Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Can I upgrade via Preware? It keeps giving me error updating 4..or is it better just upgrading via QI?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Can I upgrade via Preware? It keeps giving me error updating 4..or is it better just upgrading via QI?
    I don't know what error 4 means, heh. I just tried it with WOSQI and is works fine though
    I even tried to remove and install again but it gave me a remove error so I'll just w8 till I get home and upgrade through QI
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

So it's best to install thru QI?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sorry about that issue, DrSuSE. Should all be fixed and work now (just make sure you're using the current version of both the app and service)
    Thanks, Jason. The new versions do resolve the issue. However, I still get the error (sorry, it still flashes by too quickly to read). Don't get me wrong, the functions work as expected... I just still see some error for a moment. Figured I would mention in case it is important.

Still hope Palm decides to give you some insight on how to trigger an update of the index.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    Where do I find the ipk file for both of these to install thru QI?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Where do I find the ipk file for both of these to install thru QI?
    You don't need to get them separately. Just click the third button on the right and check the boxes for both packages, hit download, ok, then install.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    You don't need to get them separately. Just click the third button on the right and check the boxes for both packages, hit download, ok, then install.
    Thanks Dr. Now, should these be uninstalled with new update whenever it decides to be released?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Thanks Dr. Now, should these be uninstalled with new update whenever it decides to be released?
    Probably more of a Jason question, but I wouldn't think it should be necessary. Sorry I cannot say with more certainty.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Thanks, Jason. The new versions do resolve the issue. However, I still get the error (sorry, it still flashes by too quickly to read). Don't get me wrong, the functions work as expected... I just still see some error for a moment. Figured I would mention in case it is important
    Found the issue. It's a cosmetic error; a message box accidentally left in during testing. I'll have it gone in the next update.

Now, should these be uninstalled with new update whenever it decides to be released?
    Installing over top of existing versions should be ok
    hi you're probably busy w/a million other things with all the apps you're working on, but do you have an approximate ETA for an updated version of internalz that will be 1.2 compatible? thx.
  12.    #272  
    Internalz should already be 1.2-compatible....
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I can confirm it doesn't work in WebOS 1.2, I uninstalled and reinstalled both Internalz and the file manager service via PreWare and reset my Pre, but no luck. You get an error that the file manager service is not running, I try launching it manually from PreWare but no luck.
    Mine didn't work until after a reset, but working now on WebOS 1.2.
    After my install or upgrade to webOS 1.2 I encountered numerous bugs, all of my issues were solved by doing a "Partial Erase" under Device Info>Reset Options on the Pre.

The only thing that sucked was I lost all of my homebrew apps and bookmarks and SMS messages (Palm if you are reading this can you include backing up of SMS and bookmarks in one's Palm Profile).

Reinstalling the homebrew apps and patches were no problem as WebOS Quick Install 2.03 DOES work and also Preware, by the way, if it were not for these two programs and the brilliant devs that created them I would of returned my Pre by now. Kudos and keep up the great work.

So to reiterate, if you are having problems with your Pre after the 1.2 update do a "Partial Erase" and all or most of your issues will be remedied.
    i'm seeing a strange bug with internalz. this is what i did:

1. d/l an image from the browser
    2. launch internalz. note that the images shows up under the "miscellaneous" folder under the photo app, but shows up on media/internal when viewed with Internalz and when the pre is plugged in via USB-mode (boo palm!)
    3. click on image name and choose "move" and select a folder to move it to (we'll use the "screenshots" folder for this example)

expected behavior: the image should disappear from its original location and appear in the new location, the "screenshots" folder in this example.

observed behavior: the image is in some weird no-man's land. Internalz gives an error when i tried moving the image, but the image file moves anyway. i no longer see the image in its original location and i do see that it's in the new location. plugging the pre in via USB-mode also confirms this behavior.

HOWEVER, here is the wonky part. using the pre's photo app, i am seeing that the image still shows up in the original location, but as an empty square. no image is displayed when clicking on it. deleting the image doesn't work, and results in an error message. the image does NOT appear in its new location, the "screenshots" folder in this example, even though both Internalz and plugging the pre in USB-mode shows that the image file is in fact there.

i've rebooted my phone to see if it makes a difference, but still no luck. it looks like the pre's photo app somehow does not do a rescan or is keeping track of the pictures database somewhere else.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    observed behavior: the image is in some weird no-man's land. Internalz gives an error when i tried moving the image, but the image file moves anyway. i no longer see the image in its original location and i do see that it's in the new location. plugging the pre in via USB-mode also confirms this behavior.

HOWEVER, here is the wonky part. using the pre's photo app, i am seeing that the image still shows up in the original location, but as an empty square. no image is displayed when clicking on it. deleting the image doesn't work, and results in an error message. the image does NOT appear in its new location, the "screenshots" folder in this example, even though both Internalz and plugging the pre in USB-mode shows that the image file is in fact there.

i've rebooted my phone to see if it makes a difference, but still no luck. it looks like the pre's photo app somehow does not do a rescan or is keeping track of the pictures database somewhere else.
    Known issue. Switching to USB Mode and renaming the file fixes the issue.

I left an open message to Palm about this: Forums webOS • View topic - Filepath changes not being updated with no response.

I did get one, out-of-forums, message that Palm isn't able to help because my program uses a non-standard custom system service. I countered by saying a simple move function, even via terminal produces the same result and that seems like a big problem.

I read Chuq mention during the NaNplayer issue that the way the Pre indexes files will be radically changed in a future update. My guess would be that change would fix the file indexing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'm seeing a strange bug with internalz. this is what i did:

1. d/l an image from the browser
    2. launch internalz. note that the images shows up under the "miscellaneous" folder under the photo app, but shows up on media/internal when viewed with Internalz and when the pre is plugged in via USB-mode (boo palm!)
    3. click on image name and choose "move" and select a folder to move it to (we'll use the "screenshots" folder for this example)

expected behavior: the image should disappear from its original location and appear in the new location, the "screenshots" folder in this example.

Same problem. Did you figure out how to get rid of those empty square phantom pics? Mine are found in "Miscellaneous" in my photo app and there's no way to delete them under the usb, so the "error" moved photos from misc. to wallpapers are sorta just stuck there. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
    On the other hand, i downloaded wav. files from the browser and moved them from download to ringtones successfully with Internalz.
    Hey Jason,

Any chance you could add "Rename" to the list of options (Info, Open, Move, Copy, Delete) in the popup when tapping a file name in Internalz? I especially like to rename photos so they have descriptive, rather than generic, file names.

Also,

I just got an error when trying to move a file (img00022.jpg) from
    /media/internal/
    to
    /media/internal/DCIM/Monster/

That's all it said was "Error" and then listed the two paths. However, a few seconds later a message appeared in the notification area saying it had been moved. Sure enough: it had! Not a big deal, but I thought you'd wanna know.

Thanks for All your freakin' AMAZING work!!!

Knox

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Tapping the info button is supposed to do what exactly? I wasn't expecting something fancy like ID3 tags for the MP3 files, but at least a pane showing the file size, and last accessed date would be nice.

When I tap it, nothing comes up.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!