Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    2.03!!!!!!!!

the version should be 2.96
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. You need to restart your Pre. Filemgr runs as a service (you won't see it in the launcher).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by titanyium View Post
    Hello I just got my new Palm Pre and have been looking into these apps. I downloaded the ipk files. ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.5.1_all.ipk
    and
    ca.canucksoftware.internalz_0.3.2_all.ipk
    and installed them onto my phone via WebOS Quick Install v.2.03
    and they seem to install fine and show up when i go into Device Management. However when i initialize internals it gives me an error "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running."

Can anyone Please help me with my problem. Am i missing something?
    I am at wit's end. Did EPR then updated to 1.3.5
    Preware shows 18 patches installed - but they are not working and if I run EPR on Webos QI it says there are no pathes installed.

Is it possible they are showing becaise in the migration some junk got left behind? Woudl internalz and file manager show it and would I be able to safely (key word) remove it?

I am desperate for a solution short of the Doc. Can anyone help?
    I am having the same error "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running." and have restarted my Pre and still no luck. I used the latest version of WebOSQuick Install and followed the instructions to the letter but still no luck.

Any way further reading on the allowed folders in Internalz suggests it might not help with my problem. I am trying to remove stuck mail in my Outbox. Assuming I can get Internalz working would it be able to delete these items?

If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate a response... also if anyone knows how to get the filemgr service to run that advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
    Last edited by Thxs1138; 12/30/2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Ok so I solved the first issue... seems you can swipe an e-mail in the outbox to remove it. I "swipped" from right to left on the e-mail itself and it was removed.

Still no joy with the FileMgr Service but its a moot point as I was trying to figure out how to remove these stuck e-mails.

But my original mail issue remains... I require the use of my own internal mail server to send mail using SSL authentication. We have purchased an SSL certificate so its not self signed. However, as the Pre doesn't tell you why it can't send mail only a very terse message "error sending ..." its near impossible to resolve.

I have read that Palm's attempt to use the POP3 standard is flawed and I suspect the same is true of its SSL Authentication routine. Any way this is about Internalz and so I leave this thread and find a more appropriate one for my "send e-mail using my mail server" issue.

BTW, Thanks Jason and I like "canuck software". As a fellow Canuck it was good to see it being used for what appears to be excellent products.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thxs1138 View Post
    I am having the same error "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running." and have restarted my Pre and still no luck. I used the latest version of WebOSQuick Install and followed the instructions to the letter but still no luck.

Any way further reading on the allowed folders in Internalz suggests it might not help with my problem. I am trying to remove stuck mail in my Outbox. Assuming I can get Internalz working would it be able to delete these items?

If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate a response... also if anyone knows how to get the filemgr service to run that advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
    You need to install the FileMgr Service (a separate install), it is under Services when using Preware. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Question about renaming/changing file extensions: I downloaded a pdf file that I can't seem to open in the pdf viewer. Likewise, my buddy sent me some music I can't seem to play. When the rename ability comes along (Jason, my man...) will that allow me to reassign files to different programs and open them accordingly, theoretically?

Thanks for everything Jason.
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Question about renaming/changing file extensions: I downloaded a pdf file that I can't seem to open in the pdf viewer. Likewise, my buddy sent me some music I can't seem to play. When the rename ability comes along (Jason, my man...) will that allow me to reassign files to different programs and open them accordingly, theoretically?

Thanks for everything Jason.
    webOS has its own API for default programs, however Palm's been uncooperative with me in delivering that api (which they advertised for developers basic in 1.3.1). Internalz will be compatible with it.

File renaming is coming soon, along with plenty more. Very sorry about the long wait, but I've split myself across about a dozen in-development apps and the occasional patches. Things are moving along, just slower than I'd like.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,
    Hello and thanks for spending the time to develop this file manager! I am trying to backup my SplashID data. Am using a Palm Pre (Wos 1.3.5 / sprint) and my PC. I have installed WebOS Quick Install and installed both Internalz and File Manager. When I open File manager I can only see the /media/internal folder. I'm trying to get to var/palm/data to make a copy of the splashid data. Have I done something wrong? I can't seem to find the folder I am looking for. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmascia View Post
    Jason,
    Hello and thanks for spending the time to develop this file manager! I am trying to backup my SplashID data. Am using a Palm Pre (Wos 1.3.5 / sprint) and my PC. I have installed WebOS Quick Install and installed both Internalz and File Manager. When I open File manager I can only see the /media/internal folder. I'm trying to get to var/palm/data to make a copy of the splashid data. Have I done something wrong? I can't seem to find the folder I am looking for. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    the ".." folder at the top represents going up one level in folder
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    OK. I found this post regaarding copying SplashID data:

Quote:
    No need to gain root access.

