Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I got an error [4] when trying to update. Removing it also gave the same error.
    I got those errors trying to update/remove with Preware, but it updated fine over webOSQI. For me, anyway.
    I'm having the same issue alvin319 was reporting. Everytime I try to launch Internalz, I get the message:

Error
    ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running.

I install both via Preware just now. I made sure that FileMgr Service was listed as version 0.2.0 before I installed it. I restarted Luna and I am still getting the same message when launching Internalz.

I actually had this issue a few days ago and I just figured that it needed to be updated after the 1.2.1 update, but I am still having the same issue.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Update: Couple of more reboots seemed to finally resolve the issue. Very strange.
    Last edited by WillJitsu; 10/06/2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hopefully a bit more helpful. Text in red from the IPKG Log:

Begin installation of ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    Upgrading ca.canucksotwre.filemgr on root from 0.1.3 to 0.2.0
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    Configuring ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    <red>(offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst)</red>

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting. (literally, verbatim)

Postinst
    Nothing Interesting.

Lock
    Nothing Intersting.

Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'remount' operation
    <red> mount: mouting /dev/mapper/store-root on /failed: Device or resource busy</red>

Confirm
    Package ca.canucksoftware.filemgr (0.2.0) installed in root is up to date
    Nothing to be done

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Postinst
    Nothing Interesting

Lock
    <red>mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/luna/java/FileMgr.jar': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.service': No such file or directory
    mv: cannoth rename '/var/etc/event.d/filemgr': No such file or directory
    </red>

<red> mount: mouting /dev/mapper/store-root on /failed: Device or resource busy</red>

and I think it starts repeating since I tried to remove/update a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    May wanna move WOSQI to a different directory on the Mac. Also, Rod has told me to look in the Ipkg Log in Preware to see what your Error 4 meant
    hm. i something must be up with the WOSQI on my laptop then. i tried it on another computer and it installed fine with the same version of WOSQI. the error 4 appears pretty frequently... anything that you need to track it down just let me know.

lastly, you mentioned that this update fixes the renaming of files/directories. only directory renaming is operational at this point, correct? i don't see any option to rename a file... or maybe i'm not looking in the right place?
    did you just type all of that out?? or is there a way to copy the text from the IPKG Log? thx.

Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Hopefully a bit more helpful. Text in red from the IPKG Log:

Begin installation of ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    Upgrading ca.canucksotwre.filemgr on root from 0.1.3 to 0.2.0
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    Configuring ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    <red>(offline root mode: not running ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.postinst)</red>

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting. (literally, verbatim)

Postinst
    Nothing Interesting.

Lock
    Nothing Intersting.

Confirm
    Package ca.canucksoftware.filemgr (0.2.0) installed in root is up to date
    Nothing to be done

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting

Postinst
    Nothing Interesting

Lock
    <red>mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/luna/java/FileMgr.jar': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.service': No such file or directory
    mv: cannoth rename '/var/etc/event.d/filemgr': No such file or directory
    </red>

and I think it starts repeating since I tried to remove/update a few times.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, that's all typing. I didn't bother to try copy/paste, though, so it might work....?
  7.    #307  
    lastly, you mentioned that this update fixes the renaming of files/directories. only directory renaming is operational at this point, correct? i don't see any option to rename a file... or maybe i'm not looking in the right place?
    File renaming is coming soon. This fixes the issue with file/dir moving and copying mainly

did you just type all of that out?? or is there a way to copy the text from the IPKG Log? thx.
    Sounds as though it installed properly but had an error remounting. FileMgr Service should be working after a reboot of your device
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    FileMgr Service has been updated to v0.2.0:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service

Should now fix the file indexing issue with copying/moving/renaming files/directories
    Jason - this ROCKS!

Is there a quick explanation available for how you can now trigger an index update?

Thanks again!

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i tried installing Internalz/FileMngr via WebOS QuickInstall and Preware and keep getting the canuck error when i launch FileMngr.....tried on two diff laptops....same issue...

is there a fix?

thank ya
    Last edited by antmon1; 10/07/2009 at 08:35 PM.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ^^^^same
  11.    #311  
    Try rebooting your Pre. Some ppl seem to find that works. I'll look into the issue in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Is there a quick explanation available for how you can now trigger an index update?
    I stop the fileindexer background process, delete the media.db3 file (which stores the indexed information), then restart the fileindexer (which on starting notices media.db3 missing and rescans and regenerates the db3)
    Slick!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hey...first...THANKS for all you do bro...kick ***...

Second..I don't know if anyone has asked about this...but any chance in a future release of making it so that if you open a picture in a folder, you can scroll through ALL of the images in that folder as opposed to having to close it and open each one individually?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I stop the fileindexer background process, delete the media.db3 file (which stores the indexed information), then restart the fileindexer (which on starting notices media.db3 missing and rescans and regenerates the db3)
    Nice. Gaming the system! LOL

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Jason, I tried first to update the file manager service via filecoaster. It downloaded and said it installed, but when I went into internalz the file manager service vers was still 0.1.3.

So I then went into web os Quick install and deleted the file manager service "app". After that I reinstalled the new version .2 through web os quick install and all was peachy.

My question is, is there any negative effect by having tried to install it initially through filecoaster? Did I leave parts of the app out there somewhere that should probably be deleted? I'm a little anal about cluttering up my file system. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I tried installing this app without rooting my phone first? I can't find the program on my phone? I don't want it to take up space. How can I delete it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shaps6 View Post
    Hi there,

I tried installing this app without rooting my phone first? I can't find the program on my phone? I don't want it to take up space. How can I delete it?

Thanks
    "rooting" is a relative term. If you have activated Dev Mode, then you have provided root access to your phone (one concept of rooting). If you can't see the "File Manager Service" that you installed, that is correct. You will never see it because it runs automatically in the background. You must ALSO install the app called Internalz. This you will see after installing. Essentially Internalz uses the (background running service) File Manager Service in order to give Internalz the "power" it needs to perform its functions. Think of Internalz as the steering wheel you are controling, and File Manager Service is the engine under the hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Jason, I tried first to update the file manager service via filecoaster. It downloaded and said it installed, but when I went into internalz the file manager service vers was still 0.1.3.

So I then went into web os Quick install and deleted the file manager service "app". After that I reinstalled the new version .2 through web os quick install and all was peachy.

My question is, is there any negative effect by having tried to install it initially through filecoaster? Did I leave parts of the app out there somewhere that should probably be deleted? I'm a little anal about cluttering up my file system. Thanks.
    Based on my understanding of the closed-source File Manager Service, deleting it with WebOS Quick Install will remove all traces. Then reinstalling it with WebOS Quick Install will install it correctly.

Remember that fileCoaster cannot install Services, Plugins, Patches or Themes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    i did the update and now it gone from my apps ?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    will this ever be able to extract zip and or rar files? some of our school projects are given to us in that format and it'd be pretty cool to be able to get assignments on the phone. when they come out with a document editor i could write basic programs on this thing.