Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 520
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #421  
    hi all, just wandering...

    is anyone else experiencing a sloooooooow internalz when moving or copying? ie I can 'just browse' fine and quick, but when I try to copy/move a file it takes sooo long for it to browse to the destination, and at the end I just get an error with an OK button, and that's it, nothing happens... :-(
  2. ANTAEUZ's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #422  
    can u modify it so that we can rename the files and not just the directories?
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    hi all, just wandering...

    is anyone else experiencing a sloooooooow internalz when moving or copying? ie I can 'just browse' fine and quick, but when I try to copy/move a file it takes sooo long for it to browse to the destination, and at the end I just get an error with an OK button, and that's it, nothing happens... :-(
    Well the error message is a purely cosmetic issue. The folder-chooser isn't as fast as I'd like it and I will be attempting to speed it up. As previous versions were coded off the emulator, where speed wasn't apparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    can u modify it so that we can rename the files and not just the directories?
    Coming soon, as mentioned many times


    And to those wondering, WOSQI 2.95 took up a lot of my time, then final exam studying took over. Expect more active progress updates soon
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #424  
    The folder-chooser isn't as fast as I'd like it and I will be attempting to speed it up. As previous versions were coded off the emulator, where speed wasn't apparent.
    ah, i c...
  5. #425  
    I just updated File Manager Service using Preware. Anyone know what this update contained? I can't find anything on Jason's site or in this thread.
  6. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #426  
    Maybe I'm missing something... I have installed this from PreWare but can't find it anywhere on my Pre. Do I need to install something else? Do I need to reboot? Do I need to be in DevMode to see it somewhere?

    EDIT: I didn't know that this was the official forum for "Internalz" - I got here by clicking the link in the FileMgr post. I have now installed Internalz and rebooted - now I'm running it.
    Last edited by etnpnys; 12/16/2009 at 12:41 PM.
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim View Post
    I just updated File Manager Service using Preware. Anyone know what this update contained? I can't find anything on Jason's site or in this thread.
    You're correct, FileMgr Service did receive a rather large update to v0.5.1. Here's the official changelog:

    v0.5.1 - Dec 15, 09
    - Updated for future versions of webOS
    - Improved file/directory listings
    - Improved file size reporting
    - Added hasDirectory/hasFile methods
    - Added rescanFileIndexer and gc methods
    - Fixed a serious issue with file move/rename
    - Many other bugfixes

    It was uploaded late last night and I figured it could wait til today

    Should work fine with the current public release of Internalz, though wasn't extensively tested, as it was updated along with my private Internalz build.


    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something... I have installed this from PreWare but can't find it anywhere on my Pre. Do I need to install something else? Do I need to reboot? Do I need to be in DevMode to see it somewhere?

    EDIT: I didn't know that this was the official forum for "Internalz" - I got here by clicking the link in the FileMgr post. I have now installed Internalz and rebooted - now I'm running it.
    heh, yea, FileMgr Service and Internalz run hand in hand. FileMgr Service hides in the background while Internalz is the webOS frontend
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. #428  
    I just noticed that when I attempt to "open" an image with Internalz to view it I get a blank screen. The images appear fine in the Photo application.

    Any idea what may be happening?
  9. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post
    I just noticed that when I attempt to "open" an image with Internalz to view it I get a blank screen. The images appear fine in the Photo application.

    Any idea what may be happening?
    I had the same thing.

    Additionally, I was unable to update/download anything from the official app catalog - I uninstalled Internalz only and rebooted - all is fine now. Perhaps just a reboot would have cured this, but I had rebooted only a few hours prior also...
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post
    I just noticed that when I attempt to "open" an image with Internalz to view it I get a blank screen. The images appear fine in the Photo application.

    Any idea what may be happening?
    As stated earlier, that's an issue that arose with 1.3.1 and its stricter restrictions. My upcoming Internalz build will fix that
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. #431  
    Excellent news on the FileMgr Service update. Now just anxiously awaiting the updated build of Internalz!
  12. #432  
    How do I use the Delete a file feature?

    I need to delete /etc/palm/download.conf for unthrottle but when I tap it, it only offers Info, Open, Copy.

    - Craig
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    How do I use the Delete a file feature?

    I need to delete /etc/palm/download.conf for unthrottle but when I tap it, it only offers Info, Open, Copy.

    - Craig
    Cannot delete outside of /var or /media/internal/ due to security/stability reasons
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  14. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #434  
    I can't create any directory anymore in /media/internal??!! Never had problems with it before? I think it's since the update of the FileMgr Service.

    This is crucial. I make backups of my PalmDatabase in different dirs.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I can't create any directory anymore in /media/internal??!! Never had problems with it before? I think it's since the update of the FileMgr Service.

    This is crucial. I make backups of my PalmDatabase in different dirs.
    I look into it, though chances are my next update will be the big one, which I know for sure directory creation works with. If I haven't released it by sunday, please PM me.



    Also, I'm sure some of you have noticed directory renaming, file/directory copying, and file/directory moving are now taking longer. And worse yet, during the process in question, functionality within Internalz has many issues.

    The good news is a fix is coming. I'm switching to native linux commands for those function and will be doing such in a multithreaded matter, which should fix/improve the above issues
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #436  
    Sounds promising. Looking forward to the new version.
  17. #437  
    This may have been asked before, but was wondering if possibly in a future version it will be possible to change file associations? Currently when I open a mp3 file, it opens with the streaming app. Would much rather have it open with music player or music player remix. Great app though!!
  18. Darkgift's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Additionally, I was unable to update/download anything from the official app catalog - I uninstalled Internalz only and rebooted - all is fine now. Perhaps just a reboot would have cured this, but I had rebooted only a few hours prior also...
    I had the same thing happen, and tried many different was to fix, including your method (minus a full wipe), and have had no success. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. If not, I guess I'll wait for the 1.3.5 update
  19. #439  
    This is Awesome Jason, keep up the good work!!
  20. #440  
    Hello I just got my new Palm Pre and have been looking into these apps. I downloaded the ipk files. ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.5.1_all.ipk
    and
    ca.canucksoftware.internalz_0.3.2_all.ipk
    and installed them onto my phone via WebOS Quick Install v.2.03
    and they seem to install fine and show up when i go into Device Management. However when i initialize internals it gives me an error "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running."

    Can anyone Please help me with my problem. Am i missing something?

Posting Permissions