All I did was install internalz and its file manager service.

Then just navigate to /var/palm/data/ then find the folder called file_var.usr.palm.applicatioins.com.splashdata.app.splashid_0/

Copy that folder and select /media/internal as the destination folder.

This will give you a copy of your splashID database in your USB partition that you can see when you connect your Pre to your computer. Make a copy of this folder on your computer.

To restore after a hard reset or Doctor session just reverse these steps.

My problem is that it appears that updates to WebOS and SplashID have moved the location of the data folder. Does anyone know the location of SplashID data on Pre?

JASON: Thanks for the rapid response. One more stupid question: When I get to the file level the menu for copy comes up but how do I copy an entire folder and move it? Everytime I touched a folder it opens it up. What are the steps to copy a folder to another directory and how do you paste it once you get to where you want it?
    Update yet? lol

Just kidding Jason!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmascia View Post
    My problem is that it appears that updates to WebOS and SplashID have moved the location of the data folder. Does anyone know the location of SplashID data on Pre?
    Look in /media/internal/.app-storage.

Jason - I hope you have landscape mode planned in the near future. These ridiculously long pathnames can be a bear to work with...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Hi Jason,
    I can't seem to install this. I am getting the same error message as I get for the 'Device Menu Remix'. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Ben_K; 01/12/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I just used Internalz to fix an issue with an app that I uninstalled and tried (but failed) to re-install from the app catalog. It was caught in some kind of loop that wouldn't allow a re-install.
    I am having this problem trying to install FileMgr Service using Preware. First it got hung up being downloaded/installed. I stopped that prematurely (maybe that was the wrong thing to do). Then I went back into Preware and tried to remove it, but it got hung up again. I tried rebooting the phone but that did not help anything. Now, with FileMgr not installed or un-removable, I can't run Internalz. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this too...Under the new 1.3.5 version of WebOS, the directory re-name feature seems to be duplicating the directory instead of re-naming it...

I was on ver 1.2.1 of WebOS for the longest time (my phone never saw the new updates for some reason) and I was using Internalz to change the name of a directory on my phone back and forth between two names depending on my needs. The directory I was re-naming back and forth contained about 300-400 files. This is how it used to work: I would rename the directory, and immediately, the directory would show up as re-named and all 400 files inside would be available for use. Now the problem...

I recently doctored my phone to 1.3.5 (finally I'm up-to-date!!) and reinstalled all my apps fresh, including Internalz. I made sure I had installed the newest versions of both Internalz and it's FileMgr Service. However, now when I go to change the name of that directory, here is what happens:

I rename the directory, and Internalz accepts the rename command, but then returns to the file/directory view without looking like it is doing anything. Any move I make after this seems to lock up Internalz, and I have to close the app. For the next two or three minutes, any attempt to use Internalz is met with a screen that just says loading....

So, 3 minutes later, I am finally able to use Internalz again. I go to browse the directories, and my directory is there under the new name. The wierd thing is, it's still there under the old name as well. All 400 files are present in both the new directory and the old directory. It seems that instead of renaming the directory in 1-2 seconds like it used to do, it is now spending 2-3 minutes duplicating the directory and all 400 files under the new name.

I wonder if 1.3.5 changed the way it handles files and broke the Internalz directory re-name command?

-------------------------------------------------

P.S. I can't wait for file re-naming in the next version of Internalz!!! Thanks for such a great app Jason!!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hey Jason I know you're busy and all, but I was wondering if you can add the /media/cryptofs folder into the folders where you can copy into. Currently you can only copy into /var and /media/internal. Can you think about adding that in anytime soon? Thanks.
    ^^i second that
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    Hey Jason I know you're busy and all, but I was wondering if you can add the /media/cryptofs folder into the folders where you can copy into. Currently you can only copy into /var and /media/internal. Can you think about adding that in anytime soon? Thanks.
    I think that's the special folder that Palm setup to allow us to be able to add more apps to the Pre.

If we got access to that folder, I personally, believe Palm would be real ****ed at us.

That is suppose to be off limits, so that nobody has the ability to steal software that is paid for.

It's encrypted so we can't do anything with it with it's hooked up to the USB port, but when it's disconnected from a computer it becomes un-encrypted so the Pre can work with the data.

If Internalz allows for access when the Pre is not connected to a computer then security to that folder is compromised and Palm would be very angry at us Homebrew people.

Right now Palm has allowed a lot to happen but once we do something to loose that trust, they will come down hard on us.

Am I over reacting because someone wants access to that folder, well maybe, but think about it and what you are asking for!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

How about a rename file feature?

I haven't been able to use my USB cable for weeks now so I've been entirely reliant on Internalz. If we could rename files it would be great.