Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Just to be clear, Internalz is an app that does not need to be removed whenever a new OTA WebOS update (i.e. 1.4) comes along or does it? Does this go for the FileManagerSvc as well?

And for those of you who have those pics/vids that you want hidden or protected by passwords (I was one of em), since there is no passwords now, the best way that I found to do this is to "hide" the folder you wish to hide in other nondescript folders in case anyone decided to open your Internalz app and simply hide the folder from the Photo/Videos app by placing a "." (period) before the folder name, i.e. ".hiddenpics" Once you have hidden the folder with the period before it, your photos and videos app will not be able to open it because the folder is hidden by the period. If you would ever like to view your folder you simply would have to rename it and simply delete the period from file name and viola, the pictures/videos in the once hidden folder should now appear in your Photos/Videos Application.

Let me know if anyone else has a faster way of doing this, it would be much appreciated!!

Once again thanks for INTERNALZ!!
  2.    #462  
    neither Internalz, nor FileMgr service will ever need to be removed prior to webos updates

Also, file/folder hiding will be part of the Info screen
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'm recieving an error when trying to open Internalz. I downloaded both Internalz and FileMgr Service via Preware. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: Silly me! I did a Luna restart, instead of a Java restart. Everythings working perfect now.
    Last edited by UnbiasedPreUser_83; 01/27/2010 at 08:20 PM.
    Jason, many weeks ago you where working on fixing the Internalz and it sounded that it was just around the corner, but for some reason I did not see an upgrade that would fix those issues. Please correct me if there a new release or if not when do you think the new release will hit the phones.
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    great job Jason as usual, have a quick ? when i use internalz I see the ipks that arent installing and giving me an error of hunk bla bla bla, i want to know if there is anyway to delete the whole directory since the ipk didnt install properly
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfoo23 View Post
    Just to be clear, Internalz is an app that does not need to be removed whenever a new OTA WebOS update (i.e. 1.4) comes along or does it? Does this go for the FileManagerSvc as well?

And for those of you who have those pics/vids that you want hidden or protected by passwords (I was one of em), since there is no passwords now, the best way that I found to do this is to "hide" the folder you wish to hide in other nondescript folders in case anyone decided to open your Internalz app and simply hide the folder from the Photo/Videos app by placing a "." (period) before the folder name, i.e. ".hiddenpics" Once you have hidden the folder with the period before it, your photos and videos app will not be able to open it because the folder is hidden by the period. If you would ever like to view your folder you simply would have to rename it and simply delete the period from file name and viola, the pictures/videos in the once hidden folder should now appear in your Photos/Videos Application.

Let me know if anyone else has a faster way of doing this, it would be much appreciated!!

Once again thanks for INTERNALZ!!

I've seen indicators that folder renaming is available now but I cannot find a way to do it in Internalz. How do you rename a folder?

Also, I tried creating a folder and got an error "Unable to create directory". Just installed it. What am I missing?

TIA.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    To rename a directory, instead of tapping it, tap and hold. A menu will pop up allowing you to rename.....hower if you see my previous post, I don't think it is working correctly. As far as creating a directory, I'm haveing the same problem you are.
    Thanks for the response. Lets cross our fingers for an update soon. This looks like our best hope for a decent file manager!
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    To rename a directory, instead of tapping it, tap and hold. A menu will pop up allowing you to rename.....hower if you see my previous post, I don't think it is working correctly. As far as creating a directory, I'm haveing the same problem you are.
    Yep you're right. The "rename" is actually doing a copy. I verified this by plugging in after trying it and found that I had two folders, identical content different name after trying a rename.
    ---
    HP Touchpad!
    I dont really know what i did, but i started up internalz and i just get "loading" for everything and nothing happens :s
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    We need one that opens .zip files and .rar folders Desperately
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues with moving media files from email attachments over to the media partition and them not showing in the list? Yet by looking with Internalz they file is in fact there and will play if opened with Internalz but the media manager is not picking up on the files. Restarting the device does not fix it either. This use to work great...

Any ideas??
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    I would recommend installing Jason's Advanced Options in Launcher Menu patch. You can use the "Rescan File Indexer" and this will more than likely make the files you have moved appear in their respective media programs.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I would recommend installing Jason's Advanced Options in Launcher Menu patch. You can use the "Rescan File Indexer" and this will more than likely make the files you have moved appear in their respective media programs.
    Good call that might work I'll give it a whirl can't hurt....
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Another "vote" for moving up this program and file renaming in your to do list.

Looking forward to it whenever you get to it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I haven't read through all of the these messages, but I am having a problem creating a directory. Every time I try it says "Unable to Create Directory". Am I doing something wrong?
  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I haven't read through all of the these messages, but I am having a problem creating a directory. Every time I try it says "Unable to Create Directory". Am I doing something wrong?
    Where are you trying to create the directory?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey Jason just wanted to say great work as usual!!!!! I was thinking that we would have to have access to crptof folder to be able to delete the ipks that are giving errors, right?
    Is there anyway in the near future you will give access or not, i have some patches that are not installing anymore but are for the newest webos update

thank you
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I'm trying to create a directory in media/internal/DCIM/100PALM