Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Does this app give you access to the directory where the images for themeing your Pre go???
    It lets you see the directories, but you won't be able to edit/delete them in Internals.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    is anybody else getting an error message??? im going to reinstall webosquick install and see if i get it again
    I followed the instructions to the T and I get the error message

"Error
    ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running"

I tried reinstalling everything but I still get the same error. Yes I did you WebOS Quick Install V2.0 to install both files.

Can anyone help?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    hi, i installed both files via WebOSInstall, but i'm getting an error that says "ca.canuksoftware.filemgr is not running" when i use it. i've tried delete, reinstall and reboot and still cannot get it to work. any ideas? thx.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ^ me 3^^^^
  6.    #26  
    You need v2.01 of WebOS Quick Install, released earlier today (v2.0 had a bug that cause just this error, which is why I delayed posting this beta till I fixed it).

Also it may take a few sec after install for the service to load for the first time.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    im reinstalling quick install...and web doctor takes forever
    Figured it out. Have to use 2.01
    2.0 won't work.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    im reinstalling quick install...and web doctor takes forever
    If you already have WebOSDoctor downloaded you can just put it in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install and it'll recognize it
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    k got it...thanks..there isnt a way to go back???
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    k got it...thanks..there isnt a way to go back???
    doesn't respond to back gesture yet. Still a beta, but I certainly hope to implement it.

EDIT:
    Oh, i just realized, I forgot to mention, tapping Name and Size labels sort the items accordingly
    thanks I've been waiting for a file mgr
    Got it installed and running. I am able to open Word docks and video files but can not view JPG's. I can delete the files though. Is this an error?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Got it installed and running. I am able to open Word docks and video files but can not view JPG's. I can delete the files though. Is this an error?
    Nope. Although the Photos app on the Pre is able to handle opening images, it's not added to the conf file for default handler. A future version of FileMgr will correct this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks man! The one thing I missed from my Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

If you don't have WebOS Quick Install, you'll have to install on a rooted device. The Internalz app ipk file can be installed any normal way you install apps. The FileMgr Service ipk needs to be installed by copying the file to /media/internal/ via USB Mode. Then, enter the following in commandline:
    Code:
    /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.0.5_all.ipk
    /bin/sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /
    FYI the code on the second line is incorrect. Should be
    Code:
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install /media/internal/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_0.0.5_all_0.ipk
    this is magnificent beta i do say !! cant wait for future releases.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    great job... looking forward to updates!
    I will def get this once its a bit more refined keep up the good work...
    I tried installing the filemngr and then internalz via the Quick install but when i try to run internalz it says that filemngr is not running? What did i miss?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast