Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    WARNING Do not move files with Internalz - You may lose your files!!!

Jason, please read the rest as a positive feedback and not a negative note in any shape and form. You have a great start to a great program and I think us in the community should support you as much as possible, hence the reason for me to do the extra testing; however we should also ensure that people are not losing files and get a negative feel for the program and the Pre itself.

Jason, you need to disable the Move function in Internalz ASAP since it is correct that it will from time to time lose files! I cannot reproduce the issue, but it seems to happen some 15% of the time I do a move from one folder to another.

It looks to me that you copy the file first and then delete it from its original location, what is missing is the check that after copying the file. You need to validate that the file (a) is there, (b) has the correct file size and (c) can be opened before you delete the file from its original location.

The above should be in place no matter which OS revision, meaning it should have been there from day one of the program.

If you need me to do some testing I will be willing to do whatever you need.
    For file/directory moving, I use the standard Java File.renameTo() method. I had no reason to expect a built-in official Java function would delete files. Interestingly enough, I've never been able to reproduce in the emulator (and reports of such issues have been virtually non-existant over the past few months).

Upcoming version will use a move function made myself which will be more reliable.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason, the issue started after the release of the OS 1.3.1. Before that time we did not have the error message that pops up just before the move is taken place. So this issue should have been reported to you in the last couple of weeks, not in the life time of the program.

One other note regarding this issue; it seems to me that if you are only doing a couple moves in a session everything is working fine, but if you are doing several moves from let’s say the 100PALM folder to one specific album (sub-folder of 100PALM) then you can lose a file.

Sounds great that you are taken more control over the move file function by adding your own code since losing a picture is not something that the users will look upon lightly.

Suggestion to current users of Internalz:
    DO NOT use the Move File function, use Copy File and then Delete File!
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Hmm...I move things all the time. I get an error message, but the file moves correctly.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hmm...I move things all the time. I get an error message, but the file moves correctly.
    Even more interesting is that I move things, get no error message, and the file still moves correctly. It appears to be working fine on my end.
    Bpdamas, I assume you are on OS 1.3.1. Can you list which Patches you have currently installed?
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
  6.    #406  
    Just wanna make these facts clear for you and everyone reading this:

• I have not experienced the issue myself.
    • The error popup occurred previous to 1.3.1. It was a cosmetic error accidentally left in from testing. It pops up as the folder-chooser scene is closing, so you won't always see it.
    • The current method of file moving/renaming (where the destination isn't overriding any other files and isn't a directory move) is the official Java API File.renameTo().
    • Personally, I'm got going to discount any error possibility yet, as I know Palm uses a stripped down Java 1.5 and it's possible palm altered the API coding or file access
    • Upcoming version of FileMgr Service will include a modified move function that'll copy the file then delete the original.
    • Upcoming versions of FileMgr Service and Internalz are gonna be AMAZING with everything in progress

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Bpdamas, I assume you are on OS 1.3.1. Can you list which Patches you have currently installed?
    I am using 1.3.1 and here is a list of my patches installed.

• Add Date - MM/DD
    • add space between snooze and dismiss
    • all-day events in month view
    • audio/video attachments (messaging)
    • call duration in call log
    • character counter
    • confirm delete (email)
    • delete from notification (email)
    • enable add/delete pages
    • enable landscape email
    • enable landscape messaging
    • enable LED notifications
    • enable vibration (calculator)
    • hide quick launch bar
    • improved filename format
    • match state to area code
    • show download count
    • swipe history - auto confirm
    • timestamps - clean
    • unhide dev mode icon
    • video downloads
    • virtual keyboard
    • wrap pages
    O.K., I can't take it anymore. I was trying to be mature about this and respect your request not to ask for an ETA, but now you're just being cruel. Oh please kind sir, when can we exect this "AMAZING" work in progress?

p.s. I'm totally o.k. With vagueness.
    I think I can answer for Jason on this one!

Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Sorry Jason I had to do it.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I will start by stating that I have not read this entire thread but I would like to be able to rename files...that would be nice. If it has been mentioned already my apologies.

EDIT: I upgraded my search abilities (v1.1) and found it. Guess what...it is coming soon! YES!
    Last edited by donovan34; 12/02/2009 at 05:12 PM.
    I just used Internalz to fix an issue with an app that I uninstalled and tried (but failed) to re-install from the app catalog. It was caught in some kind of loop that wouldn't allow a re-install.

I used Internalz to find that a directory for the app still existed so I deleted it and then was able to re-download the app.

So Jason, as soon as the new Internalz update comes out, you've got another donation coming!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    This is a very long thread, so if this was mentioned and I missed it, I apologize. I finally installed both today and everything is fine, but can not view pictures thru Internals. A new card opens when I select the file, but stays white, and no picyure appears. Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    This is a very long thread, so if this was mentioned and I missed it, I apologize. I finally installed both today and everything is fine, but can not view pictures thru Internals. A new card opens when I select the file, but stays white, and no picyure appears. Is this normal?
    Apology accepted. It is mentioned before and currently there is no solution for this. I am sure Jason is working on it and new and improved things are coming as he stated a few posts up. Also, just in case you did not know, you can search inside individual threads by using the search this thread option. Searching for "picture" would have returned your question.
    Ok so I am having a problem and think this app may help but have not been able to get it to.

Problem: I put I Love You Man on my Pre awhile back using itunes (i believe). I have since installed a patch "swipe to delete videos" I then swiped the movie in hopes of deleting it. It gives me the standard prompt to delete or not. I hit YES but nothing would happen. The movie still shows up in my videos. But now it wont play. I then tried finding it in USB Mode but no luck. I then tried Internalz but no luck. I tried putting the movie back on and deleting it but that didnt work either.

Am I doing something wrong? What other options do I have? Its really annoying to have a movie on there that I cant watch or fully delete. I really dont want to use WEBOS Doctor but I am starting to think thats my only option.

Thanks
    Last edited by JMiller613; 12/05/2009 at 08:33 AM.
    will the filemgr be available on preware?
    looking forward to be able to view the files through internalz and to be able to rename files. Can't wait! Thank you!
    Sorry, don't want to read the whole thread. I have it installed and working, but I don't really know how to use it. I am used to file managers with a tree structure, but this seems to give the same items at different levels. Is there a guide to using it? For example, I have books installed for the EReader in Classic and also for the pReader but I cannot find any of these books using INternalz. If there is a guide somjwhere in the thread, just point me there; otherwise could someone post one?
    Laissez Faire
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Sorry, don't want to read the whole thread. I have it installed and working, but I don't really know how to use it. I am used to file managers with a tree structure, but this seems to give the same items at different levels. Is there a guide to using it? For example, I have books installed for the EReader in Classic and also for the pReader but I cannot find any of these books using INternalz. If there is a guide somjwhere in the thread, just point me there; otherwise could someone post one?
    This does have a tree structure, I'm not sure what you mean by same items at different levels.

Classic is a tricky one. I believe it moves the files around. Can any Classic users help out on that question?

Edit: I might wanna add, if you choose to copy/move a file/folder, you'll be able to see the literal folder tree, if you want a more visual approach

Internalz doesn't open images in /media/internal/wallpapers/ (at least on my phone). Errorlog says:

Code:
    2009-12-06T17:23:59.634216Z [55255] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: ca.canucksoftware.internalz: Not allowed to load local resource: file:///var/luna/data/extractfs%2Fmedia%2Finternal%2Fwallpapers%2F09.jpg:0:0:160:160:3, :0
    Edit: I might wanna add, if you choose to copy/move a file/folder, you'll be able to see the literal folder tree, if you want a more visual approach

That is neat. Any way to implement that as a default without move or copy?