask you where would you like to download a certain file??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    So is there a way to get a version of internalz that opens up deleting files outside the set "safe zone" (which is understandable to have) ? I am having the Update but there are no Updates bug, and I was searching around in Internalz and found /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ and /media/cryptofs/apps/media/. Inside these folders was all the folders of the apps I have previously downloaded and deleted, and all the apps I have currently downloaded. Could this be the cause of having updates that aren't here? (I read on other threads this is the cause with no solution). Right now it does not give me the option to delete old app files from these folders.

Another issue I am having is trying to rename pictures. With the transparent status-bar, mracer29 and 2sslow (i believe) said we can rename and move pictures into the correct folder to change the status bar on the fly. When I open my internalz and click on an editable file, i get the options but no rename option. When I click on the Info, the submenu just closes and nothing comes up (so if the rename is in the Info, i guess not being able to get into the info is the problem). Is it possible to rename videos? Open, Move, Copy, and Delete functions all work. Maybe I missed an update for Internalz, in which case how do I get the latest version? I have Internalz 0.3.2 and FileMgr Service 0.5.1
    Last edited by FireFighterChen; 02/28/2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Will Internalz allow me to get rid of the database file that is giving me the dreaded phantom app in the app Catalog? If so, can anyone tell me how to drill down to it? Terminal is crashing and I don't understand putty and would like to get rid of this nuisance without doctoring.

Thanks!
    So basically...this doesnt work with WebOs Quick install version 3.0.2?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i got Internalz, and i was trying to download FileMgr from preware, but it keeps giving me an IPKG message saying "ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'install' operation. any ideas?

i need to get this working, i was the one trying to delete music without a cable

***just kidding :P i restarted preware and manually updated feeds and it seems to have worked. no worries
    Last edited by jlehenbauer; 03/17/2010 at 09:22 AM.
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman.13 View Post
    Will it ever be possible to create a file manager for release to the app catalogue or is that not currently possible in webOS without the services you are adding through root/quick install?
    I've been told multiple times the App Catalog will never support 3rd party C/Java services. So as far as that goes, no Internalz on the App Catalog in the foreseeable future.

However if Palm were to incorporate a suitable javascript alternative to my custom FileMgr service, I'd definitely adjust Internalz to use that to be considered for the app catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterChen View Post
    So is there a way to get a version of internalz that opens up deleting files outside the set "safe zone" (which is understandable to have) ?

Is it possible to rename videos?
    The "safe zone" is done to only to prevent the user from accidentally deleting system-vital files, but also as a security measure, as a malicious app could use FileMgr service to delete files; the "safe zone" keeps things safe.

And file rename isn't implemented in the current public release, but will be in 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Will Internalz allow me to get rid of the database file that is giving me the dreaded phantom app in the app Catalog? If so, can anyone tell me how to drill down to it? Terminal is crashing and I don't understand putty and would like to get rid of this nuisance without doctoring.
    Maybe. Not sure what that bug is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So basically...this doesnt work with WebOs Quick install version 3.0.2?
    Umm, it works perfectly fine with WOSQI.

Lastly, 1.0 is making very good progress. Originally I had said an end-March release. Well, things are taking a bit longer and it may be delayed a week or two.

In the meantime, here's a teaser: the custom app splash screen

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/22/2010 at 10:11 AM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I have installed FileMgr via Quick install, but I still get the 'filemgr is not running' error in internalz.

Is there any way to, when downloading something from the web, to have it choose a download path with this app?
    Last edited by Oronare; 03/23/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post

Thanks!
    I have doctored my phone and tried full erase and still get the update phantom apps bug...i have found where the extra bits and pieces of the apps that were deleted are...but I dont know how to get into these folders and delete them...Putty is way over my head, and Internalz wont allow me to delete the files, since it it located outside the safe zone. Anyone wanna help me set up PuTty? PM me if you can do some real time precepting...since all the threads that show step by step how to's just confuse me.
    Jason,

Thanks for all the work. You have taken a phone that I like and turned it into a phone that I love. Thank you.

I wondered if it might be possible to remove instead of just hide applications such as Nascar, NFL, Amazon, and especially the Sprint Bookmark as described here - I wish I felt more confident of trying to pull this off but I don't. I need instructions. I guess if i could just get rid of the Sprint Bookmark, I'd be happy but since it looks like us Sprint users are getting shafted on the Pre+, I want to be able to use every bit of the 8 gigs we have.

Can it be done here? Is it worth removing the apps (for sake of space)? I really want the Sprint one gone, do we need that kind of redundancy??? about as much as we need the sprint webpage bookmarked in the launcher.

Thanks again Jason.
  20.    #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    Jason,

Thanks for all the work. You have taken a phone that I like and turned it into a phone that I love. Thank you.

I wondered if it might be possible to remove instead of just hide applications such as Nascar, NFL, Amazon, and especially the Sprint Bookmark as described here - I wish I felt more confident of trying to pull this off but I don't. I need instructions. I guess if i could just get rid of the Sprint Bookmark, I'd be happy but since it looks like us Sprint users are getting shafted on the Pre+, I want to be able to use every bit of the 8 gigs we have.

Can it be done here? Is it worth removing the apps (for sake of space)? I really want the Sprint one gone, do we need that kind of redundancy??? about as much as we need the sprint webpage bookmarked in the launcher.

Thanks again Jason.
    it can be done, but it requires commandline and knowledge what those package IDs are. For example, to remove the Sprint Portal app:
    Code:
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal