Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    So Jason congrats on receiving a Pre soon, your whole world will change as soon as you get your Pre. Will the renaming file information be put into place with the next update?
    hoprefully yep. Lots I wanna add to Internalz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,

Is there a previous post that I can refer to for instructions on what files I can move between /var and /media/internal? I would like to free up some space in my /var folder for additional apps.

I'm a newbie to Linux and the Internalz and is a little sheepish about moving files and screwing up my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by nhawkins3 View Post
    Jason,

Is there a previous post that I can refer to for instructions on what files I can move between /var and /media/internal? I would like to free up some space in my /var folder for additional apps.

I'm a newbie to Linux and the Internalz and is a little sheepish about moving files and screwing up my Pre
    You might want to use the MvApp utility for this purpose. It has a wizard which advises you which files to move.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Something useful would be if there were a way to enter a file type (such as .mp3, or .lit), and then select the program that Internalz would use to open that type of file.

Since there are (slowly) becoming multiple options available for these things, it'd be extremely useful. Personally, being able to hunt down a .lit or .mp3 would be far easier using Internalz than it is via those programs directly.

Biggest flaw in the Pre in my mind. When you get a lot of files on it, you can't find anything amidst all the clutter. (And it's no longer cluttered when when can use a folder structure - rock on!)
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulzor View Post
    Something useful would be if there were a way to enter a file type (such as .mp3, or .lit), and then select the program that Internalz would use to open that type of file.

Since there are (slowly) becoming multiple options available for these things, it'd be extremely useful. Personally, being able to hunt down a .lit or .mp3 would be far easier using Internalz than it is via those programs directly.

Biggest flaw in the Pre in my mind. When you get a lot of files on it, you can't find anything amidst all the clutter. (And it's no longer cluttered when when can use a folder structure - rock on!)
    I'm depending on Palm's application manager for opening (non-image) files. I can't say anything as I'm under NDA, but the PIC leaked screenshots show the file extension default app thing you're talkin about

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason, here is a question that you may or may not be able to answer:

If I connect via USB I can move picture from my PC to Pre (to PALM100 folder or sub-folder). Size is not an issue and the Photo Album application will nicely display the pictures.

If I connect via WinSCP using SFTP (SHH on the Pre) I can also move pictures from my PC to Pre; however size does in this case make a difference (under 100Kb ok, above is bad) and if I create a new folder (album) the Photo Album application will not see the album.

Interesting if I rename the folder (album) with Internalz everything is fine and yes I can see the JPG’s that is larger than the 100Kb.

When I login with WinSCP I do set the “sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server” command, so the SHH and the WinSCP should act like it was rooted.

Maybe I should also point out that others are having the same issue.

Why asking you? Well since you have created the FileMgr Service, so you may know what it is that I / WinSCP / SHH is missing.
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Jason, here is a question that you may or may not be able to answer:

If I connect via USB I can move picture from my PC to Pre (to PALM100 folder or sub-folder). Size is not an issue and the Photo Album application will nicely display the pictures.

If I connect via WinSCP using SFTP (SHH on the Pre) I can also move pictures from my PC to Pre; however size does in this case make a difference (under 100Kb ok, above is bad) and if I create a new folder (album) the Photo Album application will not see the album.

Interesting if I rename the folder (album) with Internalz everything is fine and yes I can see the JPG’s that is larger than the 100Kb.

When I login with WinSCP I do set the “sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server” command, so the SHH and the WinSCP should act like it was rooted.

Maybe I should also point out that others are having the same issue.

Why asking you? Well since you have created the FileMgr Service, so you may know what it is that I / WinSCP / SHH is missing.
    It's Palm's (proprietary I believe) fileindexer. In certain circumstances, the fileindexer doesn't update when files get added/modified. Renaming in Internalz, as you mentioned, will trigger a forced rescan.

I went more in-depth, in the original thread you post the issue in http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html

Jason, when I read that post first time around I did not really understood the post. Now after I have done some research and learn more I have to say that re-reading the post makes more sense to me. I have posted a new post on that thread because I believe this make more sense to keep things in the right place for others to read.

PS: Thanks for all the help!
    Might just be e but no images are showing up with internalz. Like when you goto a file and choose the icon and the open option no picture shows. After 1.3.1 update
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Jason, thank you for writing amazing apps. I am having a problem downloading FileMgr...it just will not show up on my Pre, although WebOSQuickInstall says it is installed (have tried four times). Internalz installed just fine, however. I am no programmer or anything, so help in simple language is appreciated.
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Might just be e but no images are showing up with internalz. Like when you goto a file and choose the icon and the open option no picture shows. After 1.3.1 update
    yea, that's a restriction within the latest 1.3.1 update, a fix is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Jason, thank you for writing amazing apps. I am having a problem downloading FileMgr...it just will not show up on my Pre, although WebOSQuickInstall says it is installed (have tried four times). Internalz installed just fine, however. I am no programmer or anything, so help in simple language is appreciated.
    FileMgr Service is a background service and will not show up. It's meant to be hidden.

Jason -- Thanks again for a great program! I know that sent in a donation a while back for webOS QI, but I think another one is due to all the great work for this program and patches, etc....

So, I not sure of the enhancements that you have planned, but I do have a few suggestions for you (if they are not already being worked on)

1. Is there a way to scroll the names of the files? I have a lot of files with some long names and there is no way for me to see the full names of the files because all I get is the "..." at the end
    2. Is there a way to see (or sort) by file type? I know you have the icon for different types, but it would be great to be able to see the actual extension (e.g. .jpg, .png, .mp3, etc)
    3. Can you provide some quick-access shortcuts to certain directories? so if I want to go right to /var or /media/internals/, etc, I can get there without having to "find my way back". even better if these can be user defined!
    4. When I go to move a file, i get an "error" popup, but then I still get a successful notification that the file moved...should I assume that the "Error" popup is just mislabeled?
    5. Add an "email file" option? Not sure if this would only be available for /media/internals/, but it would be great to be able to email a file right from Internalz!
    6. Search! if i wanted to find a certain file, a Search of the device would be a sweet option!

so, i think that is all for now...can't wait to see what else you do this program and the greater Pre-land!

Adam
    Jason Great App. Thanks for all the work you do on this and all the apps upi are involved in. I thought at one point and maybe it was a glitch or it was a just me being blonde that I was actually able to open a Zip file as a folder using Internalz. Although the files in the Zip were not accessible being that they were JPG's. I could no longer do that after a Internalz update and then have been waiting to see if it comes back. I utilize the storage space on my pre to a max degree and would much like to have the ability to open ZIP files in Internalz grab a file I want to see. I also use this as a sort of lock on files as not all the files are accessible on the pre. Maybe I will just have to come up with an Unzip program for the Pre myself.

Thanks
    Christian
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    1. Is there a way to scroll the names of the files? I have a lot of files with some long names and there is no way for me to see the full names of the files because all I get is the "..." at the end
    I do plan, at some point on adding a preference screen. On of the items planned for it is a font scaler.

2. Is there a way to see (or sort) by file type? I know you have the icon for different types, but it would be great to be able to see the actual extension (e.g. .jpg, .png, .mp3, etc)
    Tap and hold on the "Size" label and it'll change to "Type"

3. Can you provide some quick-access shortcuts to certain directories? so if I want to go right to /var or /media/internals/, etc, I can get there without having to "find my way back". even better if these can be user defined!
    I like that idea. I think for the preference screen, I'll have an option to set a "home" folder, then an icon button will appear in the top right part of the header. Good suggestion

4. When I go to move a file, i get an "error" popup, but then I still get a successful notification that the file moved...should I assume that the "Error" popup is just mislabeled?
    Yea, I believe that's a cosmetic issue accidentally left in from debugging.

5. Add an "email file" option? Not sure if this would only be available for /media/internals/, but it would be great to be able to email a file right from Internalz!
    I'm not completely sure how that'd work, offhand, though I'll look into it.

6. Search! if i wanted to find a certain file, a Search of the device would be a sweet option
    Full device search might be a bit much, however I think you'll like what I have in store for an upcoming release

Quote Originally Posted by cknudstrup View Post
    Unzip/unrar/untar support is on the way, along with many other goodies

15.    #375  
    Just an update for those wondering. So far, I've added the following:
    - Added home button to top right corner that will take you to /media/internal/
    - Fixed image viewer
    - Several revised methods in FileMgr service
    - Added text viewer/editor

The text viewer/editor will let you view (and edit if in /var/ or /media/internal/) any plain text files when you choose the "open" option or tap the icon. Took a long while of testing to get this working fully.

Here's a preview of the viewer/editor:

Thank you
    Jason, this is great news. I assume that you have not released the upgrade yet. Do you have any ETA?

PS: I am a Wintel programmer since the birth of the PC and the 8086 (my first chip was the Intel 4004) and have done lots of assembler code, Pascal, Delphi, VBVBVB $and$ $any$ $and$ $the$ $entire$ $group$ $of$ $C$ ($something$). $I$ $understand$ $Java$, $ASP$ $and$ $all$ $the$ $stuff$ $that$ $belongs$ $to$ $the$ $Web$. $However$ $I$ $know$ $very$ $little$ $about$ $Linux$ $and$ $the$ $WebOS$, $but$ $are$ $willing$ $to$ $learn$. $Is$ $there$ $a$ $real$ $good$ $tutor$ $out$ $there$ $in$ $the$ $world$ $of$ $wonderfully$ $webbing$?
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    I've got another thought for you. This is a great application, by the way. I appreciate the work that has gone into this.

Today I was trying to figure out how big some of the app directories are, and I couldn't find a good way to do it either through direct Linux access or through Internalz. A really great feature for Internalz would be something like hold orange then tap a directory to get a roll-up size of the directory and all sub-directories and perhaps other information about it. I don't know if such a thing is feasible, but it would be pretty nice.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Also, I couldn't seem to install the FileMgr service properly through Preware (0.9.9) on 1.3.1 (never tried it with previous versions of webOS). Not sure why. It seemed to install, but then when I ran Internalz it said that the FileMgr service was not running.

Installed via command line and all was well.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Jbg7474, have you restarted the Pre after installing the FileMgr and Internalz – that worked for me!
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